Taylor Swift #25 years old, how were you to know?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah out of interest can you take an empty water bottle and are there refill stations?

Like at universal I remember we had to empty our water bottles but we’re allowed to refill them in the park, same at the airport.
This I don't know, but it absolutely should be the way! If it's a genuine security risk, fair enough, but water should be easily accessible and free in any situation where you're not permitted to bring your own in.

Sorry, I've had a very 'eat the rich' week so I'm perhaps being a bit harsh, but it just makes me so sad and so angry to think that all this poor girl wanted to do was go see an amazing show, and instead she's dead. Human life should be worth more than profit margins.

Reactions: 23
Yeah I think newer buildings are set up for the reusable water bottle culture we have now but potentially not something they have bought in at older venues.

I do also think (and sorry this is a bit vile) there is a worry about bottles of piss getting thrown.

Cups of water should 100% be being given out though if there’s no reusable bottles or refill stations allowed.

I also think this peaks to a need for a separate golden circle at the front. It stops the queueing and stops people from being worried to leave their spot as the whole golden circle is the front and if you have a ticket you’re in.

Reactions: 11
I think they need to separate the pit areas with barricades for sure.
When I went to 1989 I was in the front section but there were barricades to avoid crowd crush.
Then we had wrist bands to get back into the correct section, so we could get drinks or food or whatever and come back easily

Reactions: 13
I actually think it was important for her to say 'before my show'
We all know what the rumour mill can do online. They'd be saying she was performing whilst it was happening and things like that.

Reactions: 15
Even last week the crowds were shouting for water (apparently the stadium didn’t have enough bottles) and there were people passing out and being pulled to the front. I’m surprised her team weren’t aware of this and gave extra directions to the stadium and staff to make sure there’s enough water to be passed around
---

This is also what I mean when I say that the GA looks absolutely packed. It’s a few wrong steps away from turning into a disaster
Omg that looks horrendous!!!! No way would i want to be in there, no matter how ‘close’ you might be to Taylor.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if they’re going to put a seating system into play for all of the other standing shows?

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure how true it is as it’s just what I saw on Twitter but supposedly the stadium does have a ventilation system but they closed it so people couldn’t see outside of the stadium (again not sure how true that is)

Reactions: 2
That poor girl, I don’t know how Taylor could even continue with her show after hearing news and seeing some of the fans looking so uncomfortable like that, she must have just gone into robot mode as I couldn’t do that! Eta- ohhh I’ve just realised when read some more she didn’t know until after the show about Ana? That makes more sense, but still god what an awful tragedy😞

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m not sure how true it is as it’s just what I saw on Twitter but supposedly the stadium does have a ventilation system but they closed it so people couldn’t see outside of the stadium (again not sure how true that is)
I’ve also seen that. Apparently the ticketing agent (I think it’s called T4 or something) are known for being awful and they did massively oversell?! Interesting thread on the Taylor subreddit

Reactions: 3
she could also play extra date on Monday to spread people around a little?
Apparently there’s something scheduled for after she leaves so it might not be possible

People also think that means she’s unlikely to postpone. I really hope that they push the stadium for safety and water and that there’s a noticeable difference

• Sad
I think water isn’t allowed in for the same reason as other drinks, partly because they’d have to check they were actually water if they weren’t sealed but if they are sealed then they can be used to throw at the artists and cause injury.

But also capitalism and they just use those things to excuse it

Reactions: 7
Most stadiums in LatAm do not allow you to bring in water and hike up the prices ridiculously. It's awful and it's so devastating that their greed has now had devastating and irreparable consequences.

Taylor must be so devastated. She'll probably get even more involved now with everything related to touring and sadly she might not want to be back to some places.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Was there a roof on the stadium? I keep seeing people saying the ventilation systems were closed. I guess it would stop the sun from getting in but once the sun went down it would have surely felt cooler to have it open?
---
I’ll be really surprised if it goes ahead tonight but surprised something hasn’t already been announced

Reactions: 6
it would have surely felt cooler to have it open?
The reason I'm seeing people throw out is that they didn't want the show being heard or seen outside of the stadium

It just seems very silly because they can surely move people to safer areas if it's a safety concern

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.