Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Richard Ayoade but I think he might be a bit too ironic and deadpan about it all. I can't quite describe what I even mean by that. Makes sense in my head.
I actually think someone a bit more old school like Alan Carr might be fun. I like a giggler - like Daisy May Cooper.
yeah , i think alan carr would be good, i didnt think he would be any good on countdown does cats but he was actually very funny.

i think i see what you mean about Richard , i think it would be interesting to see him , but his personality, which i dont know if its an act or if he really is uncomfortable and awkward being on TV might mean he just cant put himself 100% into it. If he was to be how we usually see him then i think he would be very deadpan and maybe not right for something like this , it was a bit like Noel Fielding , on paper his crazy off the wall humour should have been perfect for finding interesting ways to do the tasks, whilst he wasnt a complete disaster i got a "too cool" vibe from him, i felt he didnt put much effort in which was a bit disappointing.

Charlotte is a good guest because of the way Greg takes the piss , i think ive laughed more this series at the way laughs at the way she does the tasks, this isnt Lee's usual thing but i find him funny anyway so he is better in the studio, Greg and Mike have an obvious friendship and it shows in Greg taking the piss, Sarah i had never heard of , but i'm getting used to her and she is at least putting 100% in.

Bob Mortimer will always be up there as my favourite all time person on this, weirdly James Acaster who i just dont like at all gave me one of my biggest laughs when he did the lift task , i remember being in tears of laughter for ages , which considering i didnt like him just shows sometimes the people we dont like can end up being better than those we like , i loved Greg taking him to one side as well like he was naughty child :D , i must watch that series again.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
i know he is in on the "joke" , but its not a funny joke , he is literally killing this series, i wish people with his attitude didnt do it as it ruins it for the viewer
For you maybe, but that’s the point of comedy, other people enjoy that style of comedy. Taskmaster has always had such a range of different style of comedians, that’s the whole point. There have been some over the years that I haven’t seen any humour in (but I’m sure others probably did) but they didn’t kill the series for me.

He’s also on ‘This is my house’ and in my opinion comes across well, although that show is also batshit! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Jamali fan necessarily, just don’t understand why people are so offended by him. I don’t see it being that different to Richard Ayoade still of deadpan comedy - you could call that rude/arrogant too.

Reactions: 6
For you maybe, but that’s the point of comedy, other people enjoy that style of comedy. Taskmaster has always had such a range of different style of comedians, that’s the whole point. There have been some over the years that I haven’t seen any humour in (but I’m sure others probably did) but they didn’t kill the series for me.

He’s also on ‘This is my house’ and in my opinion comes across well, although that show is also batshit! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Jamali fan necessarily, just don’t understand why people are so offended by him. I don’t see it being that different to Richard Ayoade still of deadpan comedy - you could call that rude/arrogant too.
Yeah I should have said in my opinion , comedy is always subjective, what makes one person laugh another person won't like it at all.

Except Mrs Brown's Boys , which really is the work of evil, and people who like it are devil worshippers 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m not a fan of Jamali but it hasn’t ruined the series for me. I found Romesh Ranganathan on it more difficult to watch but I know grumpy deadpan is just his style of comedy!

Reactions: 2
I'm enjoying this series. Mike is an absolute joy and a lovely silly man to watch! Good to have Lee out of his comfort zone. Sarah is good. I didn't know of her before. That glorious hair is stunning and I like her energy. Charlotte is a bit meh to me. Dull and unmemorable. Never heard of her before and not going to seek her out. Jamali is a dick and boy that really is his personality through and through. Antagonistic and dismissive. He's not watched the show. I don't think he's fun or funny to watch. I do listen to the podcast and he was no better on that. He's not ruining it for me but hes not adding much.

Reactions: 4
I know who would love to be on it and who I hope they never ever ask - Emily Atack.

Reactions: 10
I know who would love to be on it and who I hope they never ever ask - Emily Atack.
yes , i'm surprised she hasnt camped outside their offices to get on, eventually they will run out of famous comedians and she will have to appear :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Got to the episode with Iain Sterling and the team task with the hammock. I want to smack him in the head. How did he ever manage to marry a woman? He doesn’t even listen to Lou Sanders once.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Got to the episode with Iain Sterling and the team task with the hammock. I want to smack him in the head. How did he ever manage to marry a woman? He doesn’t even listen to Lou Sanders once.
Omg he’s awful! Paul Sinha was just watching in the background like🧍

Reactions: 1
We watched with subtitles this week as my teenager had a lot to say about stuff and we couldn’t hear properly and I couldn’t tell if ‘squish’ as a sound effect word was just written on our subtitles or if everyone got that but it was so grim 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Mike has single handedly saved this series with one of the funniest lines I’ve ever heard in my life... “it’s an absolute casserole down there” genuinely made me cry 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jamali is growing on me! I think he’s eased into the show a bit/ relaxed and was quite funny in the latest episode.

Reactions: 3
Agree this is the worst line up thankful for Mike.Jimmy Carr would be brilliant others who would’ve been better in this series are Dane Baptise,Milton Jones,Jack Dee,Stewart Francis,Sean Lock.

*Adds Mike to list of weird crushes*
Mike Wozniak is quite adorable.
Is it just me or is Lee Mack coming across as a bit of a dick? And it pains me to say that because I like him and he was the one I would have been looking forward to seeing the most.

the more i watch this series the more i just see jamali as one of the most rudest wankers on TV , the guy has no charisma , he is just an absolute arrogant aggressive prick
Didn't like him at first but he has grown on me, and the same for my boyfriend. Mike is our favourite though. My boyfriend has taken a real dislike to Sarah Kendall for some reason. He thinks she's trying to cover up how competitive she is.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.