Taylor Swift #22 I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling (thread) 22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't remember which forum it was on, but a while ago I read a post saying that it must be so hard for her finding someone 'on her level' to date. This guy suddenly appears and seems to tick all the boxes 😅

I've also seen theories that she's being a good pal for Sophie and taking the heat off her.
He ticks so many boxes it's actually unreal. Plus the weird coincidences and Easter eggs from old songs that point to him (Arrowhead) is bizarre. Sometimes things are meant to be.

The morning of the day I met my hubby (in a random bar in a city neither of us lived in) my brother was actually talking about HIS brother (who I didn't know) who he'd been at school with and hadn't seen or heard of in about 10 years. Fate can be freaky.

Reactions: 5
I am hoping she doesn’t go to today’s game so that she can pull one over the media since they keep saying she’s going to be there but I feel like she’s going 😭 Hopefully they’ll be more lowkey with each other after this cause I don’t want people to turn on her. So many people are eager to see her downfall again.

Reactions: 6
a bit off topic but i've got the five second fade on spotify and the transition from teardrops pop version to fearless just gave me goosebumps lol

Reactions: 2
I’ve seen quite a few tweeters (of xers?) saying that they’re sick of the dating updates and want to get back to the 1989 tv/tour hype.

What’s everyone’s opinions?

Personally I don’t mind the dating updates and don’t think it’s putting a damper the hype for 1989 tv.
I'm one of them. I'm sick of the dating updates. Who she boinks is honestly the least interesting thing about her and I much preferred the Joe style of not making the relationship a media attraction.

I'd also prefer to talk about 1989 (less than 4 weeks now!) But even Taylor appears to be uninterested since after the heavy push, she's not really done much and appears to instead be pandering to the tabloids.

Also, to all those saying they were probably dating for longer... how? She was touring. We know from that jet stalking account her jet wasn't in KC after having played there. He was training for the football season which I understand is a pretty full on thing (from my limited knowledge) and then the season started. During which of these break-fee weeks are they supposed to have been seeing each other? Maybe they were talking, sure. Maybe they met up once if he went to NYC or to some other city she toured. But it doesn't seem like there'd have been a lot of time to see each other, no? So then yeah, even in America, all this exposure and having dinner with the other players' wives is excessive.

It's times like this when I do believe Taylor that she was extremely unpopular in school. It's like she still has that pre-teenager mentality and when she has something she didn't have back then, like the squad or a boyfriend or cool people, she has to parade them around to show that she has them.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think she was unpopular in high school too. She does have that kind of cringey, earnest, perhaps overkeen personality that is the opposite of cool (which is obviously life ending in school)

Reactions: 14
I think she was unpopular in high school too. She does have that kind of cringey, earnest, perhaps overkeen personality that is the opposite of cool (which is obviously life ending in school)
Plus she seems terrified of people not liking her and is a massive people pleaser 🫠

Reactions: 10
Yeah, but I mean, in HS she was attending sporadically because she was already signed on to a label and stuff. There's also that photo of her at a dance in HS with a date and all. Truly unpopular girls at my school in the US did not go to dances at all much less with a date.

But the way she speaks about her pre teen years, when she'd skip school because of the bullying to stay with her mom sounds like a pretty formative thing for a young psyche. I can relate. Except I took the opposite route and instead of being a people pleaser, became the "don't give a f*** if you like me, get out of my way " girl 🙃

Reactions: 7
He ticks so many boxes it's actually unreal. Plus the weird coincidences and Easter eggs from old songs that point to him (Arrowhead) is bizarre. Sometimes things are meant to be.

The morning of the day I met my hubby (in a random bar in a city neither of us lived in) my brother was actually talking about HIS brother (who I didn't know) who he'd been at school with and hadn't seen or heard of in about 10 years. Fate can be freaky.
His birthday is October 5, which was also her grandmother’s (Marjorie’s) birthday. Total, total coincidence but it is a pretty weird one.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Probably going to sound like a witch saying this but there's something unsettling about her being seen publicly with Sophie so often lately. Sophie needs support and absolutely deserves to have a good time, go out with the girls etc. But I hope that there isn't a part of Taylor that recognises the publicity it brings her as a girls girl and is using it the situation to her advantage. I hope it's just a happy coincidence, if that makes sense. There's something very dejavu about all of this upon reflection over the past few days and I miss the Lover/Folklore/Evermore eras. I do think T+T are a good match romantically though.

Reactions: 10
I think T and T are dating many months. . Matty was a not real and used as decoy. They work with same people, so easy to sort, decoy for taylor, publicity for matty.
also taylor and Joe announced their separation in April?
but I assume they broke up long before a public announcement.
.anyway, i like T and T together. Seems like she's allowing herself to have fun and laugh. . . Hope it will last and the manage the media smartly

Probably going to sound like a witch saying this but there's something unsettling about her being seen publicly with Sophie so often lately. Sophie needs support and absolutely deserves to have a good time, go out with the girls etc. But I hope that there isn't a part of Taylor that recognises the publicity it brings her as a girls girl and is using it the situation to her advantage. I hope it's just a happy coincidence, if that makes sense. There's something very dejavu about all of this upon reflection over the past few days and I miss the Lover/Folklore/Evermore eras. I do think T+T are a good match romantically though.
I'd started writing something earlier about this. I find it all a bit strange too. I'm sure they were friendly in the past but I don't think there has been anything to suggest they were good friends. I just don't see why she has inserted herself into their divorce. Sophie has money and plenty of friends and family to support her - it all just feels a bit too much of an act.

I do get the impression Taylor likes to love bomb. She seems to have a need to be best friends with everyone who crosses her path.

Reactions: 15
I think T and T are dating many months. . Matty was a not real and used as decoy. They work with same people, so easy to sort, decoy for taylor, publicity for matty.
also taylor and Joe announced their separation in April?
but I assume they broke up long before a public announcement.
.anyway, i like T and T together. Seems like she's allowing herself to have fun and laugh. . . Hope it will last and the manage the media smartly
But why would she risk tarnishing her imagine being associated with him given how problematic he is just for a decoy? It's all very odd 😂

Reactions: 11
I think her and Matty were a brief rebound thing. An immature middle finger to Joe without any thought as to how it would actually pan out.

Travis seems like a better match, not controversial like Matty but not gonna keep her in the basement like Joe.

No point comparing any relationships before the bc let’s be honest, no one likes to be judged in the boyfriends they had in their early 20s 🫠

While her and Sophie may not be besties, I do think Taylor’s heart is in the right place and that actually being seen with Taylor helps Sophie more than it helps Taylor. People were already on her side but she also now has the guaranteed support of the swifties which in the PR world is quite a big deal.

Reactions: 14
Some random thoughts from a few ongoing conversations…

I definitely think her and Matty were hooking up. Sometimes people try to look for a deeper meaning when the truth is right there; she was looking for a rebound, Matty was willing and available. You don’t pick someone like Matty to distract. It was a PR disaster at the time and not something she’ll live down for quite a while.

I think her and Travis have been happening for 2-3 months and this is the hard launch. It does make me cringe with how public it’s all been, but there is something oddly endearing about him. Interested to see where it goes. I can easily see them breaking up next month or also going the distance and getting engaged next year…you never know with Taylor!

While I’d like to think that she is trying to support Sophie, she didn’t know her that well before all this. Nice of her to help out but she is running the risk of inserting herself a bit too much into the situation.

Love her music, but Taylor as a person is very immature and stuck in a high school mentality. She has a need to play games with the media and always come out on top. I’ve felt for a few months now that she’s flying a little bit too close to the sun again and is overexposed. It’s not entirely fair as women are judged so much more than men in the industry, but I think she needs to be very careful or she really will be hated again before reputation TV comes out.

(Side note to chats a few weeks ago, I saw A Haunting In Venice today and Emma Laird was hardly in it. Just a handful of lines and not memorable. I think she was just looking to up her profile by attaching her name to Joe)

Reactions: 15
I think she’s probably been friendly with Sophie for longer than we realise — particularly if we take the “cold was the steel of my axe to grind for the boys who broke my heart, now I send their babies presents” line at face value. I know they’ve never been pictured like this together and there hasn’t been anything publicly but Taylor has been relatively private for the past 6 years. It could well be totally PR motivated and in the year of Barbie, what better way to show the world you’re a girls girl and have someone’s back but I think it’s probably a bit of both.

Reactions: 11
Brash, tacky and new money rich so likes to show off and scream about labels etc, thinks she's Queen Bee of the Chiefs, i thought kids might humble her but i'm not sure that is going to happen!
There's only so far new money goes 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
imo taylor and sophie have been friendly for a few years, i can see this helping her 'heal' with the invisible string and picture to burn tv growth. but now with the divorce sophie is probably looking for people she can trust but also who can validate her feelings. the getting out and about is a welcome distraction but doing it with someone who's been through similar tit with the same crappy guy probably helps too. there'll be some common ground with the 27 second phone call and finding out you're being divorced via. the media

I see some of you on the Celeb Gossip Thread speaking some FACTS about Taylor whilst other users insist she was never cancelled, lied about her phone call to Kanye and only went away for so long so she could come back to rep which had “critical and public acclaim” 😂 oh my just one quick Google could show they don’t know what they’re even talking about

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.