Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girl at Home sounds totally different! Quite surprised as Fearless was all very close to the originals. I do still like the new version but not sure if it’s a full replacement
Hate the original Girl at Home with a passion, the message is terrible and it just makes me angry 😂 The new one is slightly better although it sounds like she's singing into a can? Just me?

Reactions: 3
I really love the bonus songs especially I bet you think about me (although lol at Taylor pretending to be working class in this), Forever Winter and Nothing New (Phoebe sounds so good in this). Can’t believe Girl at Home made the album before these songs did.

Reactions: 2
Oh wow I've just listened to the 10 min ATW and it actually made me cry!!

There's so much raw emotion in the lyrics, I loved that she spoke directly to him in the last verse too 😭😭

Reactions: 8
I really love the bonus songs especially I bet you think about me (although lol at Taylor pretending to be working class in this), Forever Winter and Nothing New (Phoebe sounds so good in this). Can’t believe Girl at Home made the album before these songs did.
I can't believe The Very First Night got shelved in order to make space for Girl at Home or Everything has Changed.

Reactions: 6
Just finished my first listen of the whole album and I'm buzzing! I had high hopes for the vault tracks but they're all somehow much better than I even imagined!

The Lucky One hits differently knowing that this version was recorded after the 2016 drama, so Taylor is actually reflecting back on when the press turned on her instead of just imagining it 💔

Girl At Home TV shocked me 😂 not sure how I feel about the changes yet.

I love LOVE LOVE the 10 minute All Too Well. The story/emotions in the original are quite linear and logical but in the 10 minute version the feelings are kinda all over the place, which perfectly captures what an absolute mess heartbreak is. I dunno if that makes sense but it does in my head 😂

I love that Babe and Better Men are both different enough from the originals that I can appreciate both.

Ronan is even more heartbreaking. I'm not ready for a video!

I'm off to listen again and I'm still as excited as a kid on Christmas morning 🤩

Hate the original Girl at Home with a passion, the message is terrible and it just makes me angry 😂 The new one is slightly better although it sounds like she's singing into a can? Just me?
Yeah I thought it sounded weirdly echoey. It kinda sounded to me like when you record a live singer from the crowd.

• Heart
Ooohh the 10 min ATW doesn’t replace the original for me but it’s fun to have more details.

The line about her dad got me in the feels 💔 imagine watching your 20 year old daughter feel like that knowing that she’s basically a baby who’s hardly experienced anything yet 😭 BRB, off to call my dad.

• Heart
Thoughts on a few songs

- Girl at home - somehow worse than the original. What is going on here 😂
- Trouble - doesn’t go as hard
- 22 - actually prefer this to the original (never liked it much). Makes more sense to me to hear her sing it now she’s not 22
- EHC - prefer to the original
- Begin again - lost its wistfulness
- Message in a bottle - my fave vault track. Damn Scott for only allowing 3 pop songs on red!
- Better man - like the little big town version better
- Babe - warming on me, like the promises promises part. But I do miss the ad libs and still sing “I’m here I’m breaking doooooown”
- ATW 10 min - I like it, not crazy about the production. Appreciate she did it for the fans even though I don’t believe it’s the original lyrics. Also wonder what happened to the lyrics that were in her diaries, they didn’t make it in

Reactions: 1
I think lyrically the new ATW is incredible. Yes, the melody changes are a bit mish mashed but I can totally understand that might be part of the song writing process.

On Jimmy Kimmel last night she said there was an original jamming session on the Speak Now tour and this is where it was born. I kinda believe that. Probably yes, some of the lyrics were tweaked recently but that's fine.

I love the Phoebe Bridgers song and totally get why she chose to collaborate with her.

Original Red was an evidently broken hearted girl.

Taylor's Version is a woman with life experience looking back over it all, almost with a wry smile.

I love it.

Reactions: 15
Original Red was an evidently broken hearted girl.

Taylor's Version is a woman with life experience looking back over it all, almost with a wry smile.

I love it.
Id agree 100% with this. Its made me smile today. Heartbreak is gut wrenching. You are at the bottom of a hole and you feel like you will never feel happiness again. Original RED felt like that.

Reactions: 5
HOME FROM WORK AND LISTENING FINALLY:love::love::love::love::love: All of our profile pics should have red scarves to mark this monumental day🧣🧣🧣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ronan lyric music video has broken me, not sure I will ever be able to watch it again.

I like the 10 min version of All Too Well but it doesn't hit the same as the original for me. I think both have places but the 10 min isn't a replacement.

My vinyl arrived today so I've just played that for the first time.

Ronan lyric music video has broken me, not sure I will ever be able to watch it again.

I like the 10 min version of All Too Well but it doesn't hit the same as the original for me. I think both have places but the 10 min isn't a replacement.

My vinyl arrived today so I've just played that for the first time.
Ive only listened to Ronan twice in my life. The second time was to listen to Taylor’s version. Doubt I’ll ever listen to it again, it’s just not a topic I want to hear a song about. I know a lot of people feel like that with SYGB

• Heart
I totally feel like I've fallen for shrewd corporate Taylor's plan, I don't even like stuff cluttering the house and the speakers in my car are rubbish. But it might be handy to have on standby for when there's no radio or internet signal 😆

At least I didn't fall for buying signed "me!" or the £35 100% acrylic scarf 😶
View attachment 859634
my husband has bought me this scarf. I always mention it when someone speaks about Jake, and it’s like a joke between us. I’m excited!

i went to Starbucks today to get her drink and listened to ATW. Well worth it.

• Heart
'Cause I knew you
Steppin' on the last train
Marked me like a bloodstain
I knew you
Tried to change the ending
Peter losing Wendy
I knew you
Leavin' like a father
Running like water
And when you are young, they assume you know nothing

I'll never get over those lyrics

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ive finally given myself a profile picture years later 😂
I feel that my profile pic correctly sums up the level of savage Taylor has with Red TV.

Poor jakey wakey with his organic shoes.

'Cause I knew you
Steppin' on the last train
Marked me like a bloodstain
I knew you
Tried to change the ending
Peter losing Wendy
I knew you
Leavin' like a father
Running like water
And when you are young, they assume you know nothing

I'll never get over those lyrics
Sometimes her lyrics are just stunning. Cardigan is just so beautiful.

• Haha
Cardigan is lyrically stunning.

You drew stars around my scars
Now Im bleeding.

And

I knew youd linger like a tattooed kiss
I knew you'd haunt all of my what ifs

Chasing shadows in the grocery line.

You can feel it all so deeply. 😭

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.