Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, it didn't go great. They're putting me in touch with someone who might be able to help. We're meeting more often so they can offer pastoral support, which is really kind of them. I broke down. I hardly ever cry - I was brought up to believe that it was weak and was punished for it by Him for making a noise unpleasant to him - but I just couldn't stop myself. Absolutely drained beyond belief.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm really feeling desperately nervous. For once I have energy, but it's all pure adrenaline: I'm shaking from head to toe and finding it hard to breathe. I wish I didn't find it so incredibly difficult to talk to or trust others. I was always taught that I was irrelevant, secondary to my childhood abuser's needs, and though my mother fought for me constantly he was the centre of everything. He's moving around downstairs and it makes me shake. Think I'm going to work off my nerves with a Pilates session but oh, how I wish it were all over already.
Dear @Bastion, I so hope it has all gone well and that you have triumphed. Have been thinking of and praying for you.
Oh Autisteuse, I really do feel for you, I really do. I don't know all about your situation but once you finish uni can you start to work and then rent a place of your own? Maybe your mum could come and stay with you there sometimes too? You must spend so much time in your fight/flight mode and it must be exhausting for you. This situation isn't forever, it will get better and you will get away from him. Take care xx

Well, it didn't go great. They're putting me in touch with someone who might be able to help. We're meeting more often so they can offer pastoral support, which is really kind of them. I broke down. I hardly ever cry - I was brought up to believe that it was weak and was punished for it by Him for making a noise unpleasant to him - but I just couldn't stop myself. Absolutely drained beyond belief.
It's very human to cry and it's not normal to repress it either. You had a very normal human response to a very stressful situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
They're putting me in touch with someone who might be able to help
Do you think that there is some hope here?
Can you contact any of the organisations previously mentioned, i.e. Women's Aid, Refuge to see what they might be able to do?

• Heart
Hey @Autisteuse, I’m sorry to hear it didn’t go great. I’ve not been keeping up so I am sorry if somebody else has mentioned this resource but I’ve just been informed about it and thought it may be useful to you also: www.victimsupport.org.uk

• Heart
I'm already in bed. Pressing on with Supernatural which is a lot scarier than I remember it. I feel so big and slow today. And I'm having some weird pregnancy symptoms that I referred to earlier as 'side effects' by mistake.
I got a lot done this morning. Paperwork city.

• Heart
💜 💚 💜 💚💜

How's the side effects of your pregnancy going?
I'm coping, just some irritating symptoms that I'll spare everyone the details of 😂
I'm just happy to be comfy in bed this evening. I got a new book today - a memoir I've wanted to read for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm coping, just some irritating symptoms that I'll spare everyone the details of 😂
I'm just happy to be comfy in bed this evening. I got a new book today - a memoir I've wanted to read for a while.
Enjoy the book and I hope those irritating symptoms disappear soon!

• Heart
@Autisteuse I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you needed it to, I hope you can get some help from the other organisation they've referred you to. My friend found Women's Aid helpful, her ex was very controlling but she still had to deal with him as they had a baby together.

@Bastion I'm glad your meeting went well and hope it gets easier from now on.

@Caitlyn130 Hope the irritating pregnancy symptoms get better soon, the second trimester is generally the easiest, enjoy the book.

• Heart
@Bastion - that is such great news, I'm so pleased for you that it went so well! 😁(y)🥰
So glad she was caring & it's good you can WFH indefinitely! 👏 I'm not surprised you're exhausted after so much stress. I hope you have a really good sleep. It must feel like a huge weight has been lifted. ❤ xxx
Will pop in tomorrow to see any further news. 😘

@Autisteuse - so sorry it didn't go as well as you had hoped but glad they're offering you some support.
If you can eventually do it then I think @Ena Sharples suggestion is a good one. I'm sad to hear that you were brought up to believe crying was a sign of weakness & punished for it. It's actually a safety valve of sorts so please try not to feel bad, your reaction was natural given your circumstances. I hope you can get a good nights sleep & maybe tomorrow start looking into some of the links & hopefully one (or more) will be able to offer you some practical help? + + + + + gentle hugs,❤xxx

I hope @GoLibrarianPoo is okay? ❤😘 xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
OMG... I cannot believe it but the meeting went really well. The senior manager was so nice.
My line manager is stepping down and moving to a different role in her directorate, the senior manager isn't leaving (unfortunately) but she has said that she will be my contact instead of him til the line manager role is filled. She's also set me up with an 8 week back to work plan and I can continue to work from home indefinitely. When the meeting ended I was buzzing as it wasn't what I was expecting at all, I honestly believed that the managers would have poisoned her mind against me. She seems to be much more people orientated and made me feel like she genuinely cared about all I've been through.
She’s going to be speaking to the senior manager about his behaviour but not the line manager as she said he should never have been put in a manager role as it doesn't fit his skill set and he had no people manager training.
I'm off for a lie down now as I feel so exhausted 😀. Thank you all so much for letting me vent on here and for being so kind to me.
I'll be back later and will catch up on the unread posts then. Thanks again. xx
Oh my goodness Bastion, I am so, so happy for you! Congratulations. I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself and fighting for what's right. You did awesome! ❤ ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.