Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Although there’s been a couple dud tasks this series (though even the best series do) I’ve really enjoyed it as a whole. I loved how tit Charlotte was at tasks but how much she enjoyed herself, Mike and Lee were brilliant and although I’d never heard of Sarah before, she was so good at the tasks with a perfect mix of taking it really seriously and having fun. Cant stand Jamali though, I’d switch off on his tasks as he just winds me up.
I have a major crush on Mike now!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Mike is on Man Down, Greg Davies' sitcom, if anyone needs more of him in their viewing life! He is also on the writing team.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mike is on Man Down, Greg Davies' sitcom, if anyone needs more of him in their viewing life! He is also on the writing team.
I really wanted to like Man Down (Rik Mayall❤) but couldn’t get in to it. My husband loves it though and regularly rewatches. Mikes character is the best one!
Greg Davis has a new series coming out hopefully this year called The Cleaner. Greg plays a gossiping crime scene cleaner. I’m sure I read Helena Bonham Carter is in it too!

Reactions: 5
I really wanted to like Man Down (Rik Mayall❤) but couldn’t get in to it. My husband loves it though and regularly rewatches. Mikes character is the best one!
Greg Davis has a new series coming out hopefully this year called The Cleaner. Greg plays a gossiping crime scene cleaner. I’m sure I read Helena Bonham Carter is in it too!
Yes I didn’t love it either, but was thinking I should give it another try. I love the sound of the premise for the new show, esp if Helena is also involved.

Got around to watching the last episode of this series. I genuinely gasped loudly when Mike took his hat off.

Strangely suits him though?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They've had a book out for a while now so it must have sold alright to be getting another one.

Reactions: 1
Probably everybody else ever knows this but I wasn't aware they film all the tasks over a couple of days then the studio programme is filmed a couple of months later.
I wasn't sure how it was done tbh - and it seems really obvious now 🙈

Probably everybody else ever knows this but I wasn't aware they film all the tasks over a couple of days then the studio programme is filmed a couple of months later.
I wasn't sure how it was done tbh - and it seems really obvious now 🙈
I thought I’d seen Alex Horne say it can take 6 months to film a series as they have to work around everyone’s schedules. The different tasks have take months between the different contestant filming their go at it.

I thought I’d seen Alex Horne say it can take 6 months to film a series as they have to work around everyone’s schedules. The different tasks have take months between the different contestant filming their go at it.
I think probably that used to be the case but series 11 and 12 have been filmed since COVID so makes more sense rules wise to do everything over a couple of days maybe?

Yeah Alex and the contestants talk a bit about schedules on the Taskmaster podcast Ed Gamble hosts.

I think probably that used to be the case but series 11 and 12 have been filmed since COVID so makes more sense rules wise to do everything over a couple of days maybe?
I’m pretty sure it was for the last season that I’d seen Alex Horne talk about it. He was on Sky News talking about being able to land celebs like Lee Mack because they work around the celebs availability and can fit around whatever they need. He said if they had a stricter filming schedule that they wouldn’t be able to land big names who are always busy working.

Does anyone else agree that Jessica Knappett is the worst contestant so far? Her and James Acaster together in the same season was WAY too cringe. At least James made me laugh sometimes, I fast forwarded most of Jessica’s tasks.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else agree that Jessica Knappett is the worst contestant so far? Her and James Acaster together in the same season was WAY too cringe. At least James made me laugh sometimes, I fast forwarded most of Jessica’s tasks.
Oh no I loved them both on it. I think Jessica is one of my all time favourite contestants.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh no I loved them both on it. I think Jessica is one of my all time favourite contestants.
I really loved Jessica Knappet. I saw her on House Of Games last year with a visible baby bump. Then was really saddened to hear she had a late miscarriage.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
the live/studio task when she fell off the stage, honestly I still laugh now after watching it quite a few times 😂😂 and she handled it really well so fair play to her too!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
the live/studio task when she fell off the stage, honestly I still laugh now after watching it quite a few times 😂😂 and she handled it really well so fair play to her too!
Yeah I’m fairness I hadn’t seen that episode yet! She handled that so well!

I’d think I’d warm to her a bit more if her and James weren’t so similar comedy style wise. He’s just more deadpan about it and there’s only really room in my opinion for one “dozy” (but extremely smart) person per season. I found the two of them together too much.

Sad to hear she had a late miscarriage. I haven’t seen her in anything else.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.