Taylor Swift #37 It must be expensive always rooting for the anti-hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine if in the first week of her break they head home instead of going a proper little island holiday for two and the second night she’s like “right I’m off to NYC baby laters” and meals with friends come before him 💀 And he’s like “but I was just starting to read Wordsworth and Keats for you!!!” Sorry I’ve had a lot of sugar in a dessert just 😬😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know I’m in a minority but when you hear him talk on his podcast, he doesn’t come across as stupid.

Anyway. I love speak now, and slut - two of my faves!!! But I would have been disappointed with a mash up.

Reactions: 23
I know I’m in a minority but when you hear him talk on his podcast, he doesn’t come across as stupid.

Anyway. I love speak now, and slut - two of my faves!!! But I would have been disappointed with a mash up.
I don’t think he’s stupid, just not an academic well read posh artsy type that everyone’s used to her being with! To me he’s just your typical sports person who knows every stat and element to the sport they’re in with this encyclopaedic knowledge of it, seems to have got his head screwed on around his finances etc, but not sure how deep his conversations with her would go! Seems to be a surface level type of bloke!

Reactions: 19
I don’t think he’s stupid, just not an academic well read posh artsy type that everyone’s used to her being with! To me he’s just your typical sports person who knows every stat and element to the sport they’re in with this encyclopaedic knowledge of it, seems to have got his head screwed on around his finances etc, but not sure how deep his conversations with her would go! Seems to be a surface level type of bloke!
This is exactly it. I can’t imagine him discussing music, literature or art with Taylor, and I can’t imagine Taylor having that much in depth knowledge of sports so it seems like an odd match because they don’t seem to have much in common. All of her exes have been more arty types

Reactions: 14
This is exactly it. I can’t imagine him discussing music, literature or art with Taylor, and I can’t imagine Taylor having that much in depth knowledge of sports so it seems like an odd match because they don’t seem to have much in common. All of her exes have been more arty types
Except Matty who comes across as really pretentious but not bright.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Putting this here because if I say it one more time to my boyfriend (London boy, turns out I really do love really like* the English 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿) he’ll hurt me - but I cannot explain the RAGE I feel when Chris Olsen pops up in my FYP

*doesn’t quite have the same ring to it does it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He thinks he’s artsy though, they probably both talked about how they were tortured poets 🫠
That is true. They probably tried to out-emo each other while he chain smoked and pretended he’s taller than her.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Not stupid, no. But at the same time he thought Yoko Ono was an ice skater. And the Cornelia Street thing was just baaad.

Look, we don't know WHY he chose to get involved with her or why it's still going on. It could be total PR. It could be him trying to up his profile (which has definitely happened). It could be he thought she was the hottest woman on earth. He may have fallen in love with her at her show (although the friendship bracelet implies planning, if true). Maybe they are faking it now, maybe it's love, maybe it's lust.

What we do know is that he didn't get involved w with her because he was in awe of her music, because he obviously doesn't know it very well at all.

Reactions: 15

Yel

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel like he's pretty well matched to Taylor. When she's being her natural self and not putting on a front.

I imagine she found being with Joe draining at times. She can be articulate and well spoken when she want's to be, but I don't think she want's to be that person all the time.

My boyfriend shares very few interests with me, I thought that was somewhat normal?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yeah, I don't get it. It's not that he's stupid per se but he strikes me as someone lacking in curiosity. Like the type of people who hear about something they aren't familiar with and instead of looking it up they just shrug and carry on. Whereas Taylor seems to be the type to hear something, ask questions, dig into it, and collect phrases, tidbits, whatever for inspiration.
---
My boyfriend shares very few interests with me, I thought that was somewhat normal?
I think different interests is one thing, different personality types with little common ground and on top of that different interests might be another.

But we know Tay, she's a mirrorball so she'll be Little Miss NFL for as long as she's with him, so he'll think they share an interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel like he's pretty well matched to Taylor. When she's being her natural self and not putting on a front.

I imagine she found being with Joe draining at times. She can be articulate and well spoken when she want's to be, but I don't think she want's to be that person all the time.

I'm interested what you mean by her natural self.

joe is just 'well, actually...' personified

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
this dress!!! soooo debut

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.