Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It does no harm to have them keep thinking we’re only sad lonely middle aged women with nothing in life 😉 if only they knew the wealth of knowledge on here 😂
Even that is such a grim misogynistic and ageist tropes and really tells on their nasty values - they’re all for scraping up 1-14% of their discretionary spend via affiliate links and fake female empowerment but when it comes to aaaany accountability from that same audience suddenly we’re all tragic bored mums or old women 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Yel

Chatty Member
I meet the journalist Sali Hughes, whose very body language, defensive and vulnerable, speaks of how terrorised she has been by a group of haters dedicated just to her on the dragging site Tattle Life.

Terrorised seems a tad over the top, I don't think anyone is particularly dedicated to her. It's mainly ex memebers of her groups talking about her shocking levels of hypocrisy and dishonesty. Comments were disabled from her column and that's generally the best bit of many online publications.

He thinks his docu will lead to an outpouring of online anger, meh it's more like to give me indifference if the reviews about the content are accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How about she signs up here and asks the users for their side to give both sides of a story instead of a biased piece of journalism?

Lol at the “likes” thing as if it’s at all comparable. We don’t get analytics on our “performance” that we can then show to brands to pay us to push that on our audience, I don’t pay attention to mine as a “VIP member” (lol) something these articles seem to take great offence to but.... it’s written by a blue ticker? No wonder print media’s dying it’s shit x

• Haha
  • Wow

idk21

Chatty Member

Here's a bit of Tattle-ception, this thread was studied by some academics who concluded that Tattlers are contradictory wimmin who act like they are oppressed while oppressing other women 🥴
Funny they “studied” this thread which is in the Off Topic forum but then focused their paper on the content of threads in the Public Figure Gossip forum instead. Hello researchers 👋 your paper is all wrong, we talk about things other than public figures and also have rave threads!

generalb@stard

VIP Member
Journalism to generate clicks and revenue, calls out Forum for making money on advertising. Oh the irony.
Do they think sites are hosted and maintained on thin air, with no costs?
This piece lacks a level of investigation and in depth research.
The journo shared link to story via twitter, the platform where ppl have posted content that had lead to actual convictions.
So let's tar every1 with same brush.....aint she also guilty of these crimes as she uses the same platform.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Omg the hypocrisy of these papers even writing about tattle 🤣🤣 don’t they make most of their money writing about celebrities and z-listers!?
No one likes to say it, but that's exactly the reason they're so critical of tattle. First of all, they want to keep in with the influencers and publicists so they can keep getting #content from them, and second of all, you'll find more interesting and insightful stuff on these threads than you will in any of their bootlicking puff pieces, so tattle's basically taking readers away from them. Plus there's the whole reactionary mindset of protecting the status quo because of fear of the unknown. The MSM's absolute trash, everyone knows it, but they'll defend it to the death because they're defending their own income and lifestyle 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
No. I've debunked that ages ago on this thread.

It's just a shady solicitor trying to trick influencers into giving cash.

Removing the link as to not give them the attention they want.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
There really isn't anything bad here, that's why they hate it so much and only talk about the tiny minority of comments that out of context that don't look good. They want to discredit all the legitimate points that make them uncomfortable.

The most popular thread here is the love island one and the most popular post in the last day is someone saying how they've been unwell but the chat on the love island thread has cheered them up.

Are there any proper journalists out there? We've given so much content on this thread to look into and come back with an article that brings something new to the table!

Imagine thinking that wanting you to declare ur ads / be honest / pick another influencer crime here is tantamount to expecting you dead. If it’s really that hard not to be trash then that’s a you problem beloved

Anna Whitehouse 'Mutha Pukka' seems one of the least hysterical influencers about here. I've heard her being interviewed and she said a lot of posts are thoughtful and make sense. She also doesn't go down the 'all Tattlers are jealous middle aged women' route. Just disenchanted people.
I don't know enough about her to know what she is like. Just thought it interesting she doesn't blindly follow the aggrieved IGer party line.
I haven’t ever followed her properly but she does the flex appeal stuff so has actually used her platform for some good, not saying it’s changed the world for working mums but at least it’s something beyond the free kitchen #renos and shit Barbour jackets her pals called it a day at? Would assume she’s one of the smarter ones to have the social awareness & savvy to do that work?

Re: @Yel’s comment on us being professionals, this is what kills me too! They pretend like we’re all jealous of the lifestyles that they’re gifted to promote to us to buy? So brands are aware of our disposable incomes and trying to influence purchase via the sales rep flogging any old tat on Insta - and yet they’re calling us broke? 🥴 If it’s not that it’s jealous, like I could give a fuck you’ve got to think of a way to store an ooni pizza oven for the 364 days of the year you don’t use it hun, just declare it as an ad pls I beg of you !

• Haha
  • Heart

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Quite. It has been mentioned a lot on the BBC Radio thread here how much presenters push their IG or YT accounts. Eg Vanessa Feltz endlessly plugging her IG on her show, which is stuffed full of ads and affiliate links.
That’s really bad. I can’t believe there isn’t rules at the BBC about that so they must be choosing to look the other way and let their presenters do what they want.

the end of the breakfast interview they asked the you tuber who should take responsibility for disclosing ads, the brand or the influencer. She just waffled the platforms need to have more tools to help disclose 🙄 I’m sorry but the requirements are easy. You put ‘ad’. No amount of ‘tools’ is going to make certain influencers to disclose properly.
Jo Good is another example of a BBC presenter who shamelessly plugs their personal monetised socials. On her BBC Radio London shows (5 times a week) she reguarly mentions "my socials" and often reads out the actual @handle luring BBC listeners by saying they can go to her YouTube to see her new puppy or a walk in the park or whatever. However, when they go to her channel, they will encounter her covert ads, where she is either sponsored, receives a fee, gets a freebie, benefits from affiliate links, as well as upping her views for YouTube ad revenue.

Have no doubt she knows what she's doing, she once responded to criticism of her MO and this is what she said, captioned by YouTube.
20220127_104718.jpg

She was not being criticised for advertising, she was being criticised for not declaring her ads compliantly, as per the ASA - and was criticised too for using the BBC to push it. Her oft-repeated comeback is "I am 67 years old and don't have a private pension".

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
Oh no a forum on the internet influencers don’t like...let’s get our PR team to get a newspaper to write an article bringing more views to us this morning 😌😀

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I kind of want to analyse them right back!

Like this part.

IMG_5460.jpeg

I can’t speak for us all, but overall, we admit that we’re not all angels here, and are just genuinely exasperated that stories about “the worst of the internet” focus on Tattle when there really are worse sites, and well known ones at that.
---
Also, they quoted @Lanie (who I “know“ from the Jack Monroe threads) here -

(Their quote)
IMG_5458.jpeg

but hilariously cut true “Lanie-ness“ of the post, like the word “petal”.

(original post)
IMG_5459.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Love that the comments are correcting the DM and saying they we are actually calling out the bullshit influencers say/do.

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I've only caught the end bit where she thinks she has the address of an owner of Tattle. She thinks it's 'ironic' it's not allowed to be shown on camera. Tattle doesn't dox so how is that ironic?
The man who answers the door, isn’t clear whether the “lady” who owns tattle is there. Then Olivia starts laughing coz “he looks exactly what you’d expect a troll to look like” well what in the #bekind behaviour is that!?

• Wow

HockyRorror

VIP Member
From @beautyblogger123 post this bit in particular made me roll my eyes:

Millions of comments, often posted under a cloak of online anonymity,

Er…I don’t think you have to use your full name and address along with a recent profile picture to comment on the Times articles, do you? Which means every comment under their articles are also posted under a “cloak of online anonymity”. So hyperbolic and transparent.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
It fucks me off so much! The very same people who are meant to be so concerned about mental health and knowledgeable about the guidelines around reporting it, and they're basically insinuating that if you continue to post on this site you'll cause a death like that? Just casually in the middle of an article. It's really awful.
They should know better, the Samaritans have very clear guidelines for journalists on how to write about those topics in a sensitive, respectful and non-triggering way.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Does it mention the Jack thread?! 😯 Would be brilliant news if it did tbh
Not really, this creative writer just picks the two most popular threads to weave in 🤣

She thinks nothing of calling Mrs Hinch (real name Sophie Hinchliffe) a ‘sofa slug’ for posting pictures of herself sitting holding her baby, or the food writer Jack Monroe ‘despicable’.

Oh no someone called jack despicable! The horrific abuse, thanks for the morality check mail online 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart