Tattle Turds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Magpierainbow I haven't seen it no, gonna have to go find it somewhere and have a look see! Thanks for the recommendation!

Since Alice has slowed down a little I finally got one of my films watched on Netflix, The Clense? It was alright, not as good as I had hoped it would be πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Reactions: 5
@Magpierainbow I haven't seen it no, gonna have to go find it somewhere and have a look see! Thanks for the recommendation!

Since Alice has slowed down a little I finally got one of my films watched on Netflix, The Clense? It was alright, not as good as I had hoped it would be πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
I've got really into a lot of the foreign language thriller/dramas on Netflix recently but I can only watch them when I'm not trying to keep up with Alice because you can't look away or you'll miss the subtitles..! πŸ˜‚ I don't know why I can't watch things dubbed.
I've watched the first two of the Baztan trilogy which I've enjoyed, the Valhalla Murders, and part of Deadwind. The Chestnut Man is next on the list πŸ‘πŸ»

Reactions: 6
I've found some hidden gem foreign movies on netflix too, totally agree with you they are not Alice compatible though :ROFLMAO: I've been doing re-runs of old series in the background for some noise, but honestly I shouldn't bother coz I'm taking 0% of them in while all this drama has been going on :ROFLMAO:

I've not seen any of the films you mentioned above, my watch list is going to grow again I bet ha ha! *tootles off to browse netflix*

Just to continue the OT chin hair talk from the main thread πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but I thought I'd share some TMI. I changed from the combined pill to the mini pill about 6 years ago because I was getting a lot of problems with the main pill. That all cleared up but my chin hair seemed to double overnight πŸ˜‚πŸ§” I've tried waxing, threading, plucking, removal cream.. No matter what I ended up with inflamed follicles that turn into ugly whiteheads so I just have a beard of spots instead. So now I just use one of those electric JML facial hair razors. I have to use it every day or I get bristles but it seems like the only option. I've got a home IPL machine I'm using at the same time but it doesn't seem as effective on the old beard as it is the legs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I need a break from the main thread. I'm being hunted by an old Texan lady

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Sharpe was my childhood crush for a long time although I have to say if you can ignore Keira Knightly, the triple threat of Ioan, Clive Owen and Mads Mikkelsen in King Arthur is worth it.
My ManCompanion just bought me the entire Sharpe collection on DVD, he found it in a charity shop for Β£9.50 bless his heart! I don't often like blondies, but man, Sean Bean can just .... holy crap he do whatever the hell he wants!

As long as he keeps Yorkshire!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
@tilly27 I asked my Ma about Dad on the rigs and told her the company your pops worked for, and it's a no sadly πŸ™

Booo that could have been so fun! The main player my Dad worked for was Maersk, and weirdly I remember the symbol from childhood from somewhere. But whatever, it was awesome to make that connection with you πŸ˜ƒ

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey 🐧

I just wanted to say away from the main thread to not feel guilty, there is not very subtle manipulations going on and we are doing nothing wrong.

I don't really want to say any more than that for fear of getting in trouble with the mods and I don't want to keep rocking the boat of an unstable person but that sort of thing is designed to do exactly what it did to you, make you feel bad and make you be quiet.

Come chat with your fellow Turds and Turdettes and leave the crazy world of Bird like SM for the nuts ;) ❀

I'm loving that you have created two safe spaces for us away from the main thread, we all need a break from it and happy animal pics and random chat about what's going on in the world - tattoos is just the ticket! (y)

My ManCompanion just bought me the entire Sharpe collection on DVD, he found it in a charity shop for Β£9.50 bless his heart! I don't often like blondies, but man, Sean Bean can just .... holy crap he do whatever the hell he wants!

Β£9.50?! :eek: Mega bargain! Well done your ManCompanion! (y)

ETA: Ps I say that as an unstable person myself, I'm not using unstable as a slur at all here!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@tilly27 I asked my Ma about Dad on the rigs and told her the company your pops worked for, and it's a no sadly πŸ™

Booo that could have been so fun! The main player my Dad worked for was Maersk, and weirdly I remember the symbol from childhood from somewhere. But whatever, it was awesome to make that connection with you πŸ˜ƒ
Aww, but the thing is they didn't all have to work for the same company, they kinda mixed and matched depending on what job was needed being done on which rig. So, they could've known each other, it is after all - sometimes a small world. Don't know about yours, but my dad sometimes away 2 weeks, sometimes more, but then he could be only 2 days into being home, then be called away again. Sometimes dad was saying to mum not to answer the phone, he didn't really like it. Though by all accounts I think the food was at least good. I've got a pal, she was a cook on rigs

Reactions: 1
Wtf? Are you wanted dead or alive like welp now? Do I need to dig my grandpappys old blunderbuss out? Not faced main thread yet done myself in again a little bit.

My standard reply when anyone says "what can I get you" is "Sean bean naked & hog tied please" although I have to admit these days mostly younger shop assistants who look at me gone out as I chuckle like mad old bag I am🀭

I feel completely awful now. Actually had a cry about it.
That's it, who is this tit bag? (Will read up in a mo) More importantly massive πŸ«‚to you, duck the fuckers please don't let anything stress you & hurt your body😘

Hey 🐧

I just wanted to say away from the main thread to not feel guilty, there is not very subtle manipulations going on and we are doing nothing wrong.

I don't really want to say any more than that for fear of getting in trouble with the mods and I don't want to keep rocking the boat of an unstable person but that sort of thing is designed to do exactly what it did to you, make you feel bad and make you be quiet.

Come chat with your fellow Turds and Turdettes and leave the crazy world of Bird like SM for the nuts ;) ❀

I'm loving that you have created two safe spaces for us away from the main thread, we all need a break from it and happy animal pics and random chat about what's going on in the world - tattoos is just the ticket! (y)

Β£9.50?! :eek: Mega bargain! Well done your ManCompanion! (y)

ETA: Ps I say that as an unstable person myself, I'm not using unstable as a slur at all here!
Uh oh. This is what I hate about t'internet πŸ˜’shall say no more🀬. Huge love to the funny, discerning, caring people here. Also thanks all for brilliant film/prog suggestions I keep a long list of these. Atm am caring full time for mum after heart attacks, bowel rupture, strokes etc she's sliding into vascular dementia, I wouldn't be here now if wasn't for her so my time to pay her back. This is the woman nearly destroyed by my narc dad who never ever bad mouthed him to me. Anyway sorry maudlin tangent but when I get chance to watch stuff properly look forward to suggestions. Thank you Turds πŸ˜˜πŸ«‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@Magpierainbow that is so sad to hear about your mum ❀ I won't ask if you are ok, because I'm sure you aren't really because it's your mum, but I think you and all carers are amazingly strong people! Not everyone steps in or is able to like you have done.

I'm really glad you are getting a small respite here amongst the Turds... where we all belong :devilish: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ❀

P.s love your new Christmas Turdvetar (y) :poop: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
@Magpierainbow that is so sad to hear about your mum ❀ I won't ask if you are ok, because I'm sure you aren't really because it's your mum, but I think you and all carers are amazingly strong people! Not everyone steps in or is able to like you have done.

I'm really glad you are getting a small respite here amongst the Turds... where we all belong :devilish: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ❀

P.s love your new Christmas Turdvetar (y) :poop: :ROFLMAO:
Aww thank you. I am OK, even on worst days, got handful of rl friends who've been there or are there & a fantastic kind of carers counsellor for want of better phase - it all is what it is mum can't help anything I just have to manage myself & I'm massively honoured to be able to do that for her. Thanks for saying thoughπŸ’•
I'm always screenshotting random crap here's one I think is appropos
Screenshot_20211211-125737_Chrome.jpg

ETA am not a saint am menopausal on top of everything else & stupid af some days but if I end up half the woman mum was that'll be OK.

• Heart
That is a beautiful quote! A lovely thing to hold in your heart as we go through life, I'm sure your mum thinks you are wonderful as you are, I do ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That is a beautiful quote! A lovely thing to hold in your heart as we go through life, I'm sure your mum thinks you are wonderful as you are, I do ❀
Eeeeh, that's kind, don't take compliments well, I'm just doing what a lot of people are doing, we all just cope with hands we're dealt. I do firmly believe that if anything you've gone through you can share & help any other person then that's almost making it worthwhile, I didn't get to an almost stable place alone & so grateful for that. Lot of stuff on main thread making me bit twitchy atm so just going to lurk about. Thank you all who've shared some horrible bad stuff here's to just staying ourselves, not letting the feckers rile us, & keeping ourselves together despite a lot of provocation. I would imagine I could word that better but like i say bit twitchy today. Wishing you all as good a day as poss πŸ«‚β™₯

• Heart
Oh Lordy.

Last week was insane at work. It’s a kind of people panicking to get stuff done before the end of year, so I had to be productive.

I thought I had moved on with my life, then I just happen to click Twitter and they’ve doxxed a lawyer?

Anyway, just wanted to say you all seem like nice people, and I’ve learnt a lot about clitoral piercing and tattoos this morning. I have neither, the first would be anatomically impossible and the second must have passed me by. I do have a TON of moles though, but my dermatologist told me it’s nothing to worry about. πŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just wanted to respond to @GoLibrarianPoo and @Just William away from the main thread for fear of triggering anyone...I completely empathise with the experiences of unbelievable lows. My scariest moments were ones where I felt a wave coming over me of really, truly wishing I could leave the world.
My story is a little different though. I was 'diagnosed' with depression, but it didn't sit right with me. I wanted to live an amazing life and spent all my time and energy imagining it and trying to make it a reality. I didn't feel any of the things they say people with depression feel. I was extremely frustrated that I seemed to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back and was in effect spinning my wheels in life. I was bored to tears and my attempts to get something more exciting out of life repeatedly failed. I went through job after job, sometimes being fired but mostly just getting so bored I stopped showing up. I didn't know what was so wrong with me. I couldn't keep friendships going, or relationships - some days I couldn't focus to the end of my own sentence, let alone others' sentences. Other times I'd drive people away by talking too much.

I used to get these incredible lows. They were so scary. I wondered if I was bipolar. My mum called the police on me once because I told her I didn't want to live anymore. They came to my house to do a welfare check and I sat there and sobbed as I told them how I felt. I am afraid that I have been guilty of the 'when I kill myself, you'll listen then, won't you!' tirade. But my sometimes-lacking verbal communication skills combined with the frustration of not really knowing myself what was wrong meant that was really the only way I felt I could get my point across. I felt so alone, not understood and not listened to.

When I was finally diagnosed with ADHD, it made so much sense and after going through all the family interviews and showing school reports from when I was a child, I can't believe it took 30 years to get there. I've opted not to take medication (stimulants) for now - though it's always an option. Instead I've designed my life around my ADHD and try to flow with the tide, not against it. ADHD is so much complex than I know I originally thought, and I wish there was more knowledge about it, especially how it looks in girls/women vs boys.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I know how it feels to be in those places, even though my story is a little different.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I scratch and pick skin until I bleed. It's an anxiety thing. I reopened one that was healing and now it wont stop (not huge amounts)

• Sad
  • Heart
I scratch and pick skin until I bleed. It's an anxiety thing. I reopened one that was healing and now it wont stop (not huge amounts)
Is it like an OCD thing? Did it to my scalp for the longest time, like years - bleeding bald spot etc. Ended up wearing a wooly hat around the house for few months to cure me of it, because people were noticing.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.