Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
I only found out about Tattle last month, was reading the Daily FAIL comments and it was someone moaning about tattle. So I came to check it out. So all people moaning are just bringing free press/traffic to the site tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Ennui

VIP Member
The thing that sticks in my mind is that according to the police investigation they found emails between Emma and her father referencing his 'whores'. How on earth does that not preclude her from presenting Woman's Hour?

• Wow
  • Heart

Aude

VIP Member
I think private eye was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the mail comment section. Yes it is a male satirical founded and still male run. I'm not sure they are trying to be misogynist.
Agreed. I didn’t mean to suggest that Private Eye was being misogynistic. I meant that its male writers have been criticising and taking the piss out of (mainly male) politicians and public figures for 60 years but never get the sort of Daily Mail outrage articles that female contributors to Tattle get for criticising and taking the piss out of (mainly female) influencers and celebs.

Mighty Boosh had that guy who dressed as a gorilla. Perhaps that might be seen as speciesism to apes in a few years. Maybe that's not as far-fetched as we might think.
This is willfully obtuse sorry - and sure the choice of animal you’re choosing to compare this to is no coincidence.

Google about the history of black face, it’s appalling and had no place on TV in Britain ever much less in the last few decades.

• Heart

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
I came here from a really toxic Reddit sub which mentioned tattle and honestly- this site is full of intelligent, interesting and funny people. The odd troll but you get that on any place on the web.

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I saw someone on the author's twitter say the fact Tattle is British makes it more sinister. Why? What a bizarre comment. It is like they fasten on anything to be outraged at. (Sirin wotsit agreed with the comment - 'yes it does somehow' 🤪)
To be fair, Britain *is* very sinister 😂

• Haha
Same here. Discussions I've been involved in here have raised my awareness of racism and the forms it can take.
I’ve learnt a lot about disabilities, the only wheelchair user I know IRL is minted so has a very different lived experience to someone at the mercy of PIP assessments or living alone without a wife to support you. Similarly with mental health conditions or things like ADHD/autism (not sure what category these go under soz) I just had no idea about before! Tattle is the only place I’ve gotten to chat to older women too and I’ve learnt about menopause & raising older kids. There are food bank volunteers on the Jack thread who are v insightful and one flagged how foodbanks are struggling rn and you can set up direct debits to support your local one so I did - this is something that never even occurred to me to do before that post!

I just can’t see how there’s more value in me reading Grace Dent go on about a small plates venue that doesn’t even take reservations or Sali Hughes try and flog me £100 candles to mask my anxiety disorders? This sounds so pathetic but I’ve been so lonely becoming a new mum in the pandemic & oftentimes tattle is the only “conversation” I get with women in a day that doesn’t involve my work or my 👶🏼 so the papers need to step up to even be able to consider filling that void 😂

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
15% contained posts promoting hatred of women, 12% contained misinformation, while 10% suggested that they were bad parents.

Sure 🤪.
And when you think about the wider internet (including twitter etc) these aren't actually bad stats lol??

I'd love to see how the claims made in this article were fact checked. This, for example, is absolute NONSENSE! You don't have to spend money to get a post deleted, you simply have to report it to the mods. And a post which showed someone's address would be taken down toot suite!

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 11.49.45.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
I see Manchester Evening News is on our case. Balanced reporting again I see. According to them, there's no moderating on the site, and once again we are all women. The article is just full of lies.

Every time I see one of these reports, I wonder why the (largely male) forum Kiwi Farms NEVER gets discussed, despite being about a million times worse than Tattle.

(Also, those influencers pictured in the article look like Bratz dolls. Not a compliment!)

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It pisses me off that these journalists do the most basic of research ie probably none. And fail to even acknowledge why Tattle is so popular. Yes for the gossip, but you can go to 100s of places for that. It is the fact that it caters for so much more than that. Advice on all manner of things, recommendations, hilarious posting along live to Strictly, Love Island, Bake Off etc, support threads, general chatter, robust and intelligent debate on so many topics and so much more. I've seen so many people say Tattle was a lifeline during lockdown.
Of course naysayers will say that is because we are all utter bastards and like sticks to like.
But it is obviously more than that, and journalists are far too swayed by 'celebrity', blinkered and lazy to even attempt to look at it from all angles.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
The BBC have reported on it and lumped in this desperate Em along with the racist abuse of footballers and the stalking of someone from girls alowed 🤦‍♀️. As if these things are all the same. Fab journalism strikes again

The replies see it for what it actually is

Screenshot_20210713-170613_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
That was a really strange watch. The stuff that was interesting , like how reading negative comments physical effects on the brain, seemed to only be touched on in favour of some navel gazing into his own social media addiction. And as has already been said, grouping tattle in with violent behaviours was abhorrent. I was also really confused as to what his take on freedom of speech and cancel culture - it seemed to be social media is good when it’s helping sell tickets , bringing in money, or giving positive feedback, and those people who are doing well ( I’m guessing by that he meant blue tickers) shouldn’t be at risk of losing their income/reputation all over something that they’ve put on social media which has caused offence to others . But people who call people out , hold people accountable for what they say and give negative feedback are all horrible little jealous trolls who deserve to have their voices ( via places like here) taken away 🤷‍♀️

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Lol at the “likes” thing as if it’s at all comparable. We don’t get analytics on our “performance” that we can then show to brands to pay us to push that on our audience, I don’t pay attention to mine as a “VIP member” (lol) something these articles seem to take great offence to but.... it’s written by a blue ticker? No wonder print media’s dying it’s shit x
Yeah, as opposed to IG, where women will post unrealistic, photoshopped pics of themselves, shill their kids out for freebies, and sell unobtainable lifestyles for ‘likes’ instead.
Also, I know it’s not just women that do that on IG, men are also at fault, but it’s funny how sexist some of the QT’s and comments are on that Twitter post and it’s the same old shit that we’ve heard a thousand times before. The gist is that ‘women should be supporting women’ and how can ‘women’ be so unkind?! As usual, and just like the MN threads that I believe started all this, not once has anyone in the media looked at the behaviour of influencers and called them out for it instead.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member

Metro mentioned us earlier this week which is a shame as I like Metro. I would suggest Miss Bond signed up here and asked us in this specific thread whatever she wants to know because if she found it so hard for people to talk about here she wasn't trying hard enough.
You what? 'Women of colour' are treated especially badly on Tattle?
How can they put out this stuff with literally no evidence?

• Wow
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
that article is so stupid.

doxxing is not "revealing private information"

if you're getting abusive messages, then that's not from here. this isn't fb/insta/twitter

the named influencers have small slow threads

you can't remove anonymity from the internet, it's impossible and would leave actual vulnerable people open to abuse

mentions clemmie hooper coming on "to defend herself" but no mention of her slagging off other influencers, including her own husband

the acknowledgement that other commentary sites would pop up if tattle didn't exist renders the whole piece futile

• Heart
Christ, compared to DS this place is like an episode of the Waltons! Nah, seriously, Tattle is great for having a laugh and intelligent debate with like minded souls. Sheldon et al are self absorbed, talentless narcissists who are happy to flash everything on the Gram, then when people interact, sometimes negatively, we're all middle aged Mums knitting at the guillotine. Well, I am middle aged, no kids, and whilst I don't make 3k a pop advertising any old tat, I have a very happy life and come here to let off steam and have a laugh. Whilst us all being middle aged Mums is a massive, simplistic (and untrue) generalisation, what IS true about 99% of these influencers is that they are mostly:

Thick as shit
Narcissists
Greedy
Defensive
Unable to take any form of criticism
Lacking enough self awareness and intelligence to see the beautiful irony of showcasing their whole lives online whilst expecting feedback and interaction to be ONLY positive
Nasty hypocrites who whilst saying 'be kind' on the one hand, spend their days arguing and slanging with others.

Get in the bin you dumb fucks and grow up.

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Yes, I exactly! I copied this line before I'd even caught up with comments here -
"One clear effect, for example, that happens when you put everyone in contact with each other is that everyone isn’t just conversing any more: they are broadcasting."
Heaven forfend that anyone other than the anointed ones should broadcast their opinions! Leave that to the Big Boys. David Baddiel is not just a lot less clever than he thinks he is - he's actually incredibly stupid.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
ugh, this again is it?!

we're a horrible website full of jealous housewives wishing ill-will on all the poor little rich influencers 🥺

it's not like hundreds of us are deep into the off topic threads when the people who've brought us here have gone quiet and we feel like we've made friends is it? threads where we can chat and maybe give or take advice?

and I actually prefer posting here when watching a big tv show (strictly, masked singer, traitors, apprentice, iacgmooh) than on twitter

not to mention how many men are here! but that doesn't fit the narrative that we're just jealous dried up old women

anyhoo, if that hawai'ian uni wants to talk to me, here I am 👋

• Heart