Taylor Swift #35 Now that wee don’t talk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am on week 6 of couch to eras tour which is Fearless and I forget how much I LOVE that album.

I feel it’s overlooked these days but the nostalgia I feel from it is kind of unmatched. You Belong With Me was my year 11 soundtrack haha.

Today Was a Fairytale just took me right back being 16 and listening to it on repeat after my first date (however 16 yr old me was clearly delulu cos a fairytale it was not haha) - though I just remembered this wasn’t on original fearless and was from Valentine’s Day soundtrack. Still that whole era is 💛💛💛💛

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am on week 6 of couch to eras tour which is Fearless and I forget how much I LOVE that album.

I feel it’s overlooked these days but the nostalgia I feel from it is kind of unmatched. You Belong With Me was my year 11 soundtrack haha.

Today Was a Fairytale just took me right back being 16 and listening to it on repeat after my first date (however 16 yr old me was clearly delulu cos a fairytale it was not haha) - though I just remembered this wasn’t on original fearless and was from Valentine’s Day soundtrack. Still that whole era is 💛💛💛💛
the last couple of weekends I never skipped the fearless era when watching live!!! It’s just pure joy and it’s so lush to see her with the band

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry for the incoming ramble. I’m going to ask something potentially controversial.

I’ll preface it by saying I’m sleep deprived. My baby has decided it wants to be a dancer and was practicing on my bladder for 3 hours in the middle of the night and my almost 4 year old decided sleep was for the weak.

How much songwriting involvement do we think she has in her released songs anymore? She’s barely written anything on her own for years and the ones she has are… interesting (except BTTWS, obviously ❤). Jack and Aaron have such distinct voices and sounds and I’m increasingly wondering how much is them and she adds bits to it and signs off.

I’d love her to do an entirely self-written album again just to see how the writing quality would compare.

I was watching Chats and Reactions (the Australian women) and they were saying “this is the most concerning lyric she’s ever written” etc as they do and all I was thinking was “is it hers though? She hasn’t been a solo writer for years.”

I think she’s losing her sparkle for me 😩
I think she probably still writes most the song. I think most her collaborators are for the music and helping her finish lyrics or perfect them, like Jack and the bridge in getaway car. I imagine it’s quite hard to write a song completely on her own these days and I think that’s more of a choice for her to put out (in her opinion) the best music possible. Like for example for folklore and evermore most of those tracks were composed by Aaron and she wrote the lyrics. I think she is known to be quite generous for giving song writing credits too so if someone finished a beat for her she would give them credits. I think I remember hearing someone say that about her before.

Reactions: 13
I do wish she’d stop enabling the screechers with the instagram posts. Fans are going to see that “singing AND screaming” and see that has a free pass to be banshees.

Reactions: 14
I just can’t see if this tour is making so much money and she’s enjoying doing it that’ll finish in Dec 2024!?
If you believe Twitter "insiders", she's allegedly in negotiations to return to South America next year, and further Canadian dates in Montreal/Edmonton. ATRL also say she has a whole US leg planned for next year too.

Reactions: 4
Re: writing her own songs. It’s similar across all the recent albums (excluding Speak Now here obviously)
Debut: 3 self written
Fearless: 10 self written
Red: 12 self written
1989: 1 self written
Rep: 0 self written
Lover: 3 self written
Folklore: 1 self written
Evermore: 1 self written
Midnights: 1 self written

She seems very generous with her writing credits honestly so I also believe she’s still writing the majority herself

Reactions: 9
If you believe Twitter "insiders", she's allegedly in negotiations to return to South America next year, and further Canadian dates in Montreal/Edmonton. ATRL also say she has a whole US leg planned for next year too.
I've heard some rumors that she plans to return to Mexico. Probably Mexico City again and another city, likely Monterrey.

It's not super believable yet but after how well she was received and selling out four shows (and she apparently could have sold out at least three more based on the fans who never got off the waiting lists) it would make sense.

But also, as superhuman as she is, two years of touring this hard with a show this big would take a toll on even her, no?

Reactions: 5
If those rumours are true I’m happy for the Canadian and Mexican fans. However, I’m sure a lot of them have shelled out to go elsewhere by now…

Reactions: 2
If those rumours are true I’m happy for the Canadian and Mexican fans. However, I’m sure a lot of them have shelled out to go elsewhere by now…
I also wonder if she'll want to tour TTPD on its own, if she doesn't make it a big part of Eras. Then when would she do it? And her movie thing.

I think the having your life planned out two years in advance thing is what would mess me up the most about her lifestyle.

Reactions: 5
I know babies aren't for everyone, but if she does eventually want some I can see her taking a break in 2025. It wouldn't be like Taylor to do what people expect though, would it?

I know babies aren't for everyone, but if she does eventually want some I can see her taking a break in 2025. It wouldn't be like Taylor to do what people expect though, would it?
If she can hold off so it continues to validate my life choices that at 30 I still have loads of time I’d really appreciate it 🫠

(ignoring that she probs has a ton of eggs frozen somewhere and top fertility treatments and I do not haha)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Well I’m assuming she’s scheduling more shows so if she does eventually want kids, she can bide her time a bit and find a guy who isn’t Travis
---
If she can hold off so it continues to validate my life choices that at 30 I still have loads of time I’d really appreciate it 🫠

(ignoring that she probs has a ton of eggs frozen somewhere and top fertility treatments and I do not haha)
Haha same, I want kids but at the small age of 31 I’m still very much a child myself

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Im 30 and haven’t even decided if I want them yet 🤣. My BF isn’t fussed either way 🤣

Reactions: 8
Im 30 and haven’t even decided if I want them yet 🤣. My BF isn’t fussed either way 🤣
Not gonna lie, when I googled the cost of nursery’s in my area it put me off a bit. Like sure, I just have a casual £1,500 a month that I’m looking to throw away

Reactions: 11
Not gonna lie, when I googled the cost of nursery’s in my area it put me off a bit. Like sure, I just have a casual £1,500 a month that I’m looking to throw away
They are virus ridden wee things too. They cough solidly for 10 months of the year (and nursery won't take them if they are sick).

Reactions: 3
They are virus ridden wee things too. They cough solidly for 10 months of the year (and nursery won't take them if they are sick).
So true, I have a friend who’s a primary teacher and she’s sick with something 95% of the time

Reactions: 1
Hi Jack. You sound like a twit, thanks 😂😂

I know nothing about him except through Taylor and he dated Leena. Is he always a twit or am I knackered and irritable.

Taylor is a good musician she’s not God. Christ alive.
He’s always a twit to be honest, can’t stand him

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.