Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@clarkees thank you 💚 im ok just woken up again so bit discombobulated and sensitive. How are you
I know the feeling! Eh, I’m ok thank you - work is kicking my butt and I would mostly like to just not be doing any of it right now.

I deleted that picture of my sweet hairy son just to maintain my anonymity 😂 but glad you got to see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Please tell me if you think I'm being oversensitive, I would appreciate it and I'll shut my face but I'm not sure it would change my mind 😬
No, you’re not. People often aren’t childless by choice and you don’t just gain a specific level of empathy once you become a parent. It’s a bullshit shutdown people use and it’s insensitive.

• Heart
Please tell me if you think I'm being oversensitive, I would appreciate it and I'll shut my face but I'm not sure it would change my mind 😬
No, I don't.

By the way, I have a Twitter account that's anonymous that I use to chat to a few people on here. If anyone has one and wants to connect, it's @caitwal.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Goading, stop trying to provoke - Please read our rules and why they're important
I'm not sure if this is the right word but it feels a bit gaslight-y to have done that.

ETA: I don't think I'm being oversensitive about the comment the other poster had made because that's just an awful thing to say to anyone but particularly the childless not by choice as @clarkees said. I'm just not sure if I should just have kept my mouth shut about Kindnessmatters. If others have no issue with it I will keep quiet and not rock the Turdy boat any more ❤

I'm not sure if this is the right word but it feels a bit gaslight-y to have done that.

ETA: I don't think I'm being oversensitive about the comment the other poster had made because that's just an awful thing to say to anyone but particularly the childless not by choice as @clarkees said. I'm just not sure if I should just have kept my mouth shut about Kindnessmatters. If others have no issue with it I will keep quiet and not rock the Turdy boat any more ❤
I think you can address it if you wanted to as long as it doesn't cause arguments.

Reactions: 2
I think I'll leave it at that for now @Caitlyn130 I am feeling a bit emotional today and I would probably not deal with this the way I would next week 🤷‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
I kind of appreciate having not had any overt FMs fly in here, it makes me think maybe there's at least some lines they don't feel appropriate to cross (y) So if there are any FM lurkers, sincerely thank you for being decent enough to leave us to our support thread.

Feel a bit like we're on Hallowed ground or claiming Sanctuary in here :LOL: It would be a bit beyond the pale to screenshot stuff in here or to come in here to poke at people I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I kind of appreciate having not had any overt FMs fly in here, it makes me think maybe there's at least some lines they don't feel appropriate to cross (y) So if there are any FM lurkers, sincerely thank you for being decent enough to leave us to our support thread.

Feel a bit like we're on Hallowed ground or claiming Sanctuary in here :LOL: It would be a bit beyond the pale to screenshot stuff in here or to come in here to poke at people I think.
I did say it was a safe place for users yesterday but it was in the midst of the slut shaming argument so was removed. (Not complaining about the removal, it was fair)

Reactions: 4

I think they probably just haven't found it yet lol.

• Haha
I think they probably just haven't found it yet lol.
I figured they'd either have to have been stupid or asleep to have missed us :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♀️ The link was shared a lot in the early days, less so when we all got twitchy about keep it secret keep it safe ;)

Anyway I've been having a churn through Parks and Rec before netflix drops it and still love it! Poor Jerry/Gary though, I like that the writers gave him a beautiful and loving family (and a huge penis) to offset the work bullying he suffered. It's one of the few bits about the program that I really didn't like :LOL:

*shuffles in looking like Mrs overall with roll up hanging out of corner of mouth, trips over empty wine bottles & squints at salad cream then hurls it out of window - crawls back out to go back to bed for another hour* 🤭

🌈🫂💕💖 to all. Little story - a long time ago gave couple of kids (their mum was friend of my mums & has her own kids & lots of adopted ones) a pocket money job poo picking down field, when I still had my old girl. Someone came to me & told me one of them had swung a spade at my horse🤬 & couple of other incidents not relating to me. I geared myself up thought long & hard as it seemed to me the issue was not only did I not want them anywhere near my animal again but that their mother should know because she needed to get them help if required. Went to see her trembling & shaking, got my spiel out, was just met with a look & was told "of course they didn't do it. What would you know, you don't have any kids". I just made it clear I didn't want to see them again but hoped she would talk to them & help them & walked away with head high. 😔

Think I've got another sinus infection🤕but still on a high with how happy boy is🙂🐴💖💕

Happy turdy tuesday😘🌈🫂💕💖
You did brilliantly to stay calm and not take the spade to the little buggers! Not that I would have (I think) but damn I would have wanted too in your position. It was really brave of you to confront their mother and warn her, for the kids sake as well as your old girl. ❤

It's lovely how happy our pets make us, though tbh I don't think of or like to call my fur baby a pet. It's great your boy was so happy and hopefully that sinus infection is clearing up.

• Heart
I've just been reminded of a really interesting documentary I watched a year or so ago. It's called 'something's wrong with Aunt Diane'.
Basically this women in New York had her two kids and three nieces in the car and drove fast the wrong way down a highway and killed all of them except 1. The documentary was interesting because it sort of insinuated something had caused her to do it. When I researched it afterwards, there was loads left out, and the reality of the situation was that she was drunk and high and that's what caused it. There are unanswered questions, but they mostly are to do with 'why would she drive drunk and high' rather than 'ooh what could have possibly caused this strange mysterious accident!'

To be honest, this is the reason why I stopped watching a lot of crime docs. After watching one particular Netflix documentary, I got the ick and started to feel like the victims were being exploited for maximum scare factor and entertainment. I did a write up about it on Reddit (back when I had reddit) and it made the front page. That particular documentary was no mystery. A woman had a mental health crisis and died due to misadventure and they tried to dress it up as a haunted, cursed place where all these unexplainable things happened. I actually cancelled my Netflix subscription after that. I was even noticing before that the production values on these documentaries were really OTT with 'artistic' re-enactments like drops of blood dropping on the screen and slo-mo guns firing, etc, and OTT sound effects. That last documentary was the last straw. For crime stuff now, I read Reddit's unresolved mysteries sub.

Anyway, that was a derailment. Just wondered if anyone had seen the Aunt Diane docu.

• Heart
ETA: Not a derailment at all I don't think? Part of the thread history is chatting about our interests whatever they may be (y)

I've just been reminded of a really interesting documentary I watched a year or so ago. It's called 'something's wrong with Aunt Diane'.
Basically this women in New York had her two kids and three nieces in the car and drove fast the wrong way down a highway and killed all of them except 1. The documentary was interesting because it sort of insinuated something had caused her to do it. When I researched it afterwards, there was loads left out, and the reality of the situation was that she was drunk and high and that's what caused it. There are unanswered questions, but they mostly are to do with 'why would she drive drunk and high' rather than 'ooh what could have possibly caused this strange mysterious accident!'

To be honest, this is the reason why I stopped watching a lot of crime docs. After watching one particular Netflix documentary, I got the ick and started to feel like the victims were being exploited for maximum scare factor and entertainment. I did a write up about it on Reddit (back when I had reddit) and it made the front page. That particular documentary was no mystery. A woman had a mental health crisis and died due to misadventure and they tried to dress it up as a haunted, cursed place where all these unexplainable things happened. I actually cancelled my Netflix subscription after that. I was even noticing before that the production values on these documentaries were really OTT with 'artistic' re-enactments like drops of blood dropping on the screen and slo-mo guns firing, etc, and OTT sound effects. That last documentary was the last straw. For crime stuff now, I read Reddit's unresolved mysteries sub.

Anyway, that was a derailment. Just wondered if anyone had seen the Aunt Diane docu.
Oh I've not seen the Documentary but I had heard about this! I had never heard that she was drunk and high though, it's awful when they sensationalise things like that :(

Similarly have you heard of Elisa Lam? There was viral elevator footage going around for a while and it's frequently included in lists of "unexplained, spooky deaths" - In reality the sad thing is this poor girl had significant mental health issues and was having a bipolar episode and died in an accidental drowning :(

Really sad but even now the misinformation is going around and it does feel exploitative.

Oh I've not seen the Documentary but I had heard about this! I had never heard that she was drunk and high though, it's awful when they sensationalise things like that :(

Similarly have you heard of Elisa Lam? There was viral elevator footage going around for a while and it's frequently included in lists of "unexplained, spooky deaths" - In reality the sad thing is this poor girl had significant mental health issues and was having a bipolar episode and died in an accidental drowning :(

Really sad but even now the misinformation is going around and it does feel exploitative.
That's the one I did my Reddit write up about. The last straw for me. Poor girl had mental health problems and died on a trip to L.A., and Netflix dragged it out into an entire series.

The write up I did had 24,000 upvotes, so I can't imagine how many people actually read it in total. I didn't expect it to resonate with so many people.

• Heart
That's the one I did my Reddit write up about. The last straw for me. Poor girl had mental health problems and died on a trip to L.A., and Netflix dragged it out into an entire series.
Thank you for doing that! That's awful! I didn't know Netflix had done that :eek: :mad: That poor girl and her poor family 😭

Reactions: 1
That series was truly disgusting - unbelievably cheap imo. The people who were interviewed, especially that person who visited her grave, honestly ought to be ashamed of themselves. Real Loopy characters if you will. Just attaching onto people’s trauma to gain some fame for themselves.

• Heart

I don't know if you see this or if you have me on ignore. This is what I said the first time the issue of not having children was raised.
Capturek (2).PNG

Then
Capturekm2.PNG

And
Capturekm3.PNG

So my stance was to give people the benefit of the doubt, and if it turns out they are targeting people, like me and you, who are childless, not by choice, then I would be hurt by their comments.
The latest person came on saying 'are you a parent?" and I gave them too the benefit of the doubt. I wrote to them explaining there are people here who are not parents (not by choice) and that we can use our imagination, we don't need to have had children to have opinions. They then made a point of coming back at me, sticking the knife in and turning it around. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong, this person went out of her way to prove me wrong, and I have every right to be hurt by this as you, especially as I was the one being targeted.

• Sad
Reactions: 1

The write up I did had 24,000 upvotes, so I can't imagine how many people actually read it in total. I didn't expect it to resonate with so many people.
I used to watch a series called Swamp Murders. At the time the various channels here had a lot of real life murder doco's on and I was watching them all. But this series just got to me. The victims were nearly always women and the motive was nearly always because they were leaving a man or had turned down a man for sex. It just got so depressing. In the re-enactments I've watched, the don't really re-enact the murder as such, and one episode I watched did - having the victim scream. I had to turn it off immediately. I like watching the psychological and forensic parts, but over time these shows were making me more depressed and fearful of the real world.

I watched the Elisa Lam doco - it was the supposedly haunted hotel in LA wasn't it. I didn't know it was proven she had suicided. What a dreadful thing to do to create a "mystery" around someone's tragic death. Her parents must have been devastated.

Edited: spelling.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.