Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started reading a really good book last night: So the wind won't blow it all away
I originally picked it up because it's set in Oregon, but I didn't realise the author is an award winner and had a really tragic life, and his style of writing was quite new at the time. I will look into him some when I've finished.

Amazon product

Reactions: 2
I started reading a really good book last night: So the wind won't blow it all away
I originally picked it up because it's set in Oregon, but I didn't realise the author is an award winner and had a really tragic life, and his style of writing was quite new at the time. I will look into him some when I've finished.

Amazon product
I envy you. When I hit the perimenopause (then menopause) some years back, I lost my concentration. I went from reading one/two books a week to about two a year. I now have the attention span of a small puppy.

That book looks really good (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
After recent events I thought I'd open bar early. OK just for me then🤭. The dj has not turned up yet so going kick off with one from the shart top 10👍💃🎶

• Heart
I envy you. When I hit the perimenopause (then menopause) some years back, I lost my concentration. I went from reading one/two books a week to about two a year. I now have the attention span of a small puppy.

That book looks really good (y)
Being online has done my concentration no good at all. I used to be focused, now I tend to have a butterfly mind. I have even tried to scroll down a hard copy of a magazine before.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Being online has done my concentration no good at all. I used to be focused, now I tend to have a butterfly mind. I have even tried to scroll down a hard copy of a magazine before.
I wonder if that’s part of the problem too. We are used to reading in ‘snippets’ and our brains have adjusted?

Reactions: 6
I wonder if that’s part of the problem too. We are used to reading in ‘snippets’ and our brains have adjusted?
That's a really good point.

One thing I find extremely difficult about the internet, is that say I click on a web page to read an article, I have to constantly click off ads, click off autoplay videos, click off 'sign up for our newsletter' popups. And popups to enable notifications from that site (why would I want that??) It's incredibly frustrating. I have thought many times about ditching the internet altogether for a while. I do want to move towards using books rather than internet articles, as helpful as they are they do stress me out.

Reactions: 7
@Katie8ee yes I know its because im off my meds but when im on my meds sometimes I wish I could be off them. Guess that's a crazy idea 🤪

I take 2 different meds. Levothyroxine and Sertaline. I wanted something different for my anxiety because the extra sertraline messes me up. It makes me sleep though 🤔

@clarkees I have pill pots and sometimes still forget to take and I ignore apps 🤣

I need to prep the spag bol for the slow cooker. Effort 😜
Is your levo optimal & have you asked to try a higher dose to see if that helps to combat your anxiety? I went onto a higher dose and it definitely helped with my anxiety. Bloody thyroid ballache. Keep meaning to look into the desiccated stuff but still fat and lethargic (but at least not too anxious)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Is your levo optimal & have you asked to try a higher dose to see if that helps to combat your anxiety? I went onto a higher dose and it definitely helped with my anxiety. Bloody thyroid ballache. Keep meaning to look into the desiccated stuff but still fat and lethargic (but at least not too anxious)
My doctors seem to have no clue with hypothyroidism. They check my levels and if they're normal they just say carry on despite all the symptoms

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My doctors seem to have no clue with hypothyroidism. They check my levels and if they're normal they just say carry on despite all the symptoms
I have hyperthyroidism with ALL of the symptoms but bloods always come back borderline. The carbimazole is making zero difference. It feels pointless to take it at all.
I’m most worried about the weight gain, which is unusual for hyper and the hair loss.
My endo actually said once “ I’ve no idea why I’m in this job, sometimes we just don’t know”. That was reassuring.
The only good thing about taking the carbimazole is the seizures and Bell’s palsy have stopped. I just wish it would balance out and I’d feel less exhausted.

• Heart
I have hyperthyroidism with ALL of the symptoms but bloods always come back borderline. The carbimazole is making zero difference. It feels pointless to take it at all.
I’m most worried about the weight gain, which is unusual for hyper and the hair loss.
My endo actually said once “ I’ve no idea why I’m in this job, sometimes we just don’t know”. That was reassuring.
The only good thing about taking the carbimazole is the seizures and Bell’s palsy have stopped. I just wish it would balance out and I’d feel less exhausted.
I dont even have an endo. I just have a gp. I had my bloods taken before Christmas. Im guessing they're fine because they haven't bothered contacting me and it's impossible to get them on the phone 🤷‍♀️
I'm actually doing good at not gaining too much weight *knocks on head*.
You have seizures? I only learnt about Bells Palsy from a female wrestler I follow getting it (Piper Niven)

Reactions: 1
I love when they do the mep mep mep 😍
We call it "The Call of Death", where the big scary cat thinks it can lure the birds into it's mouth by making that noise 🐱

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. Is there any chance you have Hashimoto's? My sister in law has that and she said it makes the thyroid swing from hyper to hypo, which might explain the weight gain and hair loss? Good luck, I hope you can get some help.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I dont even have an endo. I just have a gp. I had my bloods taken before Christmas. Im guessing they're fine because they haven't bothered contacting me and it's impossible to get them on the phone 🤷‍♀️
I'm actually doing good at not gaining too much weight *knocks on head*.
You have seizures? I only learnt about Bells Palsy from a female wrestler I follow getting it (Piper Niven)
My endo is phone calls only, I attend for bloods a lot but they’re borderline everytime.
It’s called Grave’s disease but I genuinely don’t think I have that, I have the opposite symptoms. Yeah I’ve had the seizures on and off for years but not since I started carbimazole. As you’d expect I’m a pain in the ass 😂

• Heart
My endo is phone calls only, I attend for bloods a lot but they’re borderline everytime.
It’s called Grave’s disease but I genuinely don’t think I have that, I have the opposite symptoms. Yeah I’ve had the seizures on and off for years but not since I started carbimazole. As you’d expect I’m a pain in the ass 😂
Well I didnt wanna say 😜 kidding.
I'm a low maintenance pain in the ass

• Haha
It feels quiet this evening people! (on here, not the MT).
It's been a busy day for me but I have been managing to catch up :)
@Penguin86 I messaged you on Twitter!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'm starting to feel kind of unsettled/antsy and I can't put my finger on it. I don't know, something just feels off tonight and I don't feel like myself.
I've had a bit of a strange day with lots going on so maybe that's thrown me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Welsh Attack Squirrel Hi. I'm just going through the MT and read a few of your posts. Please try and stop blaming yourself for not realizing your partner was depressed and suicidal. You had been battling cancer and then were severely depressed yourself, which causes you to shut down emotionally and can put such blinkers on you just from the sheer exhaustion and daily struggle to survive. It's not like you were selfishly ignoring your partner and his feelings. I'm sure you did the best you could do in enormously difficult and painful circumstances. Thankfully a tragedy was averted, but please try and stop carrying that guilt, it will just hurt you and potentially your partner more. Give yourself the same care, forgiveness, understanding and compassion you would give to someone else in your situation. ❤

ETA: just seen your comments saying you did an Alice. YOU ABSOLUTELY DID NOT DO AN ALICE! You were very sick, possibly fighting for your life, and then had severe depression on top of it. It would have been a miracle if you hadn't become a bit self-absorbed - you needed to focus on yourself to survive. If you were anything like AE you would not be holding yourself accountable for what happened, let alone needlessly blaming yourself for things that were not and are not your fault.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.