Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks utterly predictable.

Ahaha, there is no evidence what so ever that it was internet trolls that burned their house down. First of all it’s not even his house, it belongs to his mrs parents, secondly Nick smithy is an absolute con artist! He has had trouble in the past from people who claim he owes them thousands of pounds because he ripped them off with dodgy car deals.
At no point did the police ever say that the fire was tiktok trolling related, so the fact he is actually going on TV saying it was is just ridiculous lmao.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Ahaha, there is no evidence what so ever that it was internet trolls that burned their house down. First of all it’s not even his house, it belongs to his mrs parents, secondly Nick smithy is an absolute con artist! He has had trouble in the past from people who claim he owes them thousands of pounds because he ripped them off with dodgy car deals.
At no point did the police ever say that the fire was tiktok trolling related, so the fact he is actually going on TV saying it was is just ridiculous lmao.
But typical of people like David Baddiel who pretend to be intellectual to just suck up whatever line he is fed, as long as it fits his agenda. No fact checking at all.

@PineappleQueen19 that twitter thread is an eye-opener isn't it? David Baddiel really is a ghastly man. The racism, plus awful comments about young girls :sick:

Reactions: 12
Baddiel trolled Jason Lee for years ....every week on a national TV show and even had a song that rival fans would sing at the player week in week out for years. (I think Jason Lee even came out in last few years and said that it had a massive effect on his mental health ** I'm not 100% sure on that).
Nice of him him to come down off his high horse and create a doc to educate us all.

• Sad
  • Angry

Yel

I'm not sure I can even be bothered to watch it, Sali Hughes will spout off her same old one sided story totally unchallenged (it would crumble with a tiny bit of fact checking).

Seems very unwise to pass blame to "trolls" for an arson investigation that's unsolved. You'd think they'd stick to the police facts, but the trailer has showed they won't.

I gather baddiel used to present a football show where they insulted and ridiculed players. But that's all allowed, boys will be boys and men are allowed bants 🙄

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Baddiel trolled Jason Lee for years ....every week on a national TV show and even had a song that rival fans would sing at the player week in week out for years. (I think Jason Lee even came out in last few years and said that it had a massive effect on his mental health ** I'm not 100% sure on that).
Nice of him him to come down off his high horse and create a doc to educate us all.
I remember that, it was so nasty. I wouldn’t blame Lee for being upset by it. It was never funny and got old very quickly.

It’s so frustrating that David Baddiel is doing this, I’m sure there’s good points to be made but it sounds like it won’t happen in this documentary. In a similar way, I’m glad he’s highlighting antisemitism, but I wish it was someone else doing it instead, so that it would be taken as seriously as it deserves to be.

Reactions: 10
I remember that, it was so nasty. I wouldn’t blame Lee for being upset by it. It was never funny and got old very quickly.

It’s so frustrating that David Baddiel is doing this, I’m sure there’s good points to be made but it sounds like it won’t happen in this documentary. In a similar way, I’m glad he’s highlighting antisemitism, but I wish it was someone else doing it instead, so that it would be taken as seriously as it deserves to be.
I find this with a lot of documentaries like this, I would rather an expert/journalist etc to do it not a comedian

• Heart
“If I’m rude about them it’s satire, if they’re rude about me it’s abuse” is so spot on
He always punches down too on twitter. Some random person with about 10 followers will say something relatively mild and silly eg 'when was Baddiel last funny' (a comment most would ignore obviously) and he takes pride in retweeting, going through the poster's time line to find something personal about them to attack them with, call them a c*nt and encourage a pile on.
How does he not get this is bullying and trolling behaviour?
Ghastly individual.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
it's kinda troubling to me that the trailer includes footage of a trans rights march and a blm protest alongside footage of actual rioting and hooliganism

it's also striking me that lots of the people involved have history of picking on other people on twitter, so it feels like they're really saying "don't look behind the curtain! we are the real victims! we cannot be questioned!"

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know nothing about him tbh, googling randomgly and this is one of the first things that came up
so many random things thrown together, so asian people are genetically better at running shops?

• Wow
  • Sad
I know nothing about him tbh, googling randomgly and this is one of the first things that came up
so many random things thrown together, so asian people are genetically better at running shops?
Wow. So this was published in 1999, he was 35 years old, he’s a former Cambridge student, and somehow he was acting like he doesn’t understand why racial stereotyping of any kind is a bad thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Wow. So this was published in 1999, he was 35 years old, he’s a former Cambridge student, and somehow he was acting like he doesn’t understand why racial stereotyping of any kind is a bad thing.
What the hell?
He really has cornered a market in appearing to be intellectual when his thoughts are at best juvenile, and at worst grim and offensive. 'Blacks' are better at boxing than white people? His dodgy racist opinions just get worse the more you dig.
But yes have him fronting a programme about hate. Brilliant.

What the hell?
He really has cornered a market in appearing to be intellectual when his thoughts are at best juvenile, and at worst grim and offensive. 'Blacks' are better at boxing than white people? His dodgy racist opinions just get worse the more you dig.
But yes have him fronting a programme about hate. Brilliant.
he has the standard bojo type confidence that allows them to somehow argue insane things and seem intelligent. Just awful

is there a way to download this article before the guardian (inevitablly) take it down? I am totally technologically inept

Reactions: 4
I don’t think I’ll watch this, I used to like David Baddiel but this is just going to piss me off. That Guardian article is ridiculous, he has prejudices and assumptions thrown at him all the time for being Jewish and he wrote that! As has been mentioned above - you can’t pick on me, I can only pick on you.

Yel

Watching the trailer again and it's almost like satire. Saying we're living in an age of anger, when in the history of humanity now is probably one of the most peaceful times. I wonder if the BBC will edit out the trans rights stuff now that's had a twitter backlash?

Tattle itself constantly faces threats to it's existence. I totally get why some people may find it problematic as it's built on people who blur the line between their personal and private life to make money. But why is the answer never better regulation for influencers? It's always shut down tattle. When that's unlikely to happen and even if it did people talking about those that broadcast themselves publicly won't stop.

he has the standard bojo type confidence that allows them to somehow argue insane things and seem intelligent. Just awful

is there a way to download this article before the guardian (inevitablly) take it down? I am totally technologically inept
Here - https://archive.md/m8T2q

I tend to archive press articles of tattle to not give publishers the clicks (at least from here).

I find this with a lot of documentaries like this, I would rather an expert/journalist etc to do it not a comedian
I think with the level of documentary making the BBC has consistently shown in recent years even if it wasn't fronted by a entertainment face I don't think it would be impartial and honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 17