Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Re the new surprise song dresses… I like the design sketch but in comparison to the end product, it’s like the dress has had the waistline sewn too high? It makes it an empire waist which I don’t think is as flattering as it could be if it sat at Taylor’s natural waist, as it does in the sketch.

View attachment 2929423
I wish they wouldn’t use the impossible unachievable fashion illustrations in a side by side by her though. She’s looking amazing, strong & healthy and nowhere near the really ill thin looking era she went through, I’d hate for her to see the other drawing etc and be like things look better on that kind of figure again :/

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Folkevermore

VIP Member
We thought we knew everything but we knew NOTHING

I remember thinking people were ludicrous for suggesting we would even get one Matty song on this album. Oh how wrong I was 😂
Remember when I joked the whole album would be about Matty? I didn’t think I’d be right 🤣

• Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I just wanted to say that it was delight reading this thread last night :) I’m kind of already over Eurovision this year, so Taylor‘s Paris mayhem was a welcome distraction and I’m glad I watched it all via stream.

As I said a while ago when I first posted in this thread, I’m a new fan and I love her music for what it is. I don’t need to know in detail about which mediocre white man she obsesses over in the songs, so I try to avoid all that (very very difficult, which is why I avoided all discussions when the album was released). I think at her level of fame it must be hard to write about anything other than men and fame and people who have wronged her. But that makes the songs very specifically about her only, meaning she’s unable to relate to anyone but herself. And that’s sad, because I think she realizes that too. So I guess what I’m trying to say is that I enjoy her music more when I don’t know anything about the background, but I completely understand that the opposite is the case for most of her fans, because they are invested in her as a person <3

• Heart

Trixxx

VIP Member
She doesnt care enough about Joe to write such a scathing song.
Couldn't be a more true sentence. I think the Matty relationship really made her put Joe completely behind her. She had So Long, London which was sad, but I feel just explains it. They just grew apart and there was simply nothing to sing about anymore.

ishant

VIP Member
I love this photo of her

Can she do my job for me seeing she’s so good at hers tho 😂😂😂

IMG_7774.png

• Heart

Polkadot123

VIP Member
How has it only been a year though since Matty was staring at her lovingly whilst she performed.
Like what.

• Haha

Polkadot123

VIP Member
Yeah I’ll be honest while I do enter into some discussions on here about the “who” the songs are about etc when I listen I’m not exactly going “omg this is about matty” I’m applying it to my own life and singing dramatically while staring out a window etc 🤣
On a train is the best place. Pretend you are in a movie.

• Haha
  • Heart

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I’ve decided I’d really love The Black Dog as a surprise acoustic song seeing as I’ve already lost loml on night 1.

• Heart

veronica71

VIP Member
I know people have get sad about ICDIWABH (look at me using initials like a proper swiftie!!) but watching the live performance I find it actually really empowering - like throw whatever BS you want at me I can still kick arse

• Heart
Reactions: 12

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Am I right in thinking nothing got cut from Midnights? Really?? Nothing?!
Sorry Blondie but if this is your ERAS tour, that is crazy. Midnights made sense having a huge set when it was her lead album - but now ttpd set is there it should have been cut back to four songs. Then Long Live, the 1, The Archer etc could stay? I know it’s a fun happy era to end the show but she could do Bejeweled, Antihero, Mastermind, Karma and that would be enough surely? Am I tripping, do others agree??
And she should have at least one from Debut to totally represent all the Eras as it’s weird not one from it is a permanent number imo!
---
Also... Lol at Justin Bieber announcing the pregnancy.. no one cares hun theres a new friggin tour!
He doesn’t seem like a man ready for parenthood lately, he needs some help not a massive responsibility in bringing up another human! Hails will have her work cut out mothering him and the baby!

• Heart

enkaym

I think she's definitely lip syncing a decent chunk of the show overall, particularly the high tempo songs. Or at least relying on a backing track. I just don't think anyone could sing for that long without doing some damage.

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
A lot of the uptempo songs will have a backing track because it's almost impossible to sing and dance at the same time. She still sings a tonne of it live though.

• Heart

Trixxx

VIP Member
Don't think I'm quite over last night yet, and had the worst sleep, no surprises there. Think I'll just have it on in the background tonight, and only 'actively' watch surprise songs and TTPD again. Someone mentioned possibility interchanging Long Live and Enchanted, I'd be happy about that, but can't see it happening.
I'm still not over losing loml so soon, it was my no1, but in a way it's a blessing in disguise as if she hadn't played it before my date and then didn't play it at my date, I'd probably have been a tinsy bit disappointed, so at least now I can manage my expectations (and don't tell me it might be replayed, don't want my hopes up lol).

She really is something else, looked and sounded phenomenal, you could see the break did her the world of good, she just seemed to be loving it and "fresher" rather than going through the motions (I know, give it time). It's got me super excited for UK/Ireland, just over a month. Eeekk.
This is what I thought. She looked a little tired by the end of the last run so I am so happy she has had the time off. I also think adding TTPD has really refreshed it for her, and I felt she loved every single minute of it. (I could be wrong, she can do it with a broken heart you know).

ls240898

VIP Member
This is what I thought. She looked a little tired by the end of the last run so I am so happy she has had the time off. I also think adding TTPD has really refreshed it for her, and I felt she loved every single minute of it. (I could be wrong, she can do it with a broken heart you know).
She did say when she was doing the mashups she wanted to add a little fun in to it. I’m sure it’s tedious performing the same thing (bar surprise songs) 3/4 times a week for months on end. She seemed excited!

ls240898

VIP Member
Mother’s Day tomorrow so The Best Day is a shoe in. Also I hope this isn’t offensive but does anyone else find it weird Scott basically follows Taylor round the world 😂 she’s a 30 something year old why is her dad ALWAYS there. Maybe I’m just not that close with my family

Trixxx

VIP Member
She did say when she was doing the mashups she wanted to add a little fun in to it. I’m sure it’s tedious performing the same thing (bar surprise songs) 3/4 times a week for months on end. She seemed excited!
She really did. I think the mash ups quite excited her, but the set list change has given it some life for her again. I could not imagine doing the same thing that many times for that long a time.

Also, as much as the mash ups were fun - but I'm happy to see she went back to basics last night and I do hope that stays. Repeat songs though pleaseeee!