Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off the back of Captain Tom Moore's ghastly family, surely the time has for journalists to examine the grifting that goes on via social media? (Some people have a lifestyle funded by the scrounging). Rather than focusing on places like Tattle which seems to be the only place to consistently unearth and comment on their shoddy behaviour?
See also Ashley Cain and Saffiya Vorajee. There are serious questions being raised now about where the Go Fund Me money has gone. More and more people are asking questions about what The Azaylia Foundation are doing with the £1.6 million raised for treatment for the poor baby and they’re all being labelled trolls for asking legitimate questions.

People don’t want to think that old people or babies are unwittingly caught up in any sort of grift, they’d rather believe we’re the nasty, bitter old loners the press paint us to be. But many a person has found their way over here and seen things in a totally different light to what is portrayed to them on social media, and that’s why there will always be a place for Tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The royal family will do whatever is popular with the masses. I wouldn't be surprised if Jack monroe gets an OBE even if all she's done is mislead(lie) for attention, line her own pockets and get congrate herself on the number of media appearances.
One of the first checks the honours department does is with HMRC, she won't get past that one at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And, yeah, I'd love to know how they supposedly know that we are all "middle-aged women." Got to love the patronising note there, implying we're somehow jealous of not getting sexual attention and/or bored housewives with nothing else to do
Yes to this a million times. 😖

It’s always implied we are just jealous of those hot, young things (poor, innocent, bullied entrepreneurs that they are). Never that we may have a valid or informed opinion. I do think it also stinks of misogyny in that they brand us ‘middle aged females’ and equate that as meaning we have lower ‘value’, status and are without any good looks or physical appeal. It’s never that maybe we can see through the BS and have intelligence and life experience? No, we are just gnarled old hags, jealous of their pert figures and youthful energy. 🙄

Remember that comment the DM made about being surprised how eloquent (I think) some tattlers were? They wanted to pitch it as though our views are based solely on our insecurities. I don’t think that is the case at all. Personally I think this is a far more informed and balanced site than something like Mumsnet, for example.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Yel

One of the first checks the honours department does is with HMRC, she won't get past that one at the moment.
I thought maybe they enter a negotiation? HMRC are said to do backdoor offers all the time (to a select few).

Isn't there something about the Beckham's tax status standing in the way of another gong?

I think sir Lewis Hamilton got it while being a tax avoiding resident of Monaco.

Reactions: 5
Yes to this a million times. 😖

It’s always implied we are just jealous of those hot, young things (poor, innocent, bullied entrepreneurs that they are). Never that we may have a valid or informed opinion. I do think it also stinks of misogyny in that they brand us ‘middle aged females’ and equate that as meaning we have lower ‘value’, status and are without any good looks or physical appeal. It’s never that maybe we can see through the BS and have intelligence and life experience? No, we are just gnarled old hags, jealous of their pert figures and youthful energy. 🙄

Remember that comment the DM made about being surprised how eloquent (I think) some tattlers were? They wanted to pitch it as though our views are based solely on our insecurities. I don’t think that is the case at all. Personally I think this is a far more informed and balanced site than something like Mumsnet, for example.
I agree. They want people to think that we're unfairly bullying gorgeous young women on TikTok and Insta - as if there's not a whole subforum devoted to "family" influencers (mainly in their 30s-50s) and active threads for plenty of people that aren't young e.g. Nadia Sawalha, Jo Good, Alice Evans. And that we're not only bitter, ugly old crones but also barely literate reactionaries

Reactions: 10
I thought maybe they enter a negotiation? HMRC are said to do backdoor offers all the time (to a select few).

Isn't there something about the Beckham's tax status standing in the way of another gong?

I think sir Lewis Hamilton got it while being a tax avoiding resident of Monaco.
I think the tax status caviate came in relatively recently.
I know there were calls for Gary Barlow to have his OBE taken off him because of it.
I imagine there are exceptions now - they probably look at it on a case by case basis. Sadly.

Reactions: 6

Yel

That book looks like it might just concentrate on the most extreme examples (as is usually the case.) And totally ignore that the whole industry of influencers is pretty rotten.

Then you get people like gleam futures going on about how awful a small percentage of influencers are, how disappointed they are, how hard they work to go above the rules and bla bla bla.

But I guess we'll see when it comes out, channel 4 news have been good at the only place that has ignored jack Monroe's made up crap 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Beckham apparently has been cleared for the Jubilee honours list after an appeal according to the papers so will see. After he said he only did charity work to get a gong I thought that would have ruled him out.

He was also blacklisted for being part of an illegal tax evasion scheme. Being tax resident abroad in itself isn’t illegal.

Reactions: 7
A poster on another thread flagged this article about parasocial relationships from yesterday's Observer. This about Tattle...

"Gossip forums such as the notorious Tattle Life are rife with amateur detectives sleuthing often deeply personal information about influencers that’s hard to justify as being in the public interest, as per the website’s stated raison d’être."

Reactions: 6
hard to justify as being in the public interest, as per the website’s stated raison d’être.
Hey guardian! Where has that ever been stated? It's a gossip forum. Nothing more, nothing less. Some of the stuff is in the public interest, some is tittle tattle as per the name 🤦‍♀️.

I think the guardian lists tattle just to get mentions and get posted here to drive traffic to them. Even though they linked to tattle I can see from the stats for every one that clicked the link from the guardian to here 6 times more clicked the link to go the guardian.

Best to keep all links on this thread and not give them the traffic they're looking for.

Reactions: 17
I‘m guessing they are talking about house sales listings which people here have found? They were allowed in the past but the mods sensibly cracked down and we know you are not allowed to now.

Reactions: 8
I‘m guessing they are talking about house sales listings which people here have found? They were allowed in the past but the mods sensibly cracked down and we know you are not allowed to now.
They've never been allowed and never will. If ones slipped through the net it's imperative people report it. People do get banned instantly for breaking our strict rules on privacy. You get away with that kind of stuff on twitter/ Instagram/ Reddit where even if it's reported they don't remove it. But not here.

It does get frustrating if people talk generally about stuff here when the only way it would of happened is if slipped through all our tools and no one reported. See it, report it.

Reactions: 13
There’s a book out in March by a Channel 4 reporter on influencers as scam artists of the digital age. It promises to expose the ‘fraud, exploitation, bribery and dishonesty at the core of the influencer model’ - let’s hope it delivers.

View attachment 1050405
Too right. Influencers are just them dodgy door to door sales people who would go for elderly homes. This tactic was used as they knew elderly people may be lonely and want conversation and easy to manipulate. It’s no coincidence a lot of influencers demographics are targeted at certain groups of people ie look at me working with primark or pretty little thing, even you peasants can look like me 😐

Reactions: 11
There's plenty of influencers that target kids that nobody gives a second thought to, they're the adults of the future. They'll be growing up with this culture , I never really saw it till I started watching the likes of Morgz ,Jelly etc, people my son watches he just thinks they're scoffing Mcdonald's and breaking iPhones for fun he doesn't realize they're sponsored by these brands and making a fortune from young viewers subbing to them and the money they're collecting from the brands in the process ...shockin !

• Wow
Reactions: 10
speculating on how much her nails cost
The horrors those tattlers get up to! Dark web stuff indeed :rolleyes:

The biggest turning point arguably came in 2020, when the suicide of TV presenter Caroline Flack starkly demonstrated that our actions online can have devastating, real-life consequences.
But her suicide was to do with the Crown Prosecution Service and press intrusion like slashing her tyres outside her house, going by what her family said. If anyone is in a place to speculate on what no one will ever know it's them. How did it demonstrate actions online?

Dazed show their real lack of journalistic integrity by jumping on the disgusting bandwagon that influencers use someone else's suicide as a tool for themselves. And this someone else was in no way similar to insta bints.

Just more influencers and their friends in places trying to smear, thanks for the promo!

Reactions: 16