Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
It’s not even been two weeks since the last Singapore date and I’ve really missed the routine of putting the tour on in the background, whilst I’m pretending to be busy! Even missed the various international screaming banshees, and Kev and his hockey stick! This is going to sound weird, but after my third watch of it on Disney+ I realised what felt different…it was too clear, I mean I could actually see her (!) too produced….too HD!! Bring me back my experience of those loving life singing crowds and shakey phone videos and links cutting out and not being able to hear the first bars of the surprise songs (because the crowds in stands went wild!) I’m saying all this with a hint of silliness but basically I miss tour!!😭 Release us a single Blondie to tied us over, go onnnnn! Hmph!

Reactions: 11

foolishone

Re the “scarf” - from that very first week AT YOUR SISTERS HOUSE. Not the best place for losing your virginity in my opinion 😂 not unheard of obviously but surely a more private place would be better… but I think all too well is an outstanding piece of writing for someone in their early 20s. Sometimes I listen to it and I’m stunned that she wrote it when she was so young. I also agree that whilst most of atw 10 minute version was probably written at the same time some of the lyrics must have been adjusted for TV.

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I really like Beyoncé’s album, but it made me go back and listen to Lemonade which really is great and should have won her AOTY then. They’re just completely different artists and I was never that bothered by her much either as her songs often left me kind of cold but I’m giving her another go and really enjoying some of her music.

• Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Girrllllll you are delulu.

There is no bigger red fecking flag than Travis.

Bridges burn I never learn....

Ignored red flags for what 7 years? Im not victim blaming but she seriously sucks at picking romantic partners if shes trying to paint Joe as a total cunt.
Maybe she won’t 🤷🏻‍♀️. Maybe she’ll admit their relationship should have ended a lot sooner than it did and it isn’t anyone’s fault in particular, these things happen. There are a lot of insecure, unstable relationship lyrics from Lover onwards.

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Yes it seems like a theatre show to me. I love it. It’s very dramatic and theatrical, which her music lends itself well to (and her personality tbf) 😅

I dunno…. I just love it, I think it really works as a spectacular show.

For me, and this is just my opinion obviously, her lyrics are where she strips herself bare and is vulnerable and I don’t mind she doesn’t do the same on stage in that intimate /chatty way.
But then what do I know, I don’t even mind “The Man” 👀 😂

Ladybird90

I’ve ordered this dress, although I’m wondering if it’s too much? I’m not sure what era it fits best with but I like the ruffles and the sleeves 😂 I’m thinking I’d wear it with white trainers or some nice sandals.

I also have a wedding later in the year so I’ll get more than one use out of it!

(if it fits 😂😭)
IMG_8103.jpeg

• Heart

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I think it’s a bit naive to think she hasn’t had anything done to cosmetically enhance herself tbh, upper blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, a brow lift, and breast augmentation have all been discussed over the years and I think she’s had all of these done, you can tell the differences in before and after pics. But regarding these pics, she’s looking happy and healthy enjoying her hols with her fella, so balls to anyone saying anything different, I’d much rather this body image is the ones my daughters are seeing than the toxic 90s waif supermodel ones that we were told we had to aspire to by every publication going!
*googles blepharoplasty*

I think this is going to come off ruder than I mean it to, but she doesn’t look as if she’s had surgery even though she has. And that’s what I like about it (obviously she’s free to do whatever she wants with her body blah blah blah, okay now I’m just making it worse so I’m going to shut up 🙃)

• Haha

HotDawg

VIP Member
maybe so it’s just not for me. I’ll stick to the music only moving forward 🥰
I LOVE west end musical theatre so I think it’s why the dramatic cheese and cringe appeals to me. We are all different though. Life would be boring if we were all the same!

• Heart

honkytonkcat

Are those of you with standing tickets anticipating queues for days? This could definitely be a thing. Wasn't it the case in Mexico?
I’m happy to be at the back of standing to be honest and certainly will not be participating in any sort of queue (and not just cos I’m preggo).

The excess queuing culture should be stopped IMO and artists should be strongly discouraging it! It’s ridiculous.

ls240898

VIP Member
Loving all the engagement ring talk!
---

Once he’s got the ring do you think he’ll propose soon or keep you waiting?
---

Once he’s got the ring do you think he’ll propose soon or keep you waiting?
Not sure. It won’t be in public but I’m wondering if he will try and do it on holiday in private. Or we have three pets and I can imagine them being roped in to it at home 😂 I’ll be keeping the tattlers updated! Sorry forgot to use the spoiler tag there lol
---
I cant wear jewellery at all. It makes me skin crawl.

Hello spicy brain. So Im envious of you all with your rings. Not that I will ever get married. Im the most cynical, anti love person ever.
That’s your right queen 👑

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
I’m still not over The Tortured Clowns Department tbh. We’ve peaked.
Screaming at my thread title being picked and LOVED.

I did try on loads of rings today in jewellers and got sized, btw. Thanks so much for everyone’s help ❤

also just quickly catching up but totally agree that the hype seems to be not as heavy as it was during Midnights pre-release but we also had Midnight Mayhem with Me so that helped

• Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I don't think any of it is that deep TBH, it's just to get tongues wagging as promo (although is the average consumer going to care about these? I doubt it) and as a little something for us fans. I would guess there really is no single coming now (but as always I am ready to be proven wrong).

The denial playlist is just kind of funny to me. How on earth is Sweet Nothing to be interpreted as anything but a cute affection song (either romantic or family/platonic), unless I'm missing something. Lover is straight forward except for that one line. The apparent revision of her most uncomplicated songs makes me roll my eyes, in an affectionate sort of way.
I get you. My friend heard Sweet Nothing because I told her to listen to it and she interpreted it as “it’s past tense. He wanted nothing. He wanted absolutely nothing from that relationship at all.” and she knows no theories about their relationship or even who Joe is. It made me rethink the song after that.

• Wow

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Started Era Tour movie and I remember why I listen to her with my eyes closed 😂. Everything is so so calculated and looks incredibly rehearsed. Nothing natural about it. Please never be an actress Taylor 😂😂

I’ve just got to The Man so a LONG way to go, I don’t know if I’ll last.
Edit: I know everyone rehearses but she’s so wooden and obviously hitting marks it’s incredible.
I really dislike the man, it’s not the feminist anthem she thinks it is

emerald

VIP Member
I'm a huge believer in death of the author and this really isn't serious but imagine if you used Lover as a wedding song and Miss Girl uses her own Big Uncomplicated Love song in a promo playlist about missing red flags.
---
And just noticed is there no songs from rep on any or did I skim too fast?
No Self Titled either, because she's not re-recorded them yet.

• Haha