Tattle Turds #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you, so kind, I really appreciate it 🥰
Ditto JW you and yours are in my prayers xxx ❤🕊

The lying Bristol bro is doing his thank you rounds on Nitter 🤦🏻‍♀️ Oddly he’s another lover of humans 😂😂😂😂
Tony remember to look both ways before you go fck yourself 😂🍸🍸

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Ditto JW you and yours are in my prayers xxx ❤🕊

The lying Bristol bro is doing his thank you rounds on Nitter 🤦🏻‍♀️ Oddly he’s another lover of humans 😂😂😂😂
Tony remember to look both ways before you go fck yourself 😂🍸🍸
Even now your avatar cracks me up every time I see it! 🤣😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
For any turds who still haven't seen Ioan's brief cameo in Horrible Bosses! :cool:🤣

I swear I’d do him after watching him in this !! When I screamed out loud it was him with da fella … he was like ‘fckin hell love him’ he’s a right jealous arse lol but he knows I love a gangster 😂🤣

I swear I’d do him after watching him in this !! When I screamed out loud it was him with da fella … he was like ‘fckin hell love him’ he’s a right jealous arse lol but he knows I love a gangster 😂🤣
I truly forgot he pees on peeps lmao … that’s cause I was screaming ‘THATS HIM GRUFFUDD’ lmao … that is not why I’d now do him ! To be clear ! was gonna put pmsl but thought better of it .. I’ll go with lol ha ha

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@Blurp How did your PIP hearing go? Have been praying for a good outcome for you x

You're right - people largely don't consider male/male domestic dynamics. It would be a fascinating social study: perhaps researchers will come up with a report in the next decade... I know a chap in your situation. He has his own business and a few hours to relax after he finishes work, when his husband comes home and he starts his 'second job': being his husband's PA, making sure that the house is immaculate, all chores are done, and the food delicious. He becomes exhausted and frustrated sometimes, because he too is the lower earner, but without his contribution his husband's life would be in sad disarray. It doesn't stop him from feeling like a put-upon "wife" sometimes, though, and he snaps/becomes depressed/needs space.
I wonder - and *please* tell me if this is going too far; I don't want to offend you by making assumptions, ever - whether part of your current malaise is that your personal, emotional and intellectual needs aren't being met? My own mother was in your situation for years and finally broke out, got herself to Oxbridge and forged a career: she found her brain and talents atrophying and once I, a precocious child, could largely fend for myself (difficult when dealing with a covert narcissist and alcoholic father, but hey), she grabbed her precious freedom with both hands. What would help to change your dynamic and help to make the relationship feel more equal? What could your husband do to contribute to the hard hands-on work that is raising children and dealing with domestic issues 24/7? It sounds as though you need time and space for yourself, to nurture and cherish yourself, to use your evident and undoubted intellectual gifts to their fullest.
Again - if there are too many assumptions in this, I am profoundly sorry.
Evening all, Fuckos :)

@Autisteuse , don't be sorry ;)
It's OK, I guess I just get some annoyance when the job description says one thing, you take time for application and interview, then it's revealed that expectations are a little (or a lot!) different from the implication! I think I don't like dishonesty and manipulation, when people try to make something seem as it is not. Perhaps why I am Alice's loyal fan though :D

I have a nice job, which I love and in skilled profession but not known for especially good money! The Other Mr Manzana is in a profession that is, still, he met me while I was still at University so he knew what he was getting into! He says he doesn't mind and truthfully I think he doesn't, he is very very busy but he likes what he does and hates keeping a house or any cleaning task - whereas I like things organised.
I've always suffered sporadic depression which I think might be just how I am. I can never say that I'm not lucky, though - I live in a beautiful location, I have the sea and so - nobody has perfect life but not yet 40 and some dreams came true so I can't complain too much :)

I truly forgot he pees on peeps lmao … that’s cause I was screaming ‘THATS HIM GRUFFUDD’ lmao … that is not why I’d now do him ! To be clear ! was gonna put pmsl but thought better of it .. I’ll go with lol ha ha
I can't face watching that again but I watched it again anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
duck. Does anyone know how to get mold permanently out of a saddle??? My basement flooded and all four of my saddles are ruined, I’m so upset. 😔 This has never happened before, I feel like I need to act quickly but I didn’t realize these were moldy for WEEKS.

This one’s my western saddle—I LOVE it but haven’t been able to break it in because none of my local riding schools ride western. It’s my fave one I’ll be so upset if I can’t save it.

5A2A6905-147C-468F-8E02-AABE1CF98B08.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
duck. Does anyone know how to get mold permanently out of a saddle??? My basement flooded and all four of my saddles are ruined, I’m so upset. 😔 This has never happened before, I feel like I need to act quickly but I didn’t realize these were moldy for WEEKS.
Jeez. I don't know - I guess I would think to use some kind of bleach to kill the mould and a toothbrush to get it in the small cracks but I don't know how bleach might affect leather. Maybe wash it outside with leather soap and a brush? If it's hot where you are the sun + uv light might kill the mould.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

This one’s my western saddle—I LOVE it but haven’t been able to break it in because none of my local riding schools ride western. It’s my fave one I’ll be so upset if I can’t save it.

View attachment 1385004
https://www.horseandrideruk.com/expert-advice/articles/bring-mouldy-tack-back-life/ hope that this helps.

• Heart

View attachment 1385004
Several years ago an Australian friend of mine suggested using "clove bud oil" (slightly diluted), saying that was something frequently used to help combat the results of excess humidity. I used it on both leather and wooden furniture (didn't try on cloth items) and seemed to help. My leather furniture is in a less humid area than the affected wood furniture so can't vouch for long term benefit.
ETA: I applied this about 4 years ago -- no return of mold on the leather but did have some return on the wooden furniture (which is in a room that stays closed up).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

View attachment 1385004
Oh no! That is so sad! I have nothing useful to suggest about mould on saddles, I'm afraid, but wanted to show appreciation for your beautiful saddle. I'm in awe of saddlers who work so skillfully with leather.

We have a show in the UK called The Repair Shop (I'm obsessed) and there is a Master Saddler, Susie, who works magic on repairing all sorts of leather items. She used to live on a ranch in the US and lived and breathed her craft. She's amazing. I totally digressed there, oops. I used to ride as a kid and worked at the stables for free lol because I just wanted to be with the horses. Do you ride much?

• Heart

View attachment 1385004
I have said this before, you have so many varied interests it puts us to shame. Is there no end to your talents? I have no mood solution, sorry, I hope you find one.

• Heart
Oh no! That is so sad! I have nothing useful to suggest about mould on saddles, I'm afraid, but wanted to show appreciation for your beautiful saddle. I'm in awe of saddlers who work so skillfully with leather.

We have a show in the UK called The Repair Shop (I'm obsessed) and there is a Master Saddler, Susie, who works magic on repairing all sorts of leather items. She used to live on a ranch in the US and lived and breathed her craft. She's amazing. I totally digressed there, oops. I used to ride as a kid and worked at the stables for free lol because I just wanted to be with the horses. Do you ride much?
The Repair Shop sounds incredibly useful, and Susie knows her stuff, apparently!! 🥰

I rode a TON when I was younger (and I volunteered at my local stables, too! No money necessary—just horses lol). Unfortunately, years ago, a nearby construction site illegally dumped toxic waste on one of the horse trails. A lawsuit was filed, many horses died, and the rest had to be relocated/sold as the barn shut down permanently. 😔 They were the only barn where I could afford riding lessons.

I haven’t ridden since; these saddles are just sitting in my basement until I can save enough to ride somewhere again. It was a shame, and a completely irresponsible move on the construction site’s part. I think of those lost horses so, so fondly to this day. I hope the ones who were relocated are safe again. ❤ I hope I can ride again so we can talk more about equestrian stuff!

I have said this before, you have so many varied interests it puts us to shame. Is there no end to your talents? I have no mood solution, sorry, I hope you find one.
As you know, I can be just a little too manic with the hobbies! (Don’t ever take a peep in my room—I’m kind of a hoarder!) And as you’re well-informed of by now, I live in a highly abusive home, but when my father isn’t raising hell…he’s fostering my hobbies and believing in me, and for that I owe him nothing short of gratitude. If he chose to, he could have denied me the interests that have helped me grow.

I love you, Tea. Thanks for always making me feel like I’m worth something. 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Autisteuse - just seen your post on the last MT & sorry you have tested positive for Covid. :(
I really hope it's mild for you? 🙏 🌹 Look after yourself, ❤ xxx

• Heart
Just a quick check in @ReturningthePearls hope you're ok 💛🌈x

View attachment 1385004
Oh wow, like literally wow. I just adore horses, saddles & bridles too

My first suggestion was to get really hot water with a small amount of antibacterial soap in it, using a clean cloth and go over the entire thing. Leave it as opened up as possible, resting on a towel in somewhere not hot but not cold & very airy to allow it to dry. Then clean using saddle soap/ water using a sponge, allow to dry, then think about an oil all over for extra TLC.

However I did goggle just to be safe, it says to mix in a bucket one part white vinegar with two parts water, then pretty much how I described above.

Don't worry, it won't be ruined. I've had that happen & a bit of TLC & they look fab again.

I'd love to see pictures of your other saddles. One of my most loved possessions is the bridle of my special special lady who i heartbreakingly lost a few years ago. It was a lovely Stubben bridle that I had always wanted & held so many hours of us together. Cleaned it really well & it's hung up on a coat peg at the front door with 💛 xx

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
How is @ReturningthePearls?

You sorted out your mold issue?
Thanks for checking in!! I was so upset about it that I admit I procrastinated on doing it (which is obviously not helping me one iota) but miraculously came to my rescue with a great set of instructions!

How are you doing, Tea? Where’s your spirit today? ❤ I hope life has been so kind to you.

@tilly27 You are amazing! I can’t thank you enough! 💚 I’m going to find some white vinegar and get to scrubbing (gently).

As soon as my saddles are all clean I’d love to show you photos! It’s sad—there was a time a few years ago when it seemed my family would have enough money for a horse, but the plans completely fell through and it couldn’t happen. I have a basement full of feed buckets and hoof care creams and saddle pads and grooming kits! 😞 I think I’ll hang on to them if that blessed day every comes, but it’s somewhat sad going down into the basement now. I had a halter made for her that I hang on a closet hook in my room now—was gonna call her “Sister Fatima,” or “Sister” for short. 💔 One day…

Please, if it isn’t too upsetting for you, won’t you show me a photo of your beloved girl who galloped over the Rainbow Bridge? I’d love to see her. 💚

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.