Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hypocritical Mail at it again. After articles about how awful Tattle is they have yet again lifted a story straight from here.
Posters here were talking about who BBC presenter Helen Skelton's husband has left her for (HS has a 6 week old baby), and the DM have copied it wholesale and can 'exclusively reveal' the story 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
It's a wonder it took almost 3 years of the piss poor articles that failed to actually grasp why people gossip about public figures before they stopped popping up.

Jack Monroe spoke about tattle on radio 4 last weekend. Apparently it's people here trying to tear down working class women that have done good :rolleyes:

Despite Jack not being working class herself and people are calling her out on her ever more complicated web of lies and constant rattling for donations because she claims her rent bounced, can't afford butter or something and is suffering from (insert one of 30+ different ailments she claims to have whenever she's trying to deflect from her fuckups)

View attachment 1225866
Not sure I’ve ever seen Hinch speaking out about social injustice 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 5
ot: So often with mass killings it's linked to a handful of forums, as the buffalo one is with 4chan. These never get as much negative press as tattle.

Yet the papers call this the worst most toxic site on the internet, and their proof? Messages that called Mrs hinch a twit or saying that Alice Evans is full of tit who makes up stuff for attention. Ridiculous. Their comment sections are just as guilty. The male equivalents of tattle (bitchy forums) would be a sports forum and they get no negative press.
Screenshot_20220516-164650_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If anybody listens to Sentimental Garbage (a podcast by somebody called Caroline O’Donoghue), in the latest episode (S9E10) she slags off Taffle Life and calls it “a bleeping cesspit” at about 28 minutes in.

It’s such a basic take, but that’s typical of her podcast, which mostly takes the form of her shrieking over whatever her guest says and being quite breathtakingly two-faced. She’s certainly no friend to women, anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
If anybody listens to Sentimental Garbage (a podcast by somebody called Caroline O’Donoghue), in the latest episode (S9E10) she slags off Taffle Life and calls it “a bleeping cesspit” at about 28 minutes in.

It’s such a basic take, but that’s typical of her podcast, which mostly takes the form of her shrieking over whatever her guest says and being quite breathtakingly two-faced. She’s certainly no friend to women, anyway.
I listened to this. I agree, It was a bit too much "aren't influencers amazing and so hard working."

They touched on the lack of clarity on ads etc but no mention of the rank hypocrisy, the selling out of children, the fact that influencers are at least partly responsible for making women feel bad about their bodies/homes/lives.

I do enjoy Sentimental Garbage sometimes. The podcast is all about cultural phenomena that are dismissed because women like them. Seems to me that there could be a really interesting discussion on Tattle, Mumsnet etc, if Caroline could be open minded enough! (And I like Tattle but don't think it's beyond criticism!)

Mentioned today on radio 4 women's hour, but just by name and didn't go any further. Would it really be so difficult to say that gossiping about public figures that sell their unrealistic lives can be beneficial to members of the public?

Yes it would be too difficult, is the answer obviously. There's a lot more to tattle than just the gossip forums if you'd have done basic research!

Reactions: 14
Mentioned today on radio 4 women's hour, but just by name and didn't go any further. Would it really be so difficult to say that gossiping about public figures that sell their unrealistic lives can be beneficial to members of the public?

Yes it would be too difficult, is the answer obviously. There's a lot more to tattle than just the gossip forums if you'd have done basic research!
View attachment 1537375
Interesting. Emma Barnett (the presenter) has swallowed the 'Tattle is full of jealous bitter middle aged women' spin hook, line and sinker in previous pieces about Gossip sites.
(And yes I am all those things tbf but that isn't the point).

I do enjoy Sentimental Garbage sometimes. The podcast is all about cultural phenomena that are dismissed because women like them. Seems to me that there could be a really interesting discussion on Tattle, Mumsnet etc, if Caroline could be open minded enough! (And I like Tattle but don't think it's beyond criticism!)
I do generally like Caroline O'Donoghue as a writer, I think her two novels to date (the ones for adults) are very good.
She can be a bit over the top on podcasts. It's like she is constantly trying to impress upon the listener what great craic her and her mates are

Reactions: 4
Interesting. Emma Barnett (the presenter) has swallowed the 'Tattle is full of jealous bitter middle aged women' spin hook, line and sinker in previous pieces about Gossip sites.
They act as if twitter is some sort of utopia, rather than the aggressive slanging match that it usully is and hardly well monitored judging by some of the rubbish i see souted there. Tattle is much less public and I would say better moderated than other online spaces

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hmm, this Emma Barnett, who's expensive education and privileged early life was funded by her father running a sex trade from their family home? I can well believe she doesn't like Tattle.
Screenshot_20220830-150331_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
The thing that sticks in my mind is that according to the police investigation they found emails between Emma and her father referencing his 'whores'. How on earth does that not preclude her from presenting Woman's Hour?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
They act as if twitter is some sort of utopia, rather than the aggressive slanging match that it usully is and hardly well monitored judging by some of the rubbish i see souted there. Tattle is much less public and I would say better moderated than other online spaces
It's odd because yes there stuff to be critical of on tattle. But the very worst of tattle does not even register compared to the very worst of twitter (or any of the big tech sites).

All the ridiculous "tattle worst website in the world!" articles that regularly came out have ended and now it's not spoken about. Maybe one day it'll move on to a more nuanced and interesting discussion.

Reactions: 17
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s good, she’s talking about it in a light hearted way and saying it’s positive and negative comments. She’s answering questions from the thread honestly. More of them should be like this!
Instead of the usual hypocrisy of 'they're sat on tattle all day' BUT I'm going to send your posts to your place of work. 'They're all miserable, lonely people' BUT how would your partner or family feel if I showed them your posts? 'What you are doing is morally wrong' BUT I'm going to upload pictures of my child in the bath for an #ad for bubble bath.

Reactions: 4
It's odd because yes there stuff to be critical of on tattle. But the very worst of tattle does not even register compared to the very worst of twitter (or any of the big tech sites).

All the ridiculous "tattle worst website in the world!" articles that regularly came out have ended and now it's not spoken about. Maybe one day it'll move on to a more nuanced and interesting discussion.
Anyone calling Tattle the worst website in the world hasn't bothered to properly engage with the forums, and is naive in general. Compared to 4 Chan and Kiwi Farms, the worst of Tattle is the internet's soft play area. Even the 'original' internet forum Something Awful spawned a few murderers, not quite the same as calling out gobshites for their lies.

• Wow
Reactions: 7