Taylor Swift #4 Midnights EST, we'll be in our jammies. Why does she need validation from the grammys?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some fans are saying - and it seems believable - that the “special chaotic surprise” is that Hits Different (the bonus track) is available to stream. Taylor hasn’t actually posted about the bonus tracks at all so some Swifties could say “omg another new song already!”.

i feel like the chaotic surprise isn’t a tour announcement, a music video announcement or anything huge at all now. Looking at how she has been using the word “chaotic” and “madness” on social media when all she’s done it announce some tracks…

Reactions: 6
So she’s gonna release snippets of 3 tracks on tiktok. I kind of want to wait for Friday but I’ll probably cave

• Wow
Reactions: 1
So, so far on Spotify she has said that she has been kept awake at night by self loathing and fantasising about revenge. Assuming these themes could cover more than one song, which do you think apply?

I don't actually care, and I'm likely wrong but I'm uber competitive and like puzzles. Plus I'm bored.

Self loathing - antihero, maroon (because why not), maybe you're on your own kid
Revenge - karma (duh), mastermind

She said karma was real BEFORE snakegate though, but it's more appropriate afterwards, obviously.

How many songs do we actually think were written before 2022?

So, so far on Spotify she has said that she has been kept awake at night by self loathing and fantasising about revenge. Assuming these themes could cover more than one song, which do you think apply?

I don't actually care, and I'm likely wrong but I'm uber competitive and like puzzles. Plus I'm bored.

Self loathing - antihero, maroon (because why not), maybe you're on your own kid

She said karma was real BEFORE snakegate though, but it's more appropriate afterwards, obviously.

How many songs do we actually think were written before 2022?
think she could have had some idea of things she wanted to write about but pieced them together this year - seems to do that a lot like with The Man and the last great American dynasty.

at first I thought we would be able to pinpoint some of them but it seems like it’s going to be more general than specific about her life. Revenge also keeps me up at night tho 😉

This guy is a *very* reliable leaker and said on ATRL that the album itself sounds very Melodrama-y and like positions also?

Last edited:
Looks like some clips have leaked. Can we agree to put any spoilers in the spoiler tag pleeeease 😇

Reactions: 2
I really don’t know what this album will sound like. She got so much critical acclaim by going down the singer songwriter route again that I’d be surprised if she goes full pop on this one like 1989 or god forbid Lover. Why do i feel like she still doesn’t know how to tread the line of overexposure? She’s so obsessed with critical acclaim and award wins that it seems to blind her.

Reactions: 5

We can now add;
Wondering what might have been: Bejeweled, sweet nothing, maybe maroon because of red
Falling in love: lavender haze (obviously), labyrinth (again, why not).

Looks like some clips have leaked. Can we agree to put any spoilers in the spoiler tag pleeeease 😇
I don't think they're real. It was tweeted yesterday that she would be releasing 1 min of antihero herself via tik tok. What I heard was short, entirely instrumental and didn't sound tik tok challenge appropriate?

Although... twin albums with different genres... hmmm

Last edited:
We can now add;
Wondering what might have been: Bejeweled, sweet nothing, maybe maroon because of red
Falling in love: lavender haze (obviously), labyrinth (again, why not).

I don't think they're real. It was tweeted yesterday that she would be releasing 1 min of antihero herself via tik tok. What I heard was short, entirely instrumental and didn't sound tik tok challenge appropriate?

Although... twin albums with different genres... hmmm
i have heard snow on the beach, was definitely real. Apparently a few other snippets have leaked. The Swifties on Reddit and twitter are saying it’s her worst album yet, its Lover 2.0 etc - very overdramatic 😂

Interesting that the songwriters didn’t include Aaron Dessner at all but then he’s tweeted this…double album ?!?
I think maybe he is the producer on some and maybe even helped with the bonus tracks. Imagine he’s quite busy with The national at the moment

Don't think I will listen to any previews. Going go wait.
Interested to hear the one with zoe kravitz.

Reactions: 3
I’ve listened to snow on the beach in full, it’s nice! I’ve heard a clip from Anti-Hero too, sounds straight off 1989

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Is it still snippets the 3 songs that have leaked plus the full SOTB? Or are there any more now?

Is it still snippets the 3 songs that have leaked plus the full SOTB? Or are there any more now?
Just the three still! But I imagine more to come, this happened with Lover and Red TV, as well as other artists, that they receive physical copies too soon

She's doing promo with Spotify Brazil, I wonder if this means a South American tour

Just the three still! But I imagine more to come, this happened with Lover and Red TV, as well as other artists, that they receive physical copies too soon
Thanks I won’t believe the Reddit thread just yet then!
about it being bad like Lover

Thanks I won’t believe the Reddit thread just yet then!
about it being bad like Lover
it does have a lot of Lover elements but I like Lover. That’s what I got from the one full song and 3 x 15 secs clips

it does have a lot of Lover elements but I like Lover. That’s what I got from the one full song and 3 x 15 secs clips
lover's my least favorite album😭

but masterpieces like folklore and evermore were going to be nearly impossible to top.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.