Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
The TTC and miscarriage threads on here have helped me so much. I would have nowhere else to turn to talk to so many people in such depth about it all. I hate how it gets tarnished as something only negative, and I’m sure some of these critics would also find those threads helpful if they were affected by those things.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Django

VIP Member
I don't understand how the murder of Sir David Amess keeps getting conflated with Tattle, his dreadful death had nothing to do with anonymity on-line?

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Tattle has a bad name because people can’t cope with the fact that people can and will have opinions and are free to make comments regardless of how mean they are. It also annoys people that people on tattle have the balls to say what most people are thinking and voice their opinion regardless of how controversial without having people down their throat.

It’s also respectful in a way where no one will bad mouth celebrities or online personalities children (guru gossip and you talk trash I am looking at you) and if someone did they’d be told off. I also found in other forums I used to be in targeted harassment of other members was a norm and moderators would turn a blind eye to it or even partake in it. Users on here are very kind and can have a discussion without smashing their keyboards foaming at the mouth because someone has a differing opinion.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
As I have just said in the Jac Jossa thread, I have found this to be one of the most inclusive and supportive corners of the internet - an example being the Nikki Grahame thread.

A lot of what is said here is truth, and when things are taken too far they are swiftly dealt with. If you are an influencer and you know that you are not thick skinned enough to read negative opinions of yourself - stay away. It’s really that easy. If you’re going to live your life in the public domain you have to expect that some people will have negative opinions or not agree with everything that you do. That’s life.

• Heart
And, yeah, I'd love to know how they supposedly know that we are all "middle-aged women." Got to love the patronising note there, implying we're somehow jealous of not getting sexual attention and/or bored housewives with nothing else to do
Yes to this a million times. 😖

It’s always implied we are just jealous of those hot, young things (poor, innocent, bullied entrepreneurs that they are). Never that we may have a valid or informed opinion. I do think it also stinks of misogyny in that they brand us ‘middle aged females’ and equate that as meaning we have lower ‘value’, status and are without any good looks or physical appeal. It’s never that maybe we can see through the BS and have intelligence and life experience? No, we are just gnarled old hags, jealous of their pert figures and youthful energy. 🙄

Remember that comment the DM made about being surprised how eloquent (I think) some tattlers were? They wanted to pitch it as though our views are based solely on our insecurities. I don’t think that is the case at all. Personally I think this is a far more informed and balanced site than something like Mumsnet, for example.

• Heart
  • Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
*puts stick in spokes, falls off bike, blames tattle meme*

These people with very dodgy pasts, debts and enemies IRL suddenly blame people who at worst are bitchy. We ban people that actually troll influencers on their feed or come here with hateful posts.

Stephanie Davies is on about police and eye pee addresses tracing people here, sure hun. It's kinda frustrating still having to say after 5 years this is bullshit.

Tattle is pretty mild compared to your average sports forum.

• Heart

Moe

VIP Member
I hope you are reading this thread Sophie Halle-Richards. I’ll tell you what is horrific it’s you and your journalist friends not calling out Eric Joyce convicted peadophile the partner of India Knight who’s stepfather owns the Times.
Yeah thought so wouldn’t be good for your career would it, so you do a fluff piece on Tattle with no proper research.
Go and learn some lessons from Julie Burchhill.

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
I think that Tattle and Private Eye are kindred spirits. We are to influencers and celebs what Private Eye is to politicians and public figures.

• Heart

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
I hadn’t even thought about why she registered, 100% she has been commenting here 😂. Any new accounts that seem to be fishing for gossip? 😂
A few days ago there was a new user on the secret celeb gossip thread that asked for sex rumours about Holly Willoughby. I thought it was such a creepy first post.

• Wow
  • Haha
The allegation of "Misogyny" is more related to the fact that the "influencers" tend to be Women.
And their form of insidious peer to peer marketing is targeted mainly at women, *especially* pregnant women & new mums. My husband’s sponsored posts/recommended content is a world away from mine, you wouldn’t think he had a toddler whereas I can’t move for Lucy Meck pushing a dishwasher tab on me!

So men don’t have the mind altering content forced upon them by the algos that be, but also get to retain the moral high ground because they’re not complaining about content they don’t receive? Ridiculous.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
The whole influencer thing is total madness. People are paid to say how great several things are every week. At least with celeb endorsements they have one or two brands as side projects to their main job, totally different to influencers.

But influencers are nothing more than ads and it's sold as "authentic and genuine" recommendations by these people that occupy a weird space between celebs and friends for their followers. They're the antithesis of genuine and honest recommendations.

Why aren't there any documentaries or anything to show the lunacy? The closest I've seen in the mainstream is the episode of Emily in Paris where she shits all over the influencers that don't care about the brand and would promote anything.

Comment sections across the internet show the disdain the general public has for influencers. It's certainly not just tattle that see's them as a waste of space.

It seems like "the media" doesn't want to explore the industry. I thought the tide would turn years ago and tattle would fade into obscurity along with them.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
A friend of an influencer who was mentioned in a thread on here went on an Instagram stories rant today about how what people do on tattle life is illegal and you can be prosecuted. (And an obligatory mention of the tattle life petition😂) what's everyone's opinion of this? In my opinion gossiping is very very different to cyber bullying. I wholeheartedly agree that hate speech and death threats should have legal repercussions, but gossip is very difficult. If I went up to someone and said 'i don't think you're very good at your job and you get given too much for free' they may be offended but you couldn't report that to the police. Thoughts?
The 'police are looking into Tattle' has been brought up by influencers so many times it is laughable. Or the other 'I've printed off all the threads about me and they are in the hands of my lawyer'.
The trouble is they resort to lies to try to prove a point. And when asked to provide evidence of their claims 'oh they've been deleted' or 'oh I don't want to give Tattle the traffic'. So they can say any old shit.
Eg Sali Hughes. She has said numerous times Tattlers have discussed her children at length. This is an absolute lie. And an emotive one as obviously people who don't frequent here will quite rightly think how appalling that is. She also said on Radio 4 that she thought Tattlers were capable of following her to Paris to push her under a train. Again unchallenged by interviewers to provide one scrap of backup for this ludicrous claim.
The media laps up all the daft things they say. They love to brand Tattle as a hate site rather than 'fed up with and laughing at' site. The misogyny and ageism is just disgraceful too.
The bottom line is influencers hate being laughed at. And their shady practises exposed. They would much rather pretend here is dangerous than face up to the fact they are being ridiculed.
They need to be more Adam Ant 'ridicule is nothing to be scared of'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Hunsgraveyard

VIP Member
I doubt his show is even going to get a one page thread in TV here seeing how basic it's going to be.

Just had a quick listen and around 49 he names tattle and says it's given sali hughes PTSD - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0012g9k
Dear David Baddiel,

Thanks for the extra traffic, ad revenue and subscribers to call out more and more of your shady, unethical, false narrative creating peers.

Love from Tattle xxx

PS your show is shit and you were never that funny.

• Haha

ThePowderMonkey

“Women tear each other apart” - hun we were counting chairs and teeth not so long ago and we also raised shit loads of money for a food bank.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
It‘s interesting that that Guardian article isn’t open for comments. Because if it was, there are so many things that have been said in this thread that we could say there, and show how misleading the article is.

• Heart

Lechat

VIP Member
Thought I’d share this on here. It’s not tattle in the press but kind of related. MPs have an inquiry ongoing into influencer culture and I suppose it also links to the online harms bill that’s been drafted too. Funnily enough, the papers only picked up on this last July when em Sheldon went on the committee and said it was grown women and mums that pick on poor little social media people like her 🙄

I didn’t realise but the committee is still cross examining experts and influencers and this session, about the use of children in content was pretty interesting. And the fact the newspapers don’t bother to report any of this stuff when actually it’s pretty clear there are major concerns by MPs. I don’t know the youtuber featured but he very much downplays his childrens involvement on his channel and is probably not representative of most family or children influencers. They also discuss the laws in France around needing a licence for children to work on social media and seems the MPs might be quite interested in this as a control.

its quite long but there are good questions at Q197, Q226, Q234, Q247

There was also a session held with Amy Bryant Jeffries from Gleam where they tore her a new one over the lack of diversity on Gleams roster. Her answers were awful.

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Yeah it's the same with that Em Sheldon gasping about the fact that many of us have <shock horror> jobs! and children! Like who the fuck do you think it is who posts on the internet, it's just normal people lol. That's what they hate, though, that they can't somehow filter us out and control the narrative like they usually can.

• Haha