Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilykins

VIP Member
I thought it was very clear in the video that the ‘fat’ was in relation to her and how she has been made to feel in the past or has felt. It never crossed by mind that it was fat shaming!

Reactions: 12

JLXRD

VIP Member
With the Katy Perry thing, yes, it does all seem very petty but as someone a couple of years younger than Taylor I was also very petty in my early 20s. A lot of things I would shrug off now felt malicious or like the end of the world.

They did build a bridge and do a video together and I can’t help but think that has to do with Taylor getting older and wiser. Yes, she’s a role model but she was still a young girl at the time and capable of silly petty arguments the way we all were at that age.

I know there’s an argument she needs to be more careful because she’s a role mode etc but I think putting that pressure on celebrities isn’t fair, they are still only human.

If anything I’d put a lot of the pettier stuff on a PR team who should be advising her better rather than just rolling with potentially damaging stuff for publicity but it was also very of its time in that there wasn’t such a strong message of women supporting women like we have now.

disneys

VIP Member
What’s everyone’s favourite lyric?
“I wake up screaming from dreaming
One day I'll watch as you're leaving and life will lose all its meaning”

One for the insecure girlies who are worried their perfect husbands are going to leave them and finally get sick of their shit , because that’s me every day 🥲

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
I managed to bag glasto tickets this morning, still holding onto a glimmer of hope that she’ll be headlining 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Ugh you’re so lucky, I did not get a look in! My friend works for Ticketmaster and she told me that there was going to be an announcement during the im a celeb ad breaks tonight, it’s their “biggest on sale in years”, so top secret her manager said he could get fired if anyone found it. She said everyone in the office was thinking Beyonce or Taylor. ITS PETER KAY. This has been the Sunday of nightmares

• Haha
  • Wow

Polkadot123

VIP Member
I hope she writes a memoir when she's older. And just answers everything. Every theory. Every relationship. Every song.

JombleWomble

VIP Member
I feel like people love to gloss over the fact that he put a naked mannequin of her for his music video too, that was fucking disgusting and he was never held accountable
Everyone involved in the making and distribution of that video should be held accountable, it was so disgusting and there's no excuse for it. It really angers me that that video is still out there in the world.

I don't want my entire post to be about that gross video! So I'll add that I'm still at the stage where I don't know my favourite songs on Midnights yet because I'm finding myself fixated on a different song every day 😅 today it's Midnight Rain.

wordzalad

VIP Member
i hate people like this!!! I seen a tweet from someone saying ‘you wait until Rihannas album is released this week and you Swifties will see what real music is’ just accept not everyone likes the same things 🥱
I never get why people say stuff like this. Do they think people can’t like more than one thing? I like Taylor, I also like the 1975 and the Arctic Monkeys who all released music this month so I’ve listened to theres as well.

It seems so weird and snobby and people haven’t gotten past their “Taylor Swift writes break up music for girls” mentality.

Reactions: 11

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Bigger than the whole sky is my favourite just because the whole song relates to my life the last year. It’s quite a comforting song to me actually and the lyrics are really powerful to me

second fav is anti-hero

• Heart

Lilykins

VIP Member
i don’t think ‘fuck the patriarchy key ring on the ground’ was from 2012. That to me seems like 2021 Taylor to me. I’ve always thought 10 minutes was an exaggeration on Taylor’s part but the fans took it and ran. She said she originally played it first at a sound check on the speak now tour; maybe it was longer then than what was finally recorded for red, but i do have doubts also that it’s what’s been released now as the 10 min version that we’ve heard this year.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
What I’m having trouble with is announcing the presale for the UK. Obviously it was to drive album sales even though you didn’t need a purchase but would she really say it all for the upcoming shows if the shows were TWO years away?
Nothing would surprise me when it comes to tay tay and her capitalist life 🙈

• Haha

disneys

VIP Member
I think Joe’s writing credits are very loose … I imagine she’s singing and playing piano and he’s just there , maybe occasionally suggesting a lyric or a slight change . I just think she likes giving him the credits firstly on folklore because it was a severely who he was and hehe can the fans work this out , and now just because it’s her way of telling the world “we are still together ! That’s my boyfriend ! We write songs together ! Power couple “

disneys

VIP Member
I can see it from both sides.
But taylor will definitely have not meant any harm. Its just her story.
Exactly , it’s just how her inner critic made her feel at the height of her ED . Just because she is slim doesn’t mean she hasn’t struggled with body dysmorphia . I found it relatable

• Heart

Lilykins

VIP Member
😂 I don’t think she’s actually the front runner for SOTY. I think it’s meant to be Adele or Bad Bunny as the front runners. She might win music video at most, I think Encanto will probably win song for visual media
I don’t get the Adele thing - has her new material really been on anyone’s radar?! Feel like the hype massively died down very quickly!
Yeah I think the most likely one too will be video.

honkytonkcat

Bigger than the Whole Sky genuinely makes me WEEP
I love it because it covers loss so ambiguously and resonates for different reasons depending on who you are/your life experiences. For me it says everything I’ve tried to articulate so many times about the loss of a loved one who died very young, and all the things they never got to do or be. It’s really a beautiful song 💕

• Heart

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
Lavender haze: Joe
Maroon: Jake
Anti-hero: herself
Snow on the beach: Joe
You’re on your own, kid: herself, an early ex, insecurites, career, eating disorder
Midnight rain: Taylor Lautner
Question…?: Harry
Vigilante Shit: Scooter
Bejeweled: Calvin
Labyrinth: Joe
Sweet Nothing: Joe
Mastermind: Joe
The Great War: Joe
Bigger than the world: her own miscarriages. And I think she's had 3.
Paris: Joe
High infidelity: Calvin
Glitch: Joe
Would’ve, could’ve, should’ve: John
Dear Reader: herself
why are we still dissecting this like trashy magazines from 2012? just let the music speak for itself.
ALSO what the fuck speculating about a miscarriage?? and you don't think THAT'S INVASIVE? but God forbid someone assumes she dated Karlie Kloss lmao. gonna apply your logic here: unless she comes out and says she had a miscarriage. DONT ASSUME SHE HAD ONE. it's fucking weird and creepy.