Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think their revenues are up a lot since 2019 and they started to break even before the C word. Along with all their tax haven and tax avoidance schemes I think they've still got many decades. I guess sacking lots of staff and pumping out more low quality stuff than ever before is securing their future which didn't look great not that long ago.
Tax dodging? Laying off staff? Populist dumbing-down? Looks like even the lefty Guardian's not immune to the market!

Reactions: 7
It's also interesting that these articles never mention proven scammers like Sarah Akwisombe?
Sorry, late to the party, but I have some very vague connections to Sarah Akwisombe, is she a scammer??

ETA just found the Tattle threads, which are eye opening o_O

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
It pisses me off that these journalists do the most basic of research ie probably none. And fail to even acknowledge why Tattle is so popular. Yes for the gossip, but you can go to 100s of places for that. It is the fact that it caters for so much more than that. Advice on all manner of things, recommendations, hilarious posting along live to Strictly, Love Island, Bake Off etc, support threads, general chatter, robust and intelligent debate on so many topics and so much more. I've seen so many people say Tattle was a lifeline during lockdown.
Of course naysayers will say that is because we are all utter bastards and like sticks to like.
But it is obviously more than that, and journalists are far too swayed by 'celebrity', blinkered and lazy to even attempt to look at it from all angles.
The love island threads are a wonderfully entertaining time when the series is on! Better than the show itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes, it was a while ago now but the Dean Burnett / Johann Hari mess opened my eyes to how the Guardian operates. This Twitter thread is revealing:

This is the most telling tweet on that thread. You're institutionally protected if you go to the right school (in this case, Cambridge).

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 08.46.01.png

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is the most telling tweet on that thread. You're institutionally protected if you go to the right school (in this case, Cambridge).
And it was all well after Johann Hari had been outed for a gross case of plagiarism AND been found out for undertaking a smear campaign under a fake name on Wikipedia.

Not for a second saying other papers aren’t up to their eyeballs in cronyism / chumocracy (eg India Knight and Giles Coren at The Times) but I think people either presume or like to think The Guardian is better than that - and it does seem to like to project that image.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
As I've said before, the aristocracy in the UK never really went away. It just became the media / celebrities instead of actual aristocracy. Although some of those became celebrities.

Of course this is also the case in the US. Which supposedly doesn't have an aristocracy. Ask the Rossevelt, Kennedy, Clinton and Bush families about that one.

Reactions: 11
Their treatment of BAME back office staff is disgusting and I hope they go bankrupt from all the payouts they have to keep dishing out, actual pieces of tit. Can’t clarify beyond that but it’s hard to believe such treatment can be accidental.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
See also the way The Guardian sacked a working class disabled journalist (Dawn Foster) for having the temerity to criticise Tom Watson.
It's just as trashy as all the others.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I haven't read the entire thread, sorry!

Most Tattlers I've interacted with have reasonable opinions with good intentions (see Lauren Goodger's recent parenting mishap, for example).

Tattle's reputation seems to precede it online - and people just assume that it's full of hatred. Another website I'm very active on has a Discussion forum and I was told "Tattle is vile" - but I got the impression they were parroting what they'd read, rather than what they'd experienced. If people took the time to READ, they'd discover most members call out hypocrisy, stupidity, lies, greed (eg, all the "Beggy Mitchell"s!).

YES, you do get people who post in a very angry and almost unhinged manner (thinking of one or two members) but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Tattlers tend to be sharp-witted - I've had many LOL moments. What Tattle does is prick a pin in pompous egos and holds a mirror up to their bad, deceitful, or plain unlawful behaviour (thinking particularly of Katie Price).

I think Tattle was originally based around influencers and bloggers, but that's a world I'm happy to avoid!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
in a lot of their articles the comments are better written and thought out than the article itself imo
And are better for typos and grammar as well. I am always finding errors in online newspaper articles

Ooooh Marina Kim is "rattled by tattle" this morning 🤣😂🤣

She's on a bit of a tirade on twitter about being banned off here when she apparently signed up to rebuff some of the things said about her 😂

Yeah OK Marina, and the anger in your tweets suggests tattlers have got close to the truth 🖕

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ooooh Marina Kim is "rattled by tattle" this morning 🤣😂🤣

She's on a bit of a tirade on twitter about being banned off here when she apparently signed up to rebuff some of the things said about her 😂

Yeah OK Marina, and the anger in your tweets suggests tattlers have got close to the truth 🖕
Oh God I thought you meant Marina Joyce for a minute there. I have no idea who Marina Kim is.

Reactions: 2
From the Guardian article comes another article.....

Imagine making a news story from another website that's already said the story. I just wish any of these so called journalists had the bollox to sign up here and join this thread instead of spouting so much rubbish all the time. They never specifically mention this thread, but we all know they will be aware of it. We'd have a lot more respect if they joined the discussion here, asked us questions and wrote a balance article every once in a while. We say things on here that would be deleted by an influencer if left on their Instagram photos. Not because it's trolling but because they want 100% positive responses to make their brand look perfect.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
And when you think about the wider internet (including twitter etc) these aren't actually bad stats lol??

I'd love to see how the claims made in this article were fact checked. This, for example, is absolute NONSENSE! You don't have to spend money to get a post deleted, you simply have to report it to the mods. And a post which showed someone's address would be taken down toot suite!

View attachment 884893
You'd think she'd appreciate the name being used if she's so broke ffs. Some influencer she is!

I'm so confused, the author of the piece used the term 'glowed down' as an example of the VILE ABUSE people receive on here.

View attachment 885482

And yet ..... 🤔🤔

View attachment 885484
Oh dear lord, hypocrisy at its finest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm so confused, the author of the piece used the term 'glowed down' as an example of the VILE ABUSE people receive on here.

View attachment 885482

And yet ..... 🤔🤔

View attachment 885484
I think Sirin is a hypocrite. I started following her on Twitter after her Guardian piece exposing Noel Clarke for being a sexual assaulter came out. It was a really good piece full of testimony from his victims. Then last month after the BBC article on how some trans women are pressurisiing lesbian women for sex came out, she liked a load of tweets criticising the article.

So #believewomen, but not when it’s lesbians being targeted by trans women?

Reactions: 8
I think Sirin is a hypocrite. I started following her on Twitter after her Guardian piece exposing Noel Clarke for being a sexual assaulter came out. It was a really good piece full of testimony from his victims. Then last month after the BBC article on how some trans women are pressurisiing lesbian women for sex came out, she liked a load of tweets criticising the article.

So #believewomen, but not when it’s lesbians being targeted by trans women?
I mean, there were huge problems with that article, to the point that the BBC had to go in and edit it to remove one of the interviewees' contributions post-publication. As I'm sure you're aware 🤷‍♀️ https://www.theguardian.com/society...s-online-article-at-centre-of-transphobia-row. Not wanting to make this thread about that, mind, I'm #justsaying