Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lechat

VIP Member
Segment on BBC news just now about influencers not disclosing adverts. ASA is speaking to MPs today apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Yel

Chatty Member
15% contained posts promoting hatred of women, 12% contained misinformation, while 10% suggested that they were bad parents.

Sure 🤪. And maybe these people aren't the best parents if they monitise their kids on social media without consent. Selling their childhood for cash with the internet is hardly parenting of the year stuff, although influencers regularly do win parenting of the year awards 🤦‍♀️

I can't remember a single post out of the 7 million + that is hatred of women. There's possibly a few that might be considered hatred of men, but nothing compared to how much is on mumsnet. Why do they feel the need to lie?

That solicitor is just trying to trick people into handing over cash (and wasting it). We only ever delete posts that break our rules, regardless of if the report came from a member on tattle or a legal letter. The rules exist to stay out of grey areas for everyone's benefit.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Yep, the world has moved on and influencers can now be awful value.

Take Zoella for example, her last book sold 10k copies. So the very idea that she has 10 million people ready to buy whatever product she suggests does not compute when she struggles to get 0.1% of her own followers to buy her own product that she promoted for ages.

• Heart
  • Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
What I find funny is when people are asked for evidence of the "most disgusting vile messages" that have been posted here they say "they've been deleted". So what are they complaining about? That mods quickly delete any messages that go too far?

Most of the time the messages they claim were posted here is a complete lie. Anyone can sign up and influencers often do to post awful messages to smear (that everyone on tattle would call out) then screen shot these thinking they're so clever and proving a point when all they're doing is trying to detract from the legitimate complaints about them and make up a false narrative about what's posted here. 🤦‍♀️ Kinda proving how shady and dishonest the whole influencer thing is.

• Wow

FridaK

VIP Member
There is nothing I enjoy more than a freelance blue tick on Twitter get congratulated by other blue ticks for regurgitating stories than any VIP member on here could write as ‘well researched.’ Literally all Sirin has done is spoke to a couple of influencers, a management agency, a couple of ‘experts,’ a righteous Lawyer and Northern Ireland’s number one blagger Andy Malone (who broke the law on influencers behalf with their encouragement.)

That article said a whole lot of nothing aside from confirm that Tattle is more mainstream than people think. Which will obviously give lurkers the confidence to sign up. Congrats all round I think 😂.

(Oh FYI that Devon blogger that has SS called on her. It’s not Tattle members. It’s her Husbands Ex Wife. The receipt is on here. Total bad form from The Guardians crack research team there.)

• Wow

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
"Naomi" not happy with people on here hiding behind usernames at the same time she's done a article hiding her name by it being changed in the article.

• Haha

FridaK

VIP Member
I’d love to know what Grazia’s problem with Tattle really is,
I posted this in another thread but it makes more sense here...

The writer, who is so much of an influencer that she doesn’t even have a thread here, just happens to work for a PR company, who just happen to represent a quite few people who do have tattle threads 🤔

Half the time I think it bugs them that they don’t have threads. I read one earlier this year in the Spectator (I think,) and the journalist was having the best day retweeting all the love she was getting from blue ticks on Twitter. Then she tweeted ‘I expect I’ll get my own thread now.’ She didn’t and I can’t even recall her name. But wow did she take massive offence to this site, having apparently spent 4 months *undercover* on here. All I thought was oh hold the front page and call MI5, people are gossiping 🙄.

Every under 25 year old on Twitter thinks we are the devils spawn 😂😂😂😂

• Haha

L3moning

VIP Member
Calling Tattle "the most hate filled corner of the internet" is, well, massively naïve, I suppose. I mean, 4chan revels in calling itself the "Internet Hate Machine" (a name which came from a Fox News piece about it, iirc). GLP has horrific, sometimes violent racism, homophobia and sexism on every even vaguely contentious topic. I could go on. Tattle does sometimes get individual posts that I personally would consider homophobic, transphobic or sexist, but they are rare, and if they cross the line they get moderated. I've never seen overt racism or advocating violence here.

There is also the issue, as has been mentioned, that these articles assume that only women use this website. They're wrong.

Reactions: 19

Suebigfatsue87

VIP Member
Wow didn’t even realise baddiell however you spell his name was even relevant anymore. He was just always the unfunny one out of the duo. Bore off mate no one cares about you xoxo

• Haha

Suebigfatsue87

VIP Member
I suspect one of the reasons Tattle seems to get so much outrage is the perception it’s mainly women. The really horrendous sites that are predominantly assumed to be male populated aren’t mentioned. So yeah - people don’t really like women with opinions. Be kind ladies! Quiet women are nice women apparently.
That’s the patriarchy at play for you! The media chooses to only show female dominated sites being bitchy, a certain parenting website and tattle always get mentioned but funny, none of the vile forums that share sex pics or football forums with men screaming death threats over other men missing a penalty get mentioned.

strange. Almost like a lot of the media control is dominated by men… 🥱

Yel

Chatty Member
So many lies in that article like the 43.2m visits - did she add the .2 to make it seem accurate when it's nothing more than a wild guess? That would be 240k visits a day, which is 250-300% higher than the real figure for the last 6 months.

Also tattle is featured in the national press every month and has been for nearly 2 years. Hardly without mainstream recognition. While the visitors to the site is significant it's hardly one of the most visited sites in the country.

Things like the nationality of people spoken about is something publicly available, but rather than do any investigation she's just said it's almost all British and ignore the significant number of Irish and American threads.

This level of journalism is just embarrassing.

"Quietly, without mainstream recognition, Tattle has become one of the most-visited – and hate-filled – websites in the UK. There were 43.2m visits to Tattle in the last six months alone, mostly from British users. (Almost all the people discussed on Tattle are British.)"

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
WhatsApp is said to be wildly used by the Taliban and is used to coordinate. Facebook are doing nothing much about that either, although their pr department has today started saying they are.

And these influencers think that people snarking on them away from their feeds is horrific abuse 😐

The only way to stop people talking about your shady stuff is to stop doing shady stuff

Django

VIP Member
Interesting. Emma Barnett (the presenter) has swallowed the 'Tattle is full of jealous bitter middle aged women' spin hook, line and sinker in previous pieces about Gossip sites.
(And yes I am all those things tbf but that isn't the point).
Hmm, this Emma Barnett, who's expensive education and privileged early life was funded by her father running a sex trade from their family home? I can well believe she doesn't like Tattle.
Screenshot_20220830-150331_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry

Imainlylurk

Skimmed the article. So aside from conflating the evils Tattle with what happened to that MP and a wrongfooted doxxing attempt, they basically cherrypicked some unfair criticism of influencers (always the calls to social services, can anyone point to a case of that actually happening) and ignored the swathes of legitimate critique of influencing practice on here: monetizing children, fraud, undeclared adverts, exploitation and dishonesty. Maybe if the Guardian took more of a critical look at social media influencers and bloggers, there'd be less of a need for tattle.

And yeah, there's still some nasty misogyny on Reddit. I have an account because plenty of its subreddits are innocuous and cover topics I'm interested in, but you don't have to look that hard. God knows about Kiwi farms and 4chan. But hey, those forums are male dominated and boys will be boys, eh

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
And all the ‘you mark my words, there’ll be a suicide caused by that website soon enough’ claims are nothing short of ghoulish. And also stupid as it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of correlation and causation.
It fucks me off so much! The very same people who are meant to be so concerned about mental health and knowledgeable about the guidelines around reporting it, and they're basically insinuating that if you continue to post on this site you'll cause a death like that? Just casually in the middle of an article. It's really awful.

Yel

Chatty Member
Sounds like it's not worth reading. Not surprising as it would appear to be churned out from a someones pretty narrow and lazy hot take on what's an interesting topic.

I'm here because these influencers are so entertaining with the stuff they do for attention and to sell shit, it's like reality TV on steroids.
---
Oh that author seems dreadful. Tattle never has and never will allow doxxing, no matter how many times people say that's what the site is about. Do people think if you keep saying it then it'll become a truth? What an embarrassment of an "author". Ah well, reinforces what junk the guardian is.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 21.23.02.png

Last edited:

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Didn't the family whisk him away on a family to Barbados or something at the height of the pandemic when he was still unvaccinated? And then a couple of months later he died from COVID?

• Sad
  • Wow