Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
omg sorry! it was on another song, I got confused amidst my ATW anticipation
original point still stands though, I wish the vault tracks were all just her singing.
Ah yeh then it is true but the collabs were announced a while ago with the tracklist :)

Reactions: 2
Ah yeh then it is true but the collabs were announced a while ago with the tracklist :)
i dont understand why though. unless the original tracks were collabs. she doesn't really need the hype of a collab to sell albums. the 'life work, taylor vs scooter' narrative did that. and the vault tracks added excitement.

i dont understand why though. unless the original tracks were collabs. she doesn't really need the hype of a collab to sell albums. the 'life work, taylor vs scooter' narrative did that. and the vault tracks added excitement.
I guess it brings in new audiences and even someone as big as Taylor wants that.

Collabs are a way to build audience… She evidently feels as though she does need them in the streaming age… unfortunately we all had to hear Shawn Mendes on Lover.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is anyone gonna ask for ‘The Taylor’ in Starbucks tomorrow? Apparently they’ll be playing her music all day too so I really want to go, but I’m scared they’ll not have a clue what I’m talking about 😂

• Haha
Is anyone gonna ask for ‘The Taylor’ in Starbucks tomorrow? Apparently they’ll be playing her music all day too so I really want to go, but I’m scared they’ll not have a clue what I’m talking about 😂
If you go in wearing a red scarf and sing the whole chorus of "we are never ever getting back together" you'll get the Taylor latte for free 😂

I read this on twitter so it must be true!

• Haha
Is this true?? I’ve seen it all over tiktok and Starbucks have changed their bios to her lyrics but can’t be sure

Yeah there's been so much of it leaked the Starbucks thing must be true. It's for a week and the name labels will say tay's.. apparently

Some people have gotten their Red TV CDs earlier and it's not just one person saying it, apparently ATW vault has a lyric that says 'duck the patriarchy'?I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I've seen it on several social media platforms now.

Reactions: 1
Some people have gotten their Red TV CDs earlier and it's not just one person saying it, apparently ATW vault has a lyric that says 'duck the patriarchy'?I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I've seen it on several social media platforms now.
I have the cd and yup it’s true unfortunately (it’s v out of place and everyone thought the f word would be “until you fucked it all up”). Now we all know she wrote some of this song recently 😅

Snippet of Taylor saying 'patri'.

I cant believe she went and ruined ATW like that :(
She probably wrote the 'extra' lyrics recently. But then again, she IS a better songwriter than that. Maybe she felt the need to call out the age difference? Except that 21/22 yo Taylor would.. not have noticed that. She wrote it from the POV of a 31 yo.

Snippet of Taylor saying 'patri'.

I cant believe she went and ruined ATW like that :(
She probably wrote the 'extra' lyrics recently. But then again, she IS a better songwriter than that. Maybe she felt the need to call out the age difference? Except that 21/22 yo Taylor would.. not have noticed that. She wrote it from the POV of a 31 yo.
Ill put the full line in a spoiler so people don’t have to see it, but the context of the line is

you were tossing me the car keys, duck the patriarchy keychain on the ground - shes literally describing a keychain with that phrase on it, which wouldn’t have existed in 2012. She does mention the age difference in the song when she’s talking about something jake said to her. I think at that age she would have mentioned that because she did it in dear John

Ill put the full line in a spoiler so people don’t have to see it, but the context of the line is

you were tossing me the car keys, duck the patriarchy keychain on the ground - shes literally describing a keychain with that phrase on it, which wouldn’t have existed in 2012. She does mention the age difference in the song when she’s talking about something jake said to her. I think at that age she would have mentioned that because she did it in dear John
according to Google trends, the spike for that phrase started in 2013. followed by a second spike in 2016, and the biggest one in 2020.
she probably reworked the song in a hurry, she must have rerecordings and TS10 going on at the same time.

Idk why but it’s making me lol that even her obsessive fans are clocking that she just wrote up a “10 minute” All Too Well in 2021 and pretended it was the legendary lost version.

Reactions: 5
I don't really care if she's rewritten lyrics to vault tracks, including 10 min atw. I mean, I'm betting the original mr perfectly fine written in 2008 didn't include the line 'sashay away'

anyway, I'm so excited that I'm getting up early even though I'm on annual leave! 😆

Idk why but it’s making me lol that even her obsessive fans are clocking that she just wrote up a “10 minute” All Too Well in 2021 and pretended it was the legendary lost version.
it probably wasn't even a 10 minute version as much a final draft version that was then shortened to 5-ish mins.
she shot herself in the foot by telling her fans there was a ten minute demo lol

The swifites are so extra on the idea of a 10 minute song, when in reality it's pretty common to make long songs then cut them down. For some people that's how they always create music.

Bit of a shame to retrospectively add lyrics, the whole thing with red is it's got that energy and vibe of your early 20s. At least its at the end of the album and I'm unlikely to play it again.

according to Google trends, the spike for that phrase started in 2013. followed by a second spike in 2016, and the biggest one in 2020.
she probably reworked the song in a hurry, she must have rerecordings and TS10 going on at the same time.
the data for that on google trends is so low with it's sharp lines that it doesn't mean much imo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.