Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reddit is never spoken about negatively though, I don't use it anymore but some of the things I have seen on the gender forum here from it are just unbelievable and I cannot believe they never seem to receive any criticism
I think the thing with Reddit is that you can't really call it one forum. It's many many forums under one banner. I post mostly on r/unitedkingdom plus some sports subs and some for specific video games, so I dont see any of the nonsense that happens in other spaces there.

Reactions: 3
I think the thing with Reddit is that you can't really call it one forum. It's many many forums under one banner. I post mostly on r/unitedkingdom plus some sports subs and some for specific video games, so I dont see any of the nonsense that happens in other spaces there.
I'd consider subreddits to be comparable to Facebook groups - individual communities that fall under the control of the parent community, but you're more likely to hear people lambasting FB for the content of their groups rather than Reddit for the content of their subreddits.

Reactions: 4
Have there ever been any negative very misleading articles about Mumsnet? I've only seen positive ones that are chucked together usually about some made up crap for attention like man on online dating sends a weird text.

Certainly never seen the onslaught of 100% negative press like tattle gets.

Boys will be boys! Heaven forbid women do the same. Saying that it's not even the same, many sports forums are worse than here.
Justine is in The Times today, moaning about freedom of speech.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
true, but I still think the moderators there don't remove things /whole threads that they definitely should, meanwhile they get rid of anything gender critical etc

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hadn’t even thought about why she registered, 100% she has been commenting here 😂. Any new accounts that seem to be fishing for gossip? 😂
A few days ago there was a new user on the secret celeb gossip thread that asked for sex rumours about Holly Willoughby. I thought it was such a creepy first post.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
The thing that annoys me is when these articles talk about how even 'small' or 'tiny' or 'inconsequential' influencers are on Tattle - they deliberately never mention the 10,000 followers rule.

Reactions: 10
Daily Mail commentators are almost exclusively pitchfork wielding, brexit voting, white, straight middle aged and older little Englanders who have no critical thinking skills whatsoever. The embarrassing uncle who gets drunk at a family do and shouts expletives about foreigners. I remember reading an article on Mail online once about diversity in the media and the top comments are all about how white straight males are a minority on the telly and how you never see them on tv or in films anymore :rolleyes: Deluded and thick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I remember reading an article on Mail online once about diversity in the media and the top comments are all about how white straight males are a minority on the telly and how you never see them on tv or in films anymore :rolleyes: Deluded and thick.
Yeah, their current dogwhistle seems to be so called "forced diversity" :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Daily Mail commentators are almost exclusively pitchfork wielding, brexit voting, white, straight middle aged and older little Englanders who have no critical thinking skills whatsoever. The embarrassing uncle who gets drunk at a family do and shouts expletives about foreigners. I remember reading an article on Mail online once about diversity in the media and the top comments are all about how white straight males are a minority on the telly and how you never see them on tv or in films anymore :rolleyes: Deluded and thick.
Sounds like an ex-colleague who used to show me his comments 🤦🏼‍♀️ He was so hard done by 🤢

Reactions: 4
Well Daily mail commentators might not be very popular on this thread (and in some cases I can understand why), but you should see the comments left under this article! 👌 pure gold!

"CLARE FOGES logs on to Tattle Life...and is stunned by the vitriol"

Honestly it serves the Daily Mail right (for trying to bait people)! :D Let's just say it massively backfired!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The article was odd because it didn’t appear on the app and I saw posts on various threads of people saying they couldn’t see it on the daily fail website later in the day. It seems in most cases you had to either search for it or read it via an outbound link from here.

So the daily fail didn’t want people to read it. Which tallies with the low number of comments on it. (Only 300 odd).

My guess is that given the timing of the Bot Sentinel report on trolling and the fact it was under embargo (so the DM had time to plan something) this article was meant to serve as SEO bait should someone Google “daily Mail trolling” or maybe even just “trolling” and look at news results it would rank highly. What Bot Sentinel report? People being paid for campaigns of targeted harassment? Sshhh, look over here at all this *gossip*

And/or - should there be another select committee on trolling and the DM is asked they can point to the article and say they’ve reported on it and take it seriously. Tattle becomes the fall guy again.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nothing annoys and amuses me more than white, straight middle aged men whinging about being discriminated against 😂 Like please!

Reactions: 12
Sali Hughes initially started mouthing off about mumsnet, she said pretty much the same about them as she did about tattle. Amanda Holden also had a good go at them. Tattle has simply overtaken MN in the most hated witches online competition.

Reactions: 14
Sali Hughes initially started mouthing off about mumsnet, she said pretty much the same about them as she did about tattle. Amanda Holden also had a good go at them. Tattle has simply overtaken MN in the most hated witches online competition.
But we are wittier than MN 😛

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Haven't properly read this thread back, apologies, but I saw this and <Carrie Bradshaw face> it made me wonder .... Are we really so different, you and I? And then I thought duck ye I'm different, I don't go after the actually talented, even though god knows Adele annoys me for various reasons, but also .... we're not nasty for the sake of it (and the 💵). Something to think about!
Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 22.21.02.png

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 22.23.05.png

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Has there been any other press articles that referred to us as a coven of witches ? ...genuine question .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7