Taylor Swift #4 Midnights EST, we'll be in our jammies. Why does she need validation from the grammys?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went a bit merch crazy 😬 I managed to get the red scarf and cardigan ornaments, the red scarf, the red mug, the plaid shirt days sweater, the ‘he did it’ keyring, happy free confused and lonely T-shirt and the plaid shirt says fleece.

RIP my bank account đŸ« 
Wow so lucky! I want basically all of the red merch too but I think it’s gonna have to be a few pieces as Christmas presents 
. If they last that long. Really want the red scarf and ‘happy free confused’ T-shirt! đŸ˜©

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Wow so lucky! I want basically all of the red merch too but I think it’s gonna have to be a few pieces as Christmas presents 
. If they last that long. Really want the red scarf and ‘happy free confused’ T-shirt! đŸ˜©
Those 2 items were ‘in stock’ and the rest was pre order so I think that means they are old stock they have from prior merch drops and the other stuff is new. If you can I would maybe send whoever is getting it for you the links for them as soon as you can cos I’d be sad for you if they’re gone quick â˜č

Resisted merch, genuinely only because when I got to checkout the cardigan had gone, so I’m going to take it as a sign to put that money into the Speak Now Taylor’s Version fund because I will be having everything when it’s released. If I miss out on a signed CD for it I will be devastated beyond belief.

Reactions: 2
Those 2 items were ‘in stock’ and the rest was pre order so I think that means they are old stock they have from prior merch drops and the other stuff is new. If you can I would maybe send whoever is getting it for you the links for them as soon as you can cos I’d be sad for you if they’re gone quick â˜č
Yeah the red scarf is already gone đŸ˜‚đŸ˜© there is so much I’d like it’s almost overwhelming!!

Ste hasn't spoken about Kanye but she has written lyrics referencing him since rep. I think Karma is directed at him as well as scooter, then peace, long story short. Think that's it?

I wanted that holiday merch so bad. I've never splurged on any, because as much as I Taylor and I love buying tit, I also love a bargain and her merch isn't that, lol.

I actually bought a t-shirt from China that says "I had a marvellous time ruining everything", which I love (ÂŁ4, nice colour, great lyric - win win win).

BUT the text is cursive and so the r isn't very obviously an r and it looks like it says "I had a marvellous time winning everything", which makes sense at least I suppose but makes me look like a braggy weirdo. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Some of it I wouldn’t even call petty: the Kanye stuff is not petty. He has publicly humiliated her more than once. And this was back when he was taken more seriously by the public and industry.

I honestly don’t understand enough about the music industry to know if all the stuff with her masters is petty or not, but I like the narrative that she is taking back what’s hers and not allowing herself to be screwed over by ‘the man’. Even if that’s not really what’s happening, I don’t think it’s a bad message to be sending.

Vigilante tit could be classed as petty but it does all fit in this heroes/villains/anti-hero/karma theme that runs throughout some of her music so I tend to think she’s playing up to that role that both she and we as fans have created around her music.

The Katy Perry stuff, yes petty but again a different time, she was a lot younger and therefore general pettiness is to be expected and their public reconciliation was her publicly acknowledging that it was wrong in my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Don’t feel like getting into the Kanye stuff now but it’s also not what it seems, in terms of not completely how she make it out to be. The difference is Kanye also just happens to be genuinely awful so at this point no one would really care about or believe Taylor’s culpability or actions. But as for her not talking about it in five years? Lmaoooooo! Girl she was making whiny Tumblr posts about it the outset of the damn COVID pandemic. Not to mention the 100000 other times she’s talked about or alluded to it. But anyway.

End of the day her stans will go through each thing and excuse it all so there’s no point with most of it. But after a while you realize that all the things that Taylor has complained about— being targeted and maligned in the press, being cheated on, being manipulated in love, being left with no explanation, being pursued when too young/underage, being slut shamed, having others encourage online cancel campaigns against you, etc., etc., are all things that Taylor herself has done, but when she does it it’s like “yas!” *painting nails emoji*

Difference to me with the ~exposing- others’ marriages is that she does it by making out it’s a karmic retribution to her, Taylor, and she likes to sing about it smugly and make sure everyone knows who she is talking about and seems to genuinely think it’s payback to her. It’s an ugly streak she has and hopefully she doesn’t find herself one day on the receiving end.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can someone explain the crazy amount of anti hero remixes? Is it because it counts towards the streams for the normal song? How does that work if they’re remixes?

With the ‘exposing’ stuff, I would say it’s only actually apparent who these songs are about to her fans anyway, who know the history and therefore support her in the situation. My husband listens to these songs and has no clue who/what/when they are about.

Most people listening to Vigilante tit would have no clue it related to anyone specific, and Taylor herself hasn’t actually come out and said who it is about. A lot of the narrative is created by the fans and Taylor seems to play up to/along with it in her song writing narrative.

Reactions: 6
Ugh you’re so lucky, I did not get a look in! My friend works for Ticketmaster and she told me that there was going to be an announcement during the im a celeb ad breaks tonight, it’s their “biggest on sale in years”, so top secret her manager said he could get fired if anyone found it. She said everyone in the office was thinking Beyonce or Taylor. ITS PETER KAY. This has been the Sunday of nightmares
The expected mania is real it seems. :ROFLMAO:
Madness. Who are all the crazy Peter Kay fans?? He's as funny as Mrs Brown.

Made WORSE by the fact my boyfriend wants to go see him. Thought I was getting Taylor but I’ve got garlic bread instead
I really really don't get the garlic bread joke.

The expected mania is real it seems. :ROFLMAO:
Madness. Who are all the crazy Peter Kay fans?? He's as funny as Mrs Brown.

I really really don't get the garlic bread joke.
Same, but I did nab my bf two tickets to Peter Kay so I am in the good books. Karma is my boyfriend after all

Why has she not done any live performances this era? đŸ˜©
Idk but the drought was very worst

• Haha
But as for her not talking about it in five years? Lmaoooooo! Girl she was making whiny Tumblr posts about it the outset of the damn COVID pandemic. Not to mention the 100000 other times she’s talked about or alluded to it. But anyway.
Alluding is different to outright talking about it , and I mentioned alluding in my post . I don’t blame her for that . If you had the worst year of your life because someone tried (and nearly succeeded) to ruin you , would you use it to inspire your art ? Wouldn’t you be torn up about it ? It wasn’t just kayne , it was the world’s reaction to the tapes which destroyed her . It was the catalyst but it was the Twitter and press reaction which solidified it . And tbh the way the press had been treating her it was a long time coming . They were just waiting for a reason to dislike her and take her down , and kayne handed it to them . So her references in recent years haven’t just been to kayne and Kim but to everything that happened as a result of that . Personally I don’t think we can blame her for dwelling on that .

I don’t have or know much about tumblr . What did Taylor say that was explicitly about Kayne in early 2020 ?

Reactions: 3
Alluding is different to outright talking about it , and I mentioned alluding in my post . I don’t blame her for that . If you had the worst year of your life because someone tried (and nearly succeeded) to ruin you , would you use it to inspire your art ? Wouldn’t you be torn up about it ? It wasn’t just kayne , it was the world’s reaction to the tapes which destroyed her . It was the catalyst but it was the Twitter and press reaction which solidified it . And tbh the way the press had been treating her it was a long time coming . They were just waiting for a reason to dislike her and take her down , and kayne handed it to them . So her references in recent years haven’t just been to kayne and Kim but to everything that happened as a result of that . Personally I don’t think we can blame her for dwelling on that .

I don’t have or know much about tumblr . What did Taylor say that was explicitly about Kayne in early 2020 ?
I just disagree about the framing of the Kanye/Taylor incident unfortunately, but it takes work to actually lay out the timelines of that whole thing, and I don’t feel like it today lol, sorry. Like I said, Kanye just happens to be trash, so no one especially wants to revisit it. But the way in which that played out doesn’t actually absolve Taylor entirely and yet it is often reported in ways that conveniently leaves things out. One day I’ll happily detail it though.

But other than that, yeah just at the outset of the COVID pandemic (2020, obvs), some additional part of the tape was released and Taylor wrote about it on Tumblr and claimed it absolved her, she made a kind of gloating post about it and she tacked on something at the end about COVID, it was weird. (IMO).

She’s also talked about the incident in 2019’s Miss Americana, and directly in articles for major outlets in promo for Lover, (2019), and then of course there was the entire Rep tour, etc. So no, she didn’t leave it in 2016 is all I’m saying. As for allusions, yes they are just allusions, but those continued through folklore and evermore. Was really happy to see she seems to have dropped it finally with Midnights!

• Heart
I just disagree about the framing of the Kanye/Taylor incident unfortunately, but it takes work to actually lay out the timelines of that whole thing, and I don’t feel like it today lol, sorry. Like I said, Kanye just happens to be trash, so no one especially wants to revisit it. But the way in which that played out doesn’t actually absolve Taylor entirely and yet it is often reported in ways that conveniently leaves things out. One day I’ll happily detail it though.

But other than that, yeah just at the outset of the COVID pandemic (2020, obvs), some additional part of the tape was released and Taylor wrote about it on Tumblr and claimed it absolved her, she made a kind of gloating post about it and she tacked on something at the end about COVID, it was weird. (IMO).

She’s also talked about the incident in 2019’s Miss Americana, and directly in articles for major outlets in promo for Lover, (2019), and then of course there was the entire Rep tour, etc. So no, she didn’t leave it in 2016 is all I’m saying. As for allusions, yes they are just allusions, but those continued through folklore and evermore. Was really happy to see she seems to have dropped it finally with Midnights!
If I recall correctly, once the tape came out, Taylor's only complaint was that Kanye called her 'that witch'. Not the part before it. Not the part after it.

I do agree she has been problematic at times but then plays victim and tries to make out she's ever so virtuous. It was nasty and spiteful to bring scooters wife into it imo. What's the saying- success is the best revenge, I don't know why she doesn't just let that speak for itself. The releases are getting boring now as well, it does feel exploitative tbh.

Anyway yes I will still be frantically trying to secure tickets.

• Heart

The whole recording was released. And I've listened to all of it. She WAS completely absolved. You can hear in her voice that she doesn't like any of it but she's trying to be nice to him because they had a kind of truce at that stage but she knows he's a narcissistic asshole.

Reactions: 8
If I recall correctly, once the tape came out, Taylor's only complaint was that Kanye called her 'that witch'. Not the part before it. Not the part after it.
I feel like people love to gloss over the fact that he put a naked mannequin of her for his music video too, that was bleeping disgusting and he was never held accountable

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.