Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ls240898

VIP Member
I saw HAIM earlier this year, a few days later Taylor comes out with HAIM in London.

I saw Bon Iver on Monday, a few days later Taylor comes out with Bon Iver 😡

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

allthemyths

Unpopular opinion: her songwriting in midnights feels like a stepback from folklore/evermore.
I’m actually really glad that you said what I was thinking all the time!

💫 Hello by the way, I’ve been a longtime lurker on here and can totally understand what it’s like to absolutely adore some of Taylor’s creative work and still be torn about her as a person.

disneys

VIP Member
I think that “the voices that implore you should be doing more, to you I can admit that I’m just too soft for all of it” is about her lack of activism but to me that feels like such a cop out . Don’t start something then just let it fizzle out … makes you look fake & weak

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Back to Joe slander which is my favourite 😂

I was so excited to watch Conversations with Friends and I was like SHE WROTE ALL THESE SONGS ABOUT THIS MF-ER?!? what?!? 😩🥴

If Midnight Rain is to be believed Taylor Lautner gave her the ick and this guy didnt? Cmon now 😭

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
She's too soft for that but not too soft to go after Scooter, blast someone's marriage breakdown to the world, mention Scooter's ex wife, have constant beef with a problematic celebrity who needs mental treatment. Not too soft to be ruthless in getting money from fans.

You can't be a girl boss and be too soft for it.

I hate that lyric.

Just say you don't care and would rather keep your millions and fame than speaking out about CRUCIAL subjects and having people dislike you.
Let’s not give Kanye a free pass because of mental health though, he’s started all the beef and he’s objectively a terrible person.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I agree. I get people will always have the excuses about why she doesn’t ‘have’ to say anything (same excuses they had for years), and that’s fine, but like you said… SHE is the one who literally said she only didn’t do it before because she was held back, and now she wants to be politically active, etc., etc.

I defended her a couple years ago when she had this new political persona for Lover, and people accused her of just using it as a persona for her album rollout and that it was pandering. I thought that was so unfair. Now? Idk. Looks like it was accurate? Like she really did just use it as an album rollout?
Once she got success again with Folklore and then her re-records, she slowly dropped the political stuff. That all seems pretty glaring. I remember being mildly surprised that she never did any kind of encouragement to her fans to get vaccinated when it first became available. (Back when the vax wasn’t even that political!) I just remember thinking, huh, that’s weird but seems obvious.

The thing is, one of the big reasons she was never political before is because she wanted to sell and sell to more audiences than her peers do. In the doc, it was made out like she didn’t because she was told that is what a ‘good’ and pleasant girl does. The issue of country music was alluded to slightly. That’s part of it maybe, but another part is definitely that when she says quiet she can appeal to more people. The rush of success with folklore and re-records got to her IMO.
Even then I’m surprised she didn’t go harder about the abortion issue for the midterms. It’s an issue that crosses partisan lines and yet…

Reactions: 10

Lilykins

VIP Member
I always found it super uncomfortable how she went for Katy Perry so hard - whatever your feelings about Katy, I don’t think she deserved to be so publicly lambasted all because of dancers on a tour. Who knows why Taylor publicly aired this grudge against her but it really dented Katy’s career.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I think that “the voices that implore you should be doing more, to you I can admit that I’m just too soft for all of it” is about her lack of activism but to me that feels like such a cop out . Don’t start something then just let it fizzle out … makes you look fake & weak
Exactly! That actually pissed me off because it seems to play right into this narrative of ‘of course she is unimpeachably good and caring deep down, but also either people are being mean and telling her not to speak OR she’s just too soft’.

It’s just another kind of framing to what she used to say ten years ago, ‘well I’m just a young girl who doesn’t know much about these issues so I shouldn’t speak on them’.

(and tbh whiteness is a part of it because, sorry… there’s a certain way in which that can allow certain girls to be like ‘I’m just too soft’ or to say ‘of course I’m a good and loving person we all know that, it must be something else keeping me quiet’.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
This made my heart sink a little, thinking of Bigger Than The Whole Sky 💔
Seeing friends or family experience things can also be personal. We owe it to Taylor to not speculate on this song.

Everyone on tiktok calling her to be cancelled for having the word “fat” on her scales need to touch grass.

she’s constantly been ripped apart by the media for her weight over the years, and obviously that affects her perception of herself, which is the whole point of her evil twin self in the video.

Last edited:
  • Heart

grannypants

VIP Member
Holy shit this album is STUNNING. I’m halfway through my first listen and I keep having to stop to take deep breaths in between the songs 😂

SHES JUST RELEASED SEVEN MORE SONGS

Last edited:
  • Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I wish she would stop with the publicly gloating on several songs now that Scooter cheated on his wife… they have children... let’s hope karma doesn’t ever get on your bad side with that one, Taylor.
He’s the one who made his children’s lives more difficult though. Not Taylor

ls240898

VIP Member
do we think she is going to sing songs from each era in the costume she wore signing that song on the particular tour? The speak now dress and the 13 is making me think so 🥹
No offence to Tay but I hope not, some of them are absolutely criminally bad fashion and should be banned

• Haha

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
So ridiculous. People will be offended at anything. She has admitted she starved herself for years. It's pathetic that snowflakes have reacted that way.

ginandlipstick

It’s almost like people don’t realise people have individual tastes in music?

People just love to hate on popular artists because it makes them look “different” to other people. There’s a difference between slating an artist and disliking their music.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I love Phoebe so much and I’m so jealous of anyone who gets tickets to the day she is supporting, they’ll definitely do Nothing New. I like that Phoebe has continued to be vocal about her support and love for Taylor as she’s gotten bigger, unlike people like Olivia Rodrigo who are trying to distance themselves from her now
The reason for that is that literally the day after Taylor met Olivia at the Brits, Olivia was swiftly served with notice that Taylor’s lawyers would be pursuing songwriting credits on Olivia’s song Deja Vu. This was really hurtful to her obviously and things haven’t been good since.
(Even hardcore Swifties didn’t like that Taylor’s name was put on Deja Vu and feels it’s unfair, so that tells you something).

• Wow
  • Sad

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Fans won’t forget this and hopefully this could be the start of the downfall of ticketmaster. They’ve fucked up one to many times now. Ticketmaster UK/Europe better get their shit together for when dates go on sale here.