Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a market really near our apartment called Jubilee Hall or something so I'm planning on going there. There's also another supermarket nearby. However....there's a Wendy's, Chipotle, Shake Shack, McDonalds, Chick Fil A, Taco Bell and a pizza place within a 2 block radius. Just in case I don't feel like cooking! (Just kidding - I'm not touching that stuff!)

I think from what I've heard supermarkets in NYC are a little different - they seem to be smaller and a bit more niche. When I lived in Oregon and LA they were so vast it was unbelievable. Shelves and shelves of different kind of oatmeal for example. Like 10 freezers of ice cream. When I went to Waitrose today they had like half a freezer of ice cream, about 3 different flavours. Lol.

There's a CVS near us too. I need to check out where the nearest Sephora is. I love it there!
There does seem to be an emphasis on eating out in NY rather than supermarket shopping. When Sephora left these shores it was a dark day….

Reactions: 2
@Ena Sharples and @TicTacToc I hope your dental work all went well and you are feeling better now. Or happily wrapped up in post anaesthesia bliss too high to notice any pain. ❀

I hope you guys don't mind me mentioning this here, but the MT fights really got me down for a while. I just woke up this morning from a 24hr on/off depression nap/aka hiding away from the world. Thankfully tit's gone down in AE's world, Alcatone's tweets have fired up and things seem to be back on track for now. I really wanted everything to be fair in the MT, that we could all share our opinions without fear or apologies, but I doubt that will ever happen now. :( The "friendship," camaraderie, humour and support is nice there, but it comes with a price.

I hope everyone is doing well today and that our various fur babies are all happy and healthy too. Mine spent all night with me wanting to snuggle and cuddle, which is always lovely when I'm upset. Thankfully we've now got a bit of sunshine so he can enjoy sunbathing on the back deck. It's been the wettest, coldest, dreariest summer here and I'm so ready for January to be over too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
@CookieMonsta *big hugs*
I know people say cats are evil but I swear mine knows when I'm upset because she gets super affectionate.
This thread is our sanctuary away from the MT fights πŸ’š

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Ena Sharples and @TicTacToc I hope your dental work all went well and you are feeling better now. Or happily wrapped up in post anaesthesia bliss too high to notice any pain. ❀

I hope you guys don't mind me mentioning this here, but the MT fights really got me down for a while. I just woke up this morning from a 24hr on/off depression nap/aka hiding away from the world. Thankfully tit's gone down in AE's world, Alcatone's tweets have fired up and things seem to be back on track for now. I really wanted everything to be fair in the MT, that we could all share our opinions without fear or apologies, but I doubt that will ever happen now. :( The "friendship," camaraderie, humour and support is nice there, but it comes with a price.

I hope everyone is doing well today and that our various fur babies are all happy and healthy too. Mine spent all night with me wanting to snuggle and cuddle, which is always lovely when I'm upset. Thankfully we've now got a bit of sunshine so he can enjoy sunbathing on the back deck. It's been the wettest, coldest, dreariest summer here and I'm so ready for January to be over too.
I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time. My little fur baby sends you cuddles and snuggles β™₯
55765412_2333100363401830_2595508475672920064_o.jpg

I know I'm not particularly welcome in these threads, but I didn't have anywhere else to say this, so I hope you don't mind me saying it here. But someone on the MT, who knows I have no kids, just said
" Perhaps I view it like asking a man what he would do in a situation that has something to do with the pains of a watermelon coming out of his vagina or something to do about his period. I'm sorry but you will truly never know what it's like to have a child until you have a child. "
So that's a bit of a kick to the ovaries for you 😒

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time. My little fur baby sends you cuddles and snuggles β™₯
View attachment 1014007

I know I'm not particularly welcome in these threads, but I didn't have anywhere else to say this, so I hope you don't mind me saying it here. But someone on the MT, who knows I have no kids, just said
" Perhaps I view it like asking a man what he would do in a situation that has something to do with the pains of a watermelon coming out of his vagina or something to do about his period. I'm sorry but you will truly never know what it's like to have a child until you have a child. "
I'm sorry Kindness. It was a pretty brutal comment. ❀
For what it's worth, I think we all get a bit antsy about FM's and people's intentions sometimes. AE is so batshit, and so nasty, that sometimes a more nuanced take is seen as suspect. I'm sorry I was suspicious of you and I'm sorry you've been hurt so badly today. ❀

My fur baby would send you a cuddle - well he wouldn't really cause he hates strangers! But he's also hiding under my bed right now from the faint rolls of thunder. So have this kitty cuddle instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
alerting everyone who keeps away from the MT as long as Alice is gone that she is back ranting better than ever on IG

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
*shuffles in looking like Mrs overall with roll up hanging out of corner of mouth, trips over empty wine bottles & squints at salad cream then hurls it out of window - crawls back out to go back to bed for another hour* 🀭

πŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’– to all. Little story - a long time ago gave couple of kids (their mum was friend of my mums & has her own kids & lots of adopted ones) a pocket money job poo picking down field, when I still had my old girl. Someone came to me & told me one of them had swung a spade at my horse🀬 & couple of other incidents not relating to me. I geared myself up thought long & hard as it seemed to me the issue was not only did I not want them anywhere near my animal again but that their mother should know because she needed to get them help if required. Went to see her trembling & shaking, got my spiel out, was just met with a look & was told "of course they didn't do it. What would you know, you don't have any kids". I just made it clear I didn't want to see them again but hoped she would talk to them & help them & walked away with head high. πŸ˜”

Think I've got another sinus infectionπŸ€•but still on a high with how happy boy isπŸ™‚πŸ΄πŸ’–πŸ’•

Happy turdy tuesdayπŸ˜˜πŸŒˆπŸ«‚πŸ’•πŸ’–

• Heart
I don't know what I've missed, but you're definitely welcome here.
That's a horrific comment to make, I'm sorry you were on the receiving end of that.

@CookieMonsta I hope you're doing better now. This thread is the place to be! Recipes, Office gifs, animals, what more could you need!

• Heart
bleeping spreadsheets. That is all.

As you were.

alerting everyone who keeps away from the MT as long as Alice is gone that she is back ranting better than ever on IG
Thanks for the heads up. A welcome distraction from graphs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
So have we now got a resident monkey in here?

Funnily enough the thing that made me put this user on ignore was the comment about not being a mother from Lillyheart and they defended them.... so :mad:

• Wow
In this thread? Or on the main thread?
The comment was made on the MT a while back. I talked about it earlier in this thread though.

It's really upsetting to be told you don't get an opinion on children if you don't have any. I was really bleeping angry at the time :mad:

Tbh I'm raging and gobsmacked that now that this is being used as a reason for coming over here... after defending a similar comment from someone else too! :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 1
@Penguin86 I hope you’re ok lovely, a couple of really insensitive comments were made and I’ve read your thoughts and experiences before so I just wanted to reach out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
The comment was made on the MT a while back. I talked about it earlier in this thread though.

It's really upsetting to be told you don't get an opinion on children if you don't have any. I was really bleeping angry at the time :mad:

Tbh I'm raging and gobsmacked that now that this is being used as a reason for coming over here... after defending a similar comment from someone else too! :mad:
Ah ok. Gotcha. I remember the comment.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.