Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I meet the journalist Sali Hughes, whose very body language, defensive and vulnerable, speaks of how terrorised she has been by a group of haters dedicated just to her on the dragging site Tattle Life.

Terrorised seems a tad over the top, I don't think anyone is particularly dedicated to her. It's mainly ex memebers of her groups talking about her shocking levels of hypocrisy and dishonesty. Comments were disabled from her column and that's generally the best bit of many online publications.

He thinks his docu will lead to an outpouring of online anger, meh it's more like to give me indifference if the reviews about the content are accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
‘Everyone is on stage to a possible mass audience now all the time, and as someone who has spent a fair amount of time on stage, I can promise you that that in itself changes what you say and how you decide to say it.’

This bit of the article is interesting to me. He was always on stage, but now everyone can have a ‘platform’ and a right to reply. The thing is though - he and the people he interviewed still have a far larger platform than the people on these sites or Twitter or elsewhere. I don’t think the size of your ‘platform’ excuses abuse, but where is that line drawn? Should there be nowhere to discuss what we see from people with those larger platforms? I wonder whether the documentary will mention that the influencer world can be damaging to people consuming it too, that somehow illumination on the influencer industry can help people struggling with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I meet the journalist Sali Hughes, whose very body language, defensive and vulnerable, speaks of how terrorised she has been by a group of haters dedicated just to her on the dragging site Tattle Life.

Terrorised seems a tad over the top, I don't think anyone is particularly dedicated to her. It's mainly ex memebers of her groups talking about her shocking levels of hypocrisy and dishonesty. Comments were disabled from her column and that's generally the best bit of many online publications.

He thinks his docu will lead to an outpouring of online anger, meh it's more like to give me indifference if the reviews about the content are accurate.

"terrorised" is the kind of language you would use for someone like Criado Perez who got grotesque death threats online, or JK Rowling whose personal address was doxxed, not for someone online on a site she doesn't have to read complaining that she doesn't disclose freebies or botox. Jesus wept.

Reactions: 14
online on a site she doesn't have to read complaining that she doesn't disclose freebies or botox. Jesus wept.
Replace terrorised with critiqued on the content the writer and social media influencer chooses to make public and it takes on a very different meaning.

Should there be nowhere to discuss what we see from people with those larger platforms?
Of course not, tattle life should be shut down for allowing the little people an opinion on those in positions of power and influence. The mental health of celebs is more important than members of the public. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 14
‘Everyone is on stage to a possible mass audience now all the time, and as someone who has spent a fair amount of time on stage, I can promise you that that in itself changes what you say and how you decide to say it.’

This bit of the article is interesting to me. He was always on stage, but now everyone can have a ‘platform’ and a right to reply. The thing is though - he and the people he interviewed still have a far larger platform than the people on these sites or Twitter or elsewhere. I don’t think the size of your ‘platform’ excuses abuse, but where is that line drawn? Should there be nowhere to discuss what we see from people with those larger platforms? I wonder whether the documentary will mention that the influencer world can be damaging to people consuming it too, that somehow illumination on the influencer industry can help people struggling with it.
This is the crux of it. The blueticks hate the plebs talking back to them and pointing out their hypocrisy and bullshit.

David Baddiel hates people shoving his own racist trolling which the media gave him a platform for right back at him. He has zero of value to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is the crux of it. The blueticks hate the plebs talking back to them and pointing out their hypocrisy and bullshit.

David Baddiel hates people shoving his own racist trolling which the media gave him a platform for right back at him. He has zero of value to say.
The idiotic part of it all is that we aren't talking back to them publicly, we are on a smallish (rapidly growing) website where interaction with the person you are discussing is prohibited. I'm not in the UK so can't access the prgramme via the website 😢

Reactions: 10
The idiotic part of it all is that we aren't talking back to them publicly, we are on a smallish (rapidly growing) website where interaction with the person you are discussing is prohibited. I'm not in the UK so can't access the prgramme via the website 😢
exactly, no one is commenting on her twitter/instagram or whatever, don't be so narcissistic to google your own name and it is not an issue

Reactions: 13
don't be so narcissistic to google your own name and it is not an issue
Yep. Stop evesdropping on our conversations. What other people think of you is none of your business and all that.

Reactions: 16
Exactly this. I spent a few years working in a connected part of a well known national broadcaster and honestly, the sense of entitlement and "don't dare question me" among the 'talent' was unreal. Everything from passive aggressive emails if you dared question them, through to actually being blocked if you weren't in their little coven. They bleeping hate anyone that they think is below them having a voice, hence the West London media in-crowd always looking for a way to poke at Tattle because the little people can hold them to account. And we should be curtseying as they waft past....... 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes, I exactly! I copied this line before I'd even caught up with comments here -
"One clear effect, for example, that happens when you put everyone in contact with each other is that everyone isn’t just conversing any more: they are broadcasting."
Heaven forfend that anyone other than the anointed ones should broadcast their opinions! Leave that to the Big Boys. David Baddiel is not just a lot less clever than he thinks he is - he's actually incredibly stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly this. I spent a few years working in a connected part of a well known national broadcaster and honestly, the sense of entitlement and "don't dare question me" among the 'talent' was unreal. Everything from passive aggressive emails if you dared question them, through to actually being blocked if you weren't in their little coven. They bleeping hate anyone that they think is below them having a voice, hence the West London media in-crowd always looking for a way to poke at Tattle because the little people can hold them to account. And we should be curtseying as they waft past....... 🤣
Yes - ideally David Baddiel, Sali Hughes, Caitlin Moran etc see SM as their exclusive domain. Where they can have conversations about other people and topics as rudely and offensively as they like, and show off. When a pleb has the temerity to say 'er that is wrong', they can be turned on and called a troll.
Tattle is not a 'hate' site. Most people are just pissed off or amused at their idiocy, and instead of directly contacting them write their thoughts here.
I am still baffled why Sali Hughes, with tens of thousands of fawning fans, apparently has PTSD from a handful of people questioning her botox use and laughing at her hair.
Still it is amusing Baddiel keeps naming Tattle. Guaranteeing many more people will come here and see the truth. Thanks Dave (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes - ideally David Baddiel, Sali Hughes, Caitlin Moran etc see SM as their exclusive domain. Where they can have conversations about other people and topics as rudely and offensively as they like, and show off. When a pleb has the temerity to say 'er that is wrong', they can be turned on and called a troll.
Tattle is not a 'hate' site. Most people are just pissed off or amused at their idiocy, and instead of directly contacting them write their thoughts here.
I am still baffled why Sali Hughes, with tens of thousands of fawning fans, apparently has PTSD from a handful of people questioning her botox use and laughing at her hair.
Still it is amusing Baddiel keeps naming Tattle. Guaranteeing many more people will come here and see the truth. Thanks Dave (y)
I wonder if he has even looked at Tattle, anyone that does surely couldn't beliebe it is a "hate" site, what kind of hate site has a rave about section ffs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I wonder if he has even looked at Tattle, anyone that does surely couldn't beliebe it is a "hate" site, what kind of hate site has a rave about section ffs :ROFLMAO:
and one of the most supportive pregnancy threads!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is like an hour-long Chris Morris sketch lmao, it's the dangers of CAKE only it's the internet they're chatting about

• Haha
Reactions: 15
this doc's a right mess. you could get a full hour out of each issue raised here

obviously, those people didn't deserve to have their car torched, but what is the connection with trolls? where is the proof that it was perpetrated by tiktok commenters?

db doesn't like to be reminded he's racist, does he?

oh, here we gooo! here's sali!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10