Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t suppose anyone saw cancelled on c4? Can’t get it on demand and wondered if sites would have been mentioned.

Reactions: 2
Don’t suppose anyone saw cancelled on c4? Can’t get it on demand and wondered if sites would have been mentioned.
Someone mentioned it in the gneder threat, I wanted to watch, annoyed it is not on catchup

Yel

I think channel 4 are still having lots of technical issues, they seem to be in a bit of a mess since that sprinkler went off a couple of months ago!

Baddiel trolled Jason Lee for years ....every week on a national TV show and even had a song that rival fans would sing at the player week in week out for years. (I think Jason Lee even came out in last few years and said that it had a massive effect on his mental health ** I'm not 100% sure on that).
Nice of him him to come down off his high horse and create a doc to educate us all.
True. Whatever criticism you can make of Tattle no one here has used blackface and grotesque racial stereotypes to abuse a black person.

Reactions: 13
This is what he does quite often when the black face issue is raised - accuses the person of anti semitism and minimises it all - 'one sketch' (even though one is one too many).

Eb08EOfX0AAqWog.jpeg

I have been reading about his comedy gigs - common practice for him to make jokes about Anne Diamond and her baby who died from cot death.
Why don't his blue tick luvvie chums ask him about that? Or was it different back then? Funny how dreadful bullying a few years ago was always different :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Baddiel trolled Jason Lee for years ....every week on a national TV show and even had a song that rival fans would sing at the player week in week out for years. (I think Jason Lee even came out in last few years and said that it had a massive effect on his mental health ** I'm not 100% sure on that).
Nice of him him to come down off his high horse and create a doc to educate us all.
There was a documentary about it earlier this year. If memory serves correct it was from the BBC news channel about Sportsmens' mental health, especially footballers.
Jason Lee was interviewed and he said it did affect his mental health but his coping strategy was to ignore it. They also interviewed the footballer who Nick Hancock ripped the piss out of every week on 'They think it's all over' (I can't remember his name)
He was really brave talking about how it nearly ruined him and he still has therapy now. They also interviewed Hancock who was extremely apologetic and said he had no idea his actions would cause pain.
Baddiel and Skinner showed no remorse.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
There was a documentary about it earlier this year. If memory serves correct it was from the BBC news channel about Sportsmens' mental health, especially footballers.
So the BBC did a documentary about the harm they were complicit in (by broadcasting blackface in the late 1990s). Would be nice if they too could acknowledge their part in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find it amazing that some people can get 'cancelled' for something that seem utterly trivial yet others plough on despite their actions.

Reactions: 16
I find it amazing that some people can get 'cancelled' for something that seem utterly trivial yet others plough on despite their actions.
There really seems to be no logic in it does there?!

Reactions: 7
Connections, dahlink! (ie the ones who get away with it all went to public school and/or are related to the higher-ups. The media, especially, seems to be completely ruled by a toxic mix of classism and nepotism).

Reactions: 14
Connections, dahlink! (ie the ones who get away with it all went to public school and/or are related to the higher-ups. The media, especially, seems to be completely ruled by a toxic mix of classism and nepotism).
Very true. They all seem to know each other. And oddly there also seems to be a sort of untouchable clique who all got chummy on twitter a few years ago (when it was smaller and before the great unwashed got their mitts on it). Sali Hughes, Caitlin Moran, India Knight :sick: and yes David Baddiel amongst many others formed networks/friendships through it.
I think it is why they are all so misty eyed about social media *back then*. How much kinder and nicer it was, when they could all behave terribly and get very little criticism for it.
One of the reasons they all hate Tattle so much 😂 They could all s l ag people off, such fun! But do it here and it is bullying and trolling.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think it is why they are all so misty eyed about social media *back then*. How much kinder and nicer it was, when they could all behave terribly and get very little criticism for it.
Yeah that kind of chat is dripping in classism. But also there's a kind of nervousness about it, because many of the people who critique them are just demonstrably more clever than they are, and I'm sure they see that. They find it harder and harder to conceal their hypocrisies when folk outwith the inner circle start commenting. It's great!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Very true. They all seem to know each other. And oddly there also seems to be a sort of untouchable clique who all got chummy on twitter a few years ago (when it was smaller and before the great unwashed got their mitts on it). Sali Hughes, Caitlin Moran, India Knight :sick: and yes David Baddiel amongst many others formed networks/friendships through it.
One of the reasons they all hate Tattle so much 😂 They could all s l ag people off, such fun! But do it here and it is bullying and trolling.
I love this, I don't know if people here are in the Giles Coren thread but this is just...

Reactions: 8
Clearly they're all in the "secret society" that Tattle-exposed scammer Sarah Akwisombe alludes to in this beauty of a twitter rant 🤣🤣🤣

chrome_screenshot_1638713577849.png
chrome_screenshot_1638713696490.png

Do they have a secret handshake? Maybe a password? Is there some metropolitan West London hangout they all go to thar has one of those little letterbox openings to check their identity before admission? 🤷‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So the BBC did a documentary about the harm they were complicit in (by broadcasting blackface in the late 1990s). Would be nice if they too could acknowledge their part in it.
They were still airing blackface in the 2000s and possibly 2010s with David Walliam’s and the other bloke’s show!

Clearly they're all in the "secret society" that Tattle-exposed scammer Sarah Akwisombe alludes to in this beauty of a twitter rant 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 906750View attachment 906751

Do they have a secret handshake? Maybe a password? Is there some metropolitan West London hangout they all go to thar has one of those little letterbox openings to check their identity before admission? 🤷‍♀️🤣
She wasn’t cancelled for not being woke enough, she was literally scamming women SMB owners!

Reactions: 7
It's weird how stuff from less than twenty years ago is now becoming unacceptable and non-politically correct. I wonder how time will view, say, Derek by Ricky Gervais?

Reactions: 4
It's weird how stuff from less than twenty years ago is now becoming unacceptable and non-politically correct. I wonder how time will view, say, Derek by Ricky Gervais?
I mean the black face thing was always unacceptable, they just can’t ignore black and ally voices anymore.

Derek was rightly criticised when it came out, and RG is a bleep?

• Heart
Reactions: 10