Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And thats fine but you cant use it to sell albums and boost your profile when it suits you. Which she has done in the past.

I dont think anyone expects her to say anything really. However it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth for her to have did it previously for her own ends only.

Like it or not politics is peoples lives. You cant just dip when you think oh I cant be arsed anymore. It doesnt work like that. Or its performative.

She is more concerned about how any words would hurt her than thousands of people hurting.

Just my opinion of course. If you want to stay silent that is your right but stay silent dont just pick and choose.
I do agree. It comes across as performative

Reactions: 3
I love Florence’s voice - it is just perfect!
That bit gets me too 🤣

Same when Florence sings about her ghosts having a hell of a time. Both bits are so good.
Yes!!

'The hurricane with my name when it came
I got drunk and I dared it to wash me away
Barricaded in the bathroom with a bottle of wine
Well, me and my ghosts, wе had a hell of a time
Yes, I'm hauntеd, but I'm feeling just fine'

♥

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Saying that, I would have liked her to have said something on Roe V Wade.
she did when the sc overturned it

it's hard for me to know what i want from taylor in terms of political activism - i'd rather she kept quiet on issues she isn't educated on, and i think that's why she's only spoken up about local issues. yes she was publicly hoping for a democrat win but as far as i know she never endorsed biden as a national presidential candidate, just the local party rep for midterms and even that was unsuccessful. i don't think she'd ever speak up about international issues, and never mentioned ukraine when that seemed a lot more palatable to support than palestine does now. it's very obvious where the media's support lies with discrepancies in reporting and i can't blame her for not wanting to rile them up.

i know it's been argued in the past that concert safety isn't a valid argument but again i'd rather her say nothing than provoke the wrong people who feel they've got a point to prove - insurrection anyone? if they can enter the capitol building then international concert venues seem like a doddle (at least we don't have to worry about guns i guess)

saying all that i do wish she was more consistent with her approach, but i also understand why she's not ^

• Heart
Reactions: 10

it's hard for me to know what i want from taylor in terms of political activism - i'd rather she kept quiet on issues she isn't educated on, and i think that's why she's only spoken up about local issues. yes she was publicly hoping for a democrat win but as far as i know she never endorsed biden as a national presidential candidate, just the local party rep. i don't think she'd ever speak up about international issues, and never mentioned ukraine when that seemed a lot more palatable to support than palestine does now. it's very obvious where the media's support lies with discrepancies in reporting and i can't blame her for not wanting to rile them up.

i know it's been argued in the past that concert safety isn't a valid argument but again i'd rather her say nothing than provoke the wrong people who feel they've got a point to prove - insurrection anyone? if they can enter the capitol building then international concert venues seem like a doddle (at least we don't have to worry about guns i guess)

saying all that i do wish she was more consistent with her approach, but i also understand why she's not ^
I did not remember her saying anything at all so thank you for sharing this. I am so pleased she did say something on this!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't understand how any celeb would refuse to use their platform. Especially with what we are seeing right now in Palestine. She could even keep it general if she's bothered about alienating part of her fanbase or doesn't feel educated enough on certain issues, like promoting humanitarian organisations that help all civilians in many countries. She may donate silently which is one thing but she could do more imo. I know not everyone will agree and that's fine - just my unasked for 2 cents. 😅

She could have set up her own charitable foundation or aligned herself closely with existing charities. It doesn't even need to be related to polarising issues she could do anything.

Eta: and I do know she has donated to fans and causes in the past but with her billionaire status she's not doing much imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t think celebrities HAVE to speak out but loads of them only do it when it suits or when it could affect them directly which gives me weird vibes.
---
Finding out that he was perusing her hard from July makes me think he's very happy to be linked to The Taylor Swift. At this rate she might need Alonsso is the driving seat of the getaway car if she wanted to upsticks.
Actually she’d have been a hot couple with Alonso, I wish that rumour had been true 🤣

Reactions: 6
Lol I spoke too soon, my cd arrived today in the end, thankfully unbroken. Was worried as it was the collectors edition and I didn't think they'd have the same again if it had gotten lost. Still don't think I'll order direct again, it's fairly terrible considering I preordered in February.

By her own admission she's too soft for all of it. I dunno, i would have very definitive stances on a lot of things, but would find it very hard to articulate why I feel that way. I think Everything she says or doesn't say gets picked apart so can see why she doesn't say anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't understand how any celeb would refuse to use their platform. Especially with what we are seeing right now in Palestine. She could even keep it general if she's bothered about alienating part of her fanbase or doesn't feel educated enough on certain issues, like promoting humanitarian organisations that help all civilians in many countries. She may donate silently which is one thing but she could do more imo. I know not everyone will agree and that's fine - just my unasked for 2 cents. 😅

She could have set up her own charitable foundation or aligned herself closely with existing charities. It doesn't even need to be related to polarising issues she could do anything.

Eta: and I do know she has donated to fans and causes in the past but with her billionaire status she's not doing much imo.
Yeah there were ways of doing it, plenty of celebs have spoken up and taken the hit monetary wise.

You have to wonder what all the fame and money is worth if at the end of the day you're too scared to say genocide is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She did publicly back Biden / Harris. She made cupcakes and put Biden / Harris toppers on them and posted to social media.

Sorry just butting in 🤣

Reactions: 1
She did publicly back Biden / Harris. She made cupcakes and put Biden / Harris toppers on them and posted to social media.

Sorry just butting in 🤣
oh yeah i forgot those cookies existed 😅 but i don't remember it being alongside a statement of sorts (magazine interview saying who she was voting for, but not actively encouraging others to vote the same way, at least not to the extent of the 2018 midterms). imo her endorsing biden now would rub people the wrong way after his support for israel - i guess that's why she hardly speaks up as thing can change so rapidly. anti trump can be interpreted as pro israel now, when that wasn't the case in 2020

Reactions: 2
Cute one for any anyone expecting a mini Swiftie! 🫶🏼
If all is well in a couple of weeks I’m going to try and get a t shirt that says “I don’t know about you, but im growing ✌

because there’s no chance my current outfit is going to fit 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
oh yeah i forgot those cookies existed 😅 but i don't remember it being alongside a statement of sorts (magazine interview saying who she was voting for, but not actively encouraging others to vote the same way, at least not to the extent of the 2018 midterms). imo her endorsing biden now would rub people the wrong way after his support for israel - i guess that's why she hardly speaks up as thing can change so rapidly. anti trump can be interpreted as pro israel now, when that wasn't the case in 2020
I wish I retained stuff I need to remember as easily as stuff thats useless.

I do agree but its why I think if she cant take the rough with the smooth she needs to just be quiet. Maybe she will be from now on.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

it's hard for me to know what i want from taylor in terms of political activism - i'd rather she kept quiet on issues she isn't educated on, and i think that's why she's only spoken up about local issues. yes she was publicly hoping for a democrat win but as far as i know she never endorsed biden as a national presidential candidate, just the local party rep for midterms and even that was unsuccessful. i don't think she'd ever speak up about international issues, and never mentioned ukraine when that seemed a lot more palatable to support than palestine does now. it's very obvious where the media's support lies with discrepancies in reporting and i can't blame her for not wanting to rile them up.

I agree her need for security is a very real thing if the wrong people were to target her, and she would be the perfect target to make a impact, that could make her life almost impossible to mange never mind work.
She has the right to have as much of a life as she can possibly scrape out of the crazy world she lives in.
She already has about the highest level of security a civilian can have, that must be suffocating in itself.

Reactions: 7
I’m always on the fence about celebrities Taylor in particular speaking out. I get for Taylor safety can be a big concern but it does irk me that she speaks out when it impacts her but not when it doesn’t.
I do think though she should use her actions to make silent statements and I was very disappointed when she chose Disney for the eras tour, I think it could have been such a power move to not do that and choose a different service.

also, low key love the shade from Joe posting about Palestine on her birthday and things. They could never make me hate him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She could be donating millions for all we know, realistically she could keep her cards close to her chest but not speaking on Genocide is insane. Harry Styles and a lot of genuinely famous celebrities have said absolutely duck all so it isn’t just her. It’s just bizarre. I understand money keeps the lights on but it’s genocide.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She could be donating millions for all we know, realistically she could keep her cards close to her chest but not speaking on Genocide is insane. Harry Styles and a lot of genuinely famous celebrities have said absolutely duck all so it isn’t just her. It’s just bizarre. I understand money keeps the lights on but it’s genocide.
But why do we expect the likes of Taylor Swift and Harry Styles to speak on these issues?! Genuine question.

They are popstars, not world leaders.

Reactions: 16
At the very least I'd like to see these big celebs making donations to humanitarian relief publicly. It doesn't have to be political if they're scared the crazies will come for them or recognize they are too ignorant to speak about it in an eloquent manner. But I know so many people who donate money once they see celebs donate. Like how clothing items sell out if Taylor wears them? Like that but with humanitarian aid. I wish it wasn't so and that people were prompted by their own conscience to do good but many are waiting to jump on a bandwagon and someone's gotta be driving that train.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.