Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Nah, Matty was a look-at-me rebound. Designed purely to give Joe the middle finger.

I think Joe checked out long ago and was giving her nothing back, so they agreed on some time out (we were on a break style). He either cheated or had Emma lined up as soon as she went on tour.
I’m not so convinced, Taylor was hanging out with Matty in January

Reactions: 8

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Hmm maybe , but would that then make you see red and get all your mates to unfollow him , and announce the break up to the whole world ? I don’t think so . It would be hurtful but the woman scorned actions don’t add up to that imo

also you’re losing me is just one song , about a moment in time in their relationship (we assume) . It’s not the entire story imo . This could have been from the “things are hard, let’s take a break” stage …

I don’t think we can say “well she didn’t say that in you’re losing me so it can’t be true” …it’s a bit reductionist . That’s one song , it’s never going to give the whole picture .
I’m not ruling out the possibility, but Taylor has used the woman scorned thing as a mechanism before in break ups.
There’s zero evidence that Joe cheated, but plausible evidence that there was some overlap between Joe and Matty, considering how fast everything moved there. Given the spotlight on Taylor’s life, I’d imagine she’d wait more than a few weeks before going public with a relationship. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started seeing each other much earlier in the year.
Everything we’ve seen is only one side of this, and it’s easy to blame Joe but Taylor has a history of cheating

Last edited:

kyotoprincess

Am I the only one who can’t stand Maisie Peters 😭😭😭 I feel so mean because I can’t really pinpoint why I don’t like her but I’d be so sad if US got the likes of Phoebe and Paramore and we get her

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
This is the one quite big thing that puts me off going to the Eras tour at all to be fair. Happy to see people enjoying themselves but some tiktoks have scared me a bit, I don’t want to be sat next to someone screeching at the top of their lungs all night if I just put myself in debt to see Miss Swift and I can’t even hear her over it! Hoping it’s just a Americans not being self aware thing and it would be a bit more respectful over here😅
I think it'll be a bit more subdued in the UK - there will definitely still be some stans who are as excited (loud) as you can possibly get, but I really think and HOPE it'll be less crazy. I also think the extreme dedication to having the best Eras outfit will be less prominent and the filming every second on phones too! I HOPE!

ls240898

VIP Member
Off topic but if anyone’s interested in how much she’s performed from each album (includes normal set songs + surprises)

Debut: 50%
Fearless TV: 58%
Speak Now: 47%
Red TV: 59%
1989: 88%
Lover: 50%
Folklore: 71%
Evermore: 46%
Midnights (normal version + 3am + Hits Different + You’re Losing Me): 68%

JLXRD

VIP Member
1.Innocent
2.Mean
3.Starlight
4.We are never...
5.How you get the girl
6.ME!
7.Gorgeous
8.The man
9.I think he knows
10.It's nice to have a friend
11.Betty
12.Hoax
13.Closure
BOMBASTIC SIDE EYE, CRIMINAL OFFENSIVE SIDE EYE 😅

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
I just think she was devastated about Joe, Matty was there, she got carried away with this whirlwind thing and the ‘see Joe, I’m so over you’ thing and didn’t take time to process it all.

I don’t think there was any big nasty agenda beyond what a lot of people do, trying to show they are fine or better off via social media even if it’s not true. Unfortunately for her, she’s doing this on a global stage.

Appears she and Matty are over now and the tabloids haven’t churned out anyone new yet so I guess maybe she really is taking some much needed time to get over what’s happened? I hope so.

disneys

VIP Member
If the tickets are around £100ish then I will be able to afford to go , any more than that and I won’t be 😢 just with the cost of living crisis , my husband and I just don’t have as much spare cash anymore . I don’t even mind if I’m in the nosebleeds , I just want to go so badly

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I definitely fall into the category of agreeing that the Matty thing was questionable, icky and too soon, but thinking that Taylor is going through the biggest break up of her life and having to perform to hundreds of thousands of people every week at the same time.

Her choices of secret songs definitely point to the ones about Joe just being too painful to sing about. The ones on the main set list are different. She's not as vulnerable there. She moved on quickly and the public declarations were weird but that definitely looked like it was Matty's idea. From the way he has behaved I really wouldn't be surprised if he genuinely thinks he's in love with her. Even the interviews regarding her in the past were a bit mentionitisy (yes that's a word).

I married my only LTR, but I've also made some bad choices when it comes to men in the past. If I had come out of a LTR I dread to think what cringey af thing I would have done (especially if I thought my ex had moved on with a much younger woman). When folklore first came out my favourite song was MTR because I really identified with the line "I didn't have it in myself to go with grace" because sometimes I just don't. I'll tolerate so much until I just think "nah" and say exactly what is on my mind or do something petty. It often works to my advantage in fairness, but people find it shocking sometimes.

My point being I literally can't imagine how I would cope with the attention if I were Taylor. I don't think You're losing me is particularly damning for Joe. I see the "he wouldn't marry me" admission as something that would be very very hard to admit actually and not something you'd normally want everyone and their dog knowing. Taylor has pretty much spent 5 years telling us how much she loves this man, he is the one for her, he is more than enough and how she didn't want to lose him. But now she has. She wasn't enough for him, or maybe she was too much for him. I see releasing that song as kinda shutting down the speculation a bit. She was worried he'd tire of her and look, he did. It was gradual and they both saw it coming.

We also don't know the timing of You're Losing Me. Yes it sounds very recent. But imagine they had broken up in the middle of writing for midnights and she wrote that. There's NO WAY she could have put it on the album then if they'd gotten back together in the interim.

I personally don't believe she cheated but we don't know either way. Yes we know she hung out with Matty for one night in Jan but that could have just been a seed sowing/flirting/spark/friends/drunk occasion. Or maybe she was trying to make Joe jealous. Or maybe they were on a break back then. Or maybe they've been having a dirty side thing since he worked on midnights. Or maybe she agreed to appear at his concert because their collab didn't make it onto midnights and she felt bad. We don't know.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I don’t think she messed up, I completely understand why she had to drop it as a single during covid, even if she had used it as the lead prior to covid happening it would have still been that same summer.
I’d love a music video but not sure we’ll get one, it’s strange she released it on a Tuesday/Wednesday too instead of Friday?
She messed up by not choosing it as the lead single to be honest.