Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean the black face thing was always unacceptable, they just can’t ignore black and ally voices anymore.

Derek was rightly criticised when it came out, and RG is a bleep?
I never found Little Britain funny so never paid much attention to it, but I remember around the same time The Mighty Boosh, which I love, had an episode with "the spirit of jazz" which uses blackface, I didn't even think about it at the time, which really shocks me now

Reactions: 8
I never found Little Britain funny so never paid much attention to it, but I remember around the same time The Mighty Boosh, which I love, had an episode with "the spirit of jazz" which uses blackface, I didn't even think about it at the time, which really shocks me now
Not sure if it was Twitter or tattle but apparently NF has/had a penchant for teenage girls too. :/

I remember liking what I saw of the Mighty Boosh back in the day, haven’t watched the whole thing through so defs didn’t see the black face! 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Not sure if it was Twitter or tattle but apparently NF has/had a penchant for teenage girls too. :/

I remember liking what I saw of the Mighty Boosh back in the day, haven’t watched the whole thing through so defs didn’t see the black face! 😬
god are there any men who aren't perverts?? :sick:
It is strange as I wouldn't have even remembered it as it wasn't one of my favourite episodes and, like you, I haven't seen it in ages, I think it was taken down from the streaming services it is on

Reactions: 6
Mighty Boosh had that guy who dressed as a gorilla. Perhaps that might be seen as speciesism to apes in a few years. Maybe that's not as far-fetched as we might think.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Virtually every pre-2010 episode of TV on BBC iPlayer has a warning come up about 'some people might find the following content offensive' 🙄 I would say I'm a fairly 'woke' person but I do find myself thinking "its political correctness gone mad" 😂 I sound like a 50 year old BNP member 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mighty Boosh had that guy who dressed as a gorilla. Perhaps that might be seen as speciesism to apes in a few years. Maybe that's not as far-fetched as we might think.
This is willfully obtuse sorry - and sure the choice of animal you’re choosing to compare this to is no coincidence.

Google about the history of black face, it’s appalling and had no place on TV in Britain ever much less in the last few decades.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Virtually every pre-2010 episode of TV on BBC iPlayer has a warning come up about 'some people might find the following content offensive' 🙄 I would say I'm a fairly 'woke' person but I do find myself thinking "its political correctness gone mad" 😂 I sound like a 50 year old BNP member 😂
The new Beatles documentary on Disney has a warning that comes up before it’s shown that it contains people smoking or depictions of tobacco or something equally daft.

I’m a bit torn on the whole thing, tbh. It’s an (interesting) debate all on its own

Reactions: 1
This is willfully obtuse sorry - and sure the choice of animal you’re choosing to compare this to is no coincidence.

Google about the history of black face, it’s appalling and had no place on TV in Britain ever much less in the last few decades.
To be honest, it was just a throwaway funny comment. Sorry it if came across wrong. I wasn't intending to put down the objections to blackface.

Reactions: 2
To be honest, it was just a throwaway funny comment. Sorry it if came across wrong. I wasn't intending to put down the objections to blackface.
Thank you - didn’t want to shut down convo as it’s not my place and Fran is so right it is really interesting to talk about, but there’s defs a difference between the undeniably unacceptable and harmful black face or anti homosexuality hate and like… smoking or referring to pregnant women not pregnant people 🤐 as has all recently kicked off on Twitter lol.

The re incarnation of SATC will be suuuch an interesting watch for exactly this convo !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
it's kinda troubling to me that the trailer includes footage of a trans rights march and a blm protest alongside footage of actual rioting and hooliganism

it's also striking me that lots of the people involved have history of picking on other people on twitter, so it feels like they're really saying "don't look behind the curtain! we are the real victims! we cannot be questioned!"
Yeah, it's been discussed in the Sali Hughes thread a lot but she was rather mean in the early days of twitter - the days she and the blue tick brigate look back on fondly.

Reactions: 4
Bit late to the show but I know that after one of Skinner and Baddiel’s tours, they gave a present to everyone who worked on it.

It was a signed photo of the two of them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Hilarious 😆. Maybe it's just me, but back in the 90s the internet or the information superhighway as it was usually refered to was called the future, although there were lots of luddites. The Bowie clip I think is given too much credit, I remember having dial up AOL back then and the first thing many did when they got home from school was go online although there was only a handful of people "online" per class.

I do wonder what Sali Hughes will say. This is the woman that loved bitching about other people and targeting them @ 10 years ago on twitter. But calls tattle a horrific new invention 🙄

sali-hughes-celeb-tweets.png
sali-hughes-old-celeb-tweets.png
sali-hughes-dianne-abbott.png
1sali-hughes-katy-price.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Apparently David Baddiel was on 5 Live moaning about Tattle this morning :rolleyes:
I haven't listened so don't know what he said.
Is he ever going to branch out at all? Or is his career now solely Trolls?

He is edging closely towards having his own thread - but I think it would make him too happy. Self absorbed twerp.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I doubt his show is even going to get a one page thread in TV here seeing how basic it's going to be.

Just had a quick listen and around 49 he names tattle and says it's given sali hughes PTSD - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0012g9k
Dear David Baddiel,

Thanks for the extra traffic, ad revenue and subscribers to call out more and more of your shady, unethical, false narrative creating peers.

Love from Tattle xxx

PS your show is tit and you were never that funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
PS your show is tit and you were never that funny.
Yeah it's strange the way he suddenly got so much less funny after Rob Newman decided that he couldn't stand him either, Rob was always ahead of the curve, bless him. And I had the same thought about all the new people coming to have a peek themselves at tattle instead of taking the blue tickers' word for it.

Reactions: 11
Sometimes you hear one thing about someone that turns you off them for ever. My mum read an interview with David B in the 90s and it went along the lines of he bullied a boy at school or used him in his comedy to illustrate a dick head and in later years at one of his gigs he saw the boy's sister who said " you didn't know at the time our mum was dying of cancer" and he said " we did know" she, my mum, never forgot as it made her hate him for ever.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23