Taylor Swift #25 years old, how were you to know?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

She’s trying to help someone mid song bless her it really shouldn’t be her job and yet
Situations like this are sooo tricky, especially after recent tragedies like AstroWorld. I am wondering if she will cancel as well, it would be so unlike her but if it’s unsafe what else could she do

Reactions: 12
Maybe she’ll get like I don’t know. Drone sprinklers flying above the crowd.

Reactions: 3
Even last week the crowds were shouting for water (apparently the stadium didn’t have enough bottles) and there were people passing out and being pulled to the front. I’m surprised her team weren’t aware of this and gave extra directions to the stadium and staff to make sure there’s enough water to be passed around
---

This is also what I mean when I say that the GA looks absolutely packed. It’s a few wrong steps away from turning into a disaster

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Omg. That poor girl and her family.

Large crowds are so dangerous. There was a tragedy near me a few years back, not dehydration but crowd issues. Such a waste of young life.

Reactions: 7
I can see her cancelling. If something happens tonight or tomorrow at a show it would make things even worse. You’d have people saying “you knew things were bad/not organised and you still went ahead etc”. I can see her team not wanting to take a chance.

I did think the wording was a bit…off. But agree it would have gone through legal and is more about saying “I didnt know what had happened when I went on stage”. To stop any potential criticism of her on stage and going ahead with the concert probably. People can get offended no matter what, so I guess they were trying to cover everything and not cause more issues. It’s so sad what happened to that poor girl. An absolute nightmare.

Reactions: 14
I would say some countries just don’t have a culture of sitting down gigs of this sort, so wouldn’t blame it on TS wanting to fit as many people as possible. Imagine seats at Beyoncé on the floor? It’s not a thing
Whether there’s culture or not the tour organisers should put safety first and realise standing at 3+ hour shows in hot countries isn’t going to end well. Stadiums are rarely concerned about fans well-being and are often reluctant to hand out water. Like someone else said Taylor had seating at the Reputation tour but has chosen standing this time because more fans are able to attend that way.
(I’m not blaming Taylor for this poor girls death before anyone comes for me, just stating that this aspect of the tour was poorly organised)

Reactions: 10
I don’t think seats are even that controversial. It’s not like you can’t stand up during the show

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What an absolute tragedy, thinking of Ana’s family and friends, it’s just devastating.

I definitely think she should and will cancel, the stadium clearly can’t be trusted with the safety of the fans and it’s supposed to be even hotter tonight.

Reactions: 11
Whether there’s culture or not the tour organisers should put safety first and realise standing at 3+ hour shows in hot countries isn’t going to end well. Stadiums are rarely concerned about fans well-being and are often reluctant to hand out water. Like someone else said Taylor had seating at the Reputation tour but has chosen standing this time because more fans are able to attend that way.
(I’m not blaming Taylor for this poor girls death before anyone comes for me, just stating that this aspect of the tour was poorly organised)
yeah, I absolutely agree it’s all shambles. I would much rather have a floor seat like they do in the US. But the only concert I went on that had it lately was Simply Red in an arena 👵

If I’m not mistaken don’t some of these shows have a mix of GA and seats on the floor? Can’t remember which venue that was. Hopefully when she next goes to Brazil she will do it the seated way, that will have a positive effect on queue times so people arent waiting outside for days/weeks/months, and the crowd won’t be packed in as tightly?

anyone with any actual knowledge know if SHE decides to do seated floor outside the US, or if it’s up to the venue when she’s signing the contract?

Reactions: 4
Even last week the crowds were shouting for water (apparently the stadium didn’t have enough bottles) and there were people passing out and being pulled to the front. I’m surprised her team weren’t aware of this and gave extra directions to the stadium and staff to make sure there’s enough water to be passed around
---

This is also what I mean when I say that the GA looks absolutely packed. It’s a few wrong steps away from turning into a disaster
I went to one of the concerts last week in the standing area and there were plenty of vendors selling water. The problem is, the people who want to stay close to the stage will get very close to each other, so I imagine it's very difficult for these vendors to get to them.

Also, the standing area is never fully packed. The problem is the people who will be basically on top of each other to get very close to the stage. Last week we had plenty of space there. Also, some of my friends were there last night and had plenty of space as they were not trying to get too close. But with the heat gets much worse.

Off topic, but my parents told me that for a week they've had the air conditioner turned on all the time because it's now impossible to live without it.

Absolutely heartbreaking! 💔 It's absolutely criminal to not allow water into a venue, I hope whoever authorised that is having a good hard look at themselves this morning 😡. Bloody capitalism.

Reactions: 4
Whilst I get why people may not like her statement, Taylor probably is feeling very guilty and devastated by this. At the end of the day someone died going to see her show and whilst it’s not Taylor’s fault directly, it’s her she was there to see.

I also feel it’s good she made it clear she’s not going to speak on it at the show before people get mad at her for not mentioning it

Reactions: 15
What absolutely heartbreaking news :cry:. Feel for her family, friends, and everyone involved. It was bound to happen with the way some stadiums go on, money over safety. I really so think in the best interest of safety she should cancel the show until the stadium and security can prove they can cope with this kind of issue. Like someone said previous, if she goes out there tonight and something like this god forbid happens again it is not going to be pretty at all.

Reactions: 6
Is it not like liquids on a plane thing? Bomb risk?
I'm sure that's the rationale they use, and maybe that's part of it, but to be honest I'm quite convinced (though happy to be proven wrong!) that its so that they can earn more profits selling the exact same thing to people for an extortionate amount of money.

Reactions: 10
I'm sure that's the rationale they use, and maybe that's part of it, but to be honest I'm quite convinced (though happy to be proven wrong!) that its so that they can earn more profits selling the exact same thing to people for an extortionate amount of money.
Yeah out of interest can you take an empty water bottle and are there refill stations?

Like at universal I remember we had to empty our water bottles but we’re allowed to refill them in the park, same at the airport.

Reactions: 1
Water should be available for free and regardless of people at the front they should be passing it back in copious quantities. Its not difficult. The tickets cost enough. Jesus duck.

Reactions: 16
Water should be available for free and regardless of people at the front they should be passing it back in copious quantities. Its not difficult. The tickets cost enough. Jesus duck.
Was just about to say this. Even if the don’t want bottles they can pass back paper/plastic cups. I’m sure they’ve got enough money to hire extra folk dedicated to filling water cups.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.