Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read the DM article, thought it was quite interesting and maybe will help wake some people up to the ridiculousness of influencer-dom

Reactions: 9
Imagine going to an event and being handed a wrist band that shows how many followers you have to the other attendees (as talked about in the article). That is straight out of the Black Mirror playbook
If it was Black Mirror it would be a smart watch with a live follower count, and if it went below a certain amount you got taken away, never to be seen again 🤣

• Haha
Is this MoD putting the feelers out for some sort of attempt at redemption and a come back I wonder? 🤔
100% as comments are asking, why publish this now years later? The mail is known for doing loads of undisclosed paid articles

Reactions: 3
100% as comments are asking, why publish this now years later? The mail is known for doing loads of undisclosed paid articles
She’s just had her NMC hearing + the 40 page .pdf has just been publicly listed. A lot of convo around her is happening online.

I don’t think she’ll come back and they don’t have money to heat their house or feed their kids according to FOD so doubt they’re doing PR bits, especially now. She should have engaged someone when it happened and they wouldn’t have fumbled it all.

Reactions: 6
It is dreadfully written, to me it felt like one of those bot articles! But I do think it might bring more people to tattle, even just to find out what aliceinwanderlust posted!
L

Reactions: 7
Another article. Was behind a paywall.
And it is easy to see how Tattle could make you lose perspective. The site was set up in 2018 and allows users to discuss public figures, notably influencers. When we live in a world where our eyeballs are commodified, it follows that those eyeballs feel some ownership over the figures making money from them.
I don't think this is quite on the mark. It's not that tattlers feel they have ownership of these people, I think it's more that influencers have lost ownership of their own life by turning it into a commodity.

But it's a lot more of a nuanced article than we usually get. Even if it is also mostly crap, like that Australian woman pretending she's using a PI to find hundreds of people as an intimidation tactic :LOL:

Reactions: 12
I don't think this is quite on the mark. It's not that tattlers feel they have ownership of these people, I think it's more that influencers have lost ownership of their own life by turning it into a commodity.
I agree, as has even said "traditional " celebrities have traded on some kind of talent or skill and been debated in newspaper/magazines etc. Wi5h obvious advertising. Influencers just selling their personal lives and using them to advertise then complaining about this is just ridiculous. We all know traditional ads were paid by companies but influencers have traded on it being a personL recommendation which is far from the truth

Reactions: 8
like that Australian woman pretending she's using a PI to find hundreds of people as an intimidation tactic :LOL:
That's taking 🍉 to a new level!

And also, I've mentioned it before, but a lot of this kind of influencer stuff reminds me of the Conor Oberst lyric "went on the hunt for fame and fortune / picked up the trail just fine / now everywhere I go the doors fly open / but I want out when I'm inside", in the sense that I think people eventually realise that it's not worth the hassle

Last edited:
  • Heart
No idea who they are but apparently we’ve made their lives a misery 😂 I’m not sure if he’s trying to pin all those incidents on tattlers but it’s all a bit far fetched and attention seeking.

Reactions: 5
No idea who they are but apparently we’ve made their lives a misery 😂 I’m not sure if he’s trying to pin all those incidents on tattlers but it’s all a bit far fetched and attention seeking.
Oh duck off nick cunting smith, this guy literally begged for gofundme donations after his gaff caught fire and then spent the entire 50k raised by his followers on a bleeping jetski. Also lmfao how is he coming for tattle when his thread is dry af and 99% of the criticism he got was from his own followers after they realized he’d scammed them?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Oh duck off nick cunting smith, this guy literally begged for gofundme donations after his gaff caught fire and then spent the entire 50k raised by his followers on a bleeping jetski. Also lmfao how is he coming for tattle when his thread is dry af and 99% of the criticism he got was from his own followers after they realized he’d scammed them?

They all love to tattle name drop lol , why was his house burned down? Gambling debts?

Reactions: 3
They all love to tattle name drop lol , why was his house burned down? Gambling debts?
As awful as it is that was my first thought too - he’s obviously a bleep if someone’s setting alight to his car knowing kids are in the house.

This whole GFM 👉🏻👈🏻🥹poor me🥹👉🏻👈🏻 tit really disarms people from a bit of critical thinking. £47k is both too much money to give someone and not enough - no one needs you to raise that for them when they should have buildings insurance, and secondly the level of damage a fire would cause would cost far more than £47k? Their house will be worth at least half a mil, how many people donating are sat in equivalent properties? Mental.

Reactions: 10
I do wonder how many influencers actually read Tattle at least. Obviously we know that a couple have posted here (openly or not).

I do wonder how many influencers actually read Tattle at least. Obviously we know that a couple have posted here (openly or not).
They are all so vain, i believe 90% influencers reads their own threads at least…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wonder how many people have joined Tattle after it was mentioned in the press again.

Surely people read the articles, curiosity gets the better of them & then they end up becoming a member.

As awful as it is that was my first thought too - he’s obviously a bleep if someone’s setting alight to his car knowing kids are in the house.

This whole GFM 👉🏻👈🏻🥹poor me🥹👉🏻👈🏻 tit really disarms people from a bit of critical thinking. £47k is both too much money to give someone and not enough - no one needs you to raise that for them when they should have buildings insurance, and secondly the level of damage a fire would cause would cost far more than £47k? Their house will be worth at least half a mil, how many people donating are sat in equivalent properties? Mental.
We have a lot of racketeering where I’m from and that’s exactly the action they take for unpaid debts, I notice the police received a threat concerning him there’s usually a codeword used in that instance for them to take it seriously, it points to somebody with a gripe although it reads like it’s tattlers to blame for these things, he’s already stated where he’s living after saying he had to keep moving to get away from these people 🥴…GFM’s are such easy money there should be tighter controls on them they’re so open to abuse.

Reactions: 8
They are all so vain, i believe 90% influencers reads their own threads at least…
There are at least a couple whose threads I follow here where it is completely obvious as they almost directly reply to criticism 🤣

• Haha
Well, quite a few people who knew him personally came out and talked about how he used to sell cars and screwed a bunch of people over and was in loads of debt etc. he has always claimed it was because of tiktok trolls though. I don’t believe it for one second.
His house wasn’t even that badly damaged either, they set fire to his car and it caused some smoke damage to the house but there was no structural damage whatsoever. In fact the house didn’t even belong to him iirc, it belonged to his MIL. Either way, he has milked this situation (which happened 2 years ago now) for all it’s worth though, last year he was on a documentary with David Baddiel about tiktok trolling and everything 💀