Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quite. It has been mentioned a lot on the BBC Radio thread here how much presenters push their IG or YT accounts. Eg Vanessa Feltz endlessly plugging her IG on her show, which is stuffed full of ads and affiliate links.
That’s really bad. I can’t believe there isn’t rules at the BBC about that so they must be choosing to look the other way and let their presenters do what they want.

the end of the breakfast interview they asked the you tuber who should take responsibility for disclosing ads, the brand or the influencer. She just waffled the platforms need to have more tools to help disclose 🙄 I’m sorry but the requirements are easy. You put ‘ad’. No amount of ‘tools’ is going to make certain influencers to disclose properly.
Jo Good is another example of a BBC presenter who shamelessly plugs their personal monetised socials. On her BBC Radio London shows (5 times a week) she reguarly mentions "my socials" and often reads out the actual @handle luring BBC listeners by saying they can go to her YouTube to see her new puppy or a walk in the park or whatever. However, when they go to her channel, they will encounter her covert ads, where she is either sponsored, receives a fee, gets a freebie, benefits from affiliate links, as well as upping her views for YouTube ad revenue.

Have no doubt she knows what she's doing, she once responded to criticism of her MO and this is what she said, captioned by YouTube.
20220127_104718.jpg

She was not being criticised for advertising, she was being criticised for not declaring her ads compliantly, as per the ASA - and was criticised too for using the BBC to push it. Her oft-repeated comeback is "I am 67 years old and don't have a private pension".

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
She was not being criticised for advertising, she was being criticised for not declaring her as as per the ASA, and criticising for using the BBC to push it. Her oft-repeated comeback is "I am 67 years old and don't have a private pension".
This is unbelievable. In no other industry would non compliance with the regulations for that industry be deemed acceptable because someone has failed to save for their own retirement!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is unbelievable. In no other industry would non compliance with the regulations for that industry be deemed acceptable because someone has failed to save for their own retirement!
Jo Good is shameless, many of her undislcosed ads have been logged over on the "Influencers beging shady with their ad" thread.

Reactions: 10
Her oft-repeated comeback is "I am 67 years old and don't have a private pension".
bleeping hell.

"Your honour, I was only breaking the law because I failed to be a responsible citizen and plan effectively for my retirement, despite having the means, knowledge, capability and connections to do so"

Reactions: 12
bleeping hell.

"Your honour, I was only breaking the law because I failed to be a responsible citizen and plan effectively for my retirement, despite having the means, knowledge, capability and connections to do so"
To make it worse she boasts that she prefers to spend her money on £695 dresses and £70 jars of manuka honey. I don't wish to hijack this thread with this woman, anyone interested to see more examples of her ways can read her Tattle wiki...

Reactions: 9
I’ve visited her thread for a skim read and she seems like a horror! Aciting like the shared roof garden in her flats is all hers and letting her dog piss all over it. Vile!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
jo Goid used to say she didn’t have a pension, which inferred no pension at all, but then she turned 66 last year and would have been eligible for her state pension. She has three properties in the UK (possibly with mortgages) but rents another one.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
jo Goid used to say she didn’t have a pension, which inferred no pension at all, but then she turned 66 last year and would have been eligible for her state pension. She has three properties in the UK (possibly with mortgages) but rents another one.
Yes, she has recently more specific about the "no pension" whinge, now saying "I don't have a private pension".

Her disingenousness is legend. Curious Tattlers of this thread can read all about Jo Good on her Tattle wiki which is linked upthread, lots of details about her selfish ways; filming herself driving with no hands on the wheel looking into the camera, flouting full lockdown rules, apparently driving 9 miles to meet a friend using her BBC job as a cover, going to the dentist when she admitted to a cough and "compromised breathing", the list goes on...

Reactions: 8
If I find out that Winifred Robinson has been putting aff links to shonky necklaces from Ali Baba I will write to Points Of View stat!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Dm is the worst place to try get people to hate tattle. The comments sections always call out our bullshit or if they share articles on influencers it’s full of “who?” Or “get a proper job” 🤣 why did they think it would go down well

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Yel

Latest issue of private eye was just pushed though my letterbox :)

20220202_144100.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Does this mean we've got Private Eye people lurking? Come on people let's do a Jack Monroe takedown, I triple dare you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Yel

Does this mean we've got Private Eye people lurking? Come on people let's do a Jack Monroe takedown, I triple dare you.

I scanned quickly through the whole thing and unless it's not got an obvious title there's no mention of jack in the current issue. But I guess they'd wait for somesort of conclusion

Love Street of Shame in Private Eye.
Always fun to see how despicable the arbiters of morality behave while lecturing the rest of us.

Reactions: 11
Hinch and husband - 'a deluded pair of twats' 😂
If I read that in Private Eye I would 100% come here. Great ad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Latest issue of private eye was just pushed though my letterbox :)

View attachment 1034900
This has made my day, no surprise that the DM reads here, but an "intellectual" type publication like Private Eye :ROFLMAO: Also were these the worst insults they could find "vacuous" "awful" wow, we should all be cancelled :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think that Tattle and Private Eye are kindred spirits. We are to influencers and celebs what Private Eye is to politicians and public figures.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Tattle endorsed in Private Eye No 1566 4 Feb-17 Feb P13

TATTLE PROD
"WHAT makes so many women tear apart successful females on a website that's pure poison?" asked Clare Foges in the Daily Mail on 19 January about the website Tattle Life. It was, she said, “so savage it should come with a health warning".
Tattle Life is full of comment threads about people – almost all women – in the public eye, where members of the public slag them off. Foges was stunned by the venom: “In this witches' coven for the democratic digital age, there's room for all... there's digital bile by the bucket-load.”
The site has terms of agreement asking users not to post abusive messages, but they are roundly ignored. Among the targets of criticism were celebrity cleaner Mrs Hinch and her husband (“a deluded pair of twats”) and singer/TV personality Stacey Solomon ("disgrace of the year"). Even worse, Foges pointed out, “the site is clearly a goldmine for advertising revenues”.
Of course, anyone wanting unhinged vitriol didn't need to leave the Mail website. In the past couple of months, any reader who peeped below the line could find comments about, say, Mrs Hinch ("Awful woman”; “talentless and vacuous”) and Stacey Solomon ("sick of her face"). There are terms of agreement for MailOnline, but they are roundly ignored. And as for ad revenue from vitriol, MailOnline's revenue in 2020 was £164m. It's possible Tattle Life has simply found a way to recreate the Mail experience, without the need to pay for photos.

I think that Tattle and Private Eye are kindred spirits. We are to influencers and celebs what Private Eye is to politicians and public figures.
The allegation of "Misogyny" is more related to the fact that the "influencers" tend to be Women.

They are kindred spirits in that borh the Eye and TL despise hypocrisy and enjoy satire. The goal is to comfort the afflicted (EG Katie Price's exploited son Harvey and her other offspring) and afflict the comfortable.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart