Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with what's been said about the last couple of line ups, but I do normally warm to them by the end..

I think Mike is going to be the winner by a mile..

Reactions: 5
Loving Mike so far, he seems a genuinely decent guy and is very humourous. Sarah made me laugh as well the other night.

Katherine Parkinson was quite possibly my favourite contestant of all time, I still laugh when I think of that spider task and her putting all the wellies on the table.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Does everyone know there’s a taskmaster podcast? It’s on the day after the show and talks about the episode that’s just been on. Ed gamble presents it and he gets current or past contestants on every week. It’s really good x

Reactions: 4
That was a better episode , i chuckled at sarah sitting on the floor trying to make her joints work as some sort of calendar :D and Mike collecting all the luggage :D

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The contestants on this series are 💩 I don’t think I’ve laughed once at Charlotte, Sarah or Jamali. They don’t have to be comedians to make me laugh, just have fun/be silly and be creative with the solutions to the tasks. Not sure I can suffer through this season! Such a shame as I was so looking forward to it

I mean, I get that Jamali is trying to be funny with all the arguing with Greg and Alex but it’s just coming across as awkward and unnecessarily aggressive.. Mike is carrying this series

I listened to the podcast and Jamali sounded the same in that. You need somebody with enthusiasm and nobody really has that. Mike is brilliant but he's on the calm side.

Reactions: 3
I mean, I get that Jamali is trying to be funny with all the arguing with Greg and Alex but it’s just coming across as awkward and unnecessarily aggressive.. Mike is carrying this series
i agree 100% , he has gone on there trying to be funny by arguing, but he doesnt know funny, it just sounds aggressive, i hate the disrespectful way he treats Alex , Alex takes it as a joke and Greg takes the piss, but i just dont see the laugh from Jamali, it does feel like thats how he talks to people

Even someone like James Acaster who i really hate as a comedian made me laugh on taskmaster, i think Jamali is my worst person to ever take part, he is spoiling it.

I like charlottes naivety and greg making fun of her, and mike does stuff that makes me chuckle, but this series has been a complete let down for me, i always dreaded a series like this , poor line up , poor tasks and the players just being awful at the tasks and not making them funny , not even lee mack who is one of my faves isnt being hugely funny

Last edited:
Who’s the dream lineup? mine would be

Guz Khan
Russell Brand (I said dream 😂)
Tommy Tiernan
Sue Perkins

I’d like to see Greg give a task a go himself at some stage as well

Reactions: 1
I think Mo Gilligan would be good.
Jack Dee (there is always a slightly bewildered grumpy older player).
Zoe Lyons.
Judi Love.
Jamie Demetriou (Stath Lets Flats).

Jack Dee would be good i agree , could you imagine his face on one of those annoyingly difficult tasks :D
i would have said Lee mack, but he is on this series, so i would scrub this from my mind and have him back with Jack Dee :D
Jennifer Saunders might be quite good
Melvin Odoom
Rachel Riley

I wouldn't mind seeing Alex having a go a few tasks.
i think they asked him and he said him and greg would never do them, plus i think he comes up with most of them so he would know how it works

i agree 100% , he has gone on there trying to be funny by arguing, but he doesnt know funny, it just sounds aggressive, i hate the disrespectful way he treats Alex , Alex takes it as a joke and Greg takes the piss, but i just dont see the laugh from Jamali, it does feel like thats how he talks to people

Even someone like James Acaster who i really hate as a comedian made me laugh on taskmaster, i think Jamali is my worst person to ever take part, he is spoiling it.

I like charlottes naivety and greg making fun of her, and mike does stuff that makes me chuckle, but this series has been a complete let down for me, i always dreaded a series like this , poor line up , poor tasks and the players just being awful at the tasks and not making them funny , not even lee mack who is one of my faves isnt being hugely funny
Yes I agree completely (apart from the James acaster part, I bleeping love him 😂) .. the tasks seem tired, the contestants are boring and even Greg and Alex seem a bit fed up with it. It’s lost it’s joy 😭

The speed at which they are churning out series doesn't help. You barely get time to digest one series, and the next one is already about to air.

Reactions: 8
Who’s the dream lineup? mine would be

Guz Khan
Russell Brand (I said dream 😂)
Tommy Tiernan
Sue Perkins

I’d like to see Greg give a task a go himself at some stage as well
Jack Dee would be brilliant, Tom Davies, Jamie demitriou I think would be good.. to be honest all my favourite people (Bob Mortimer, Noel fielding, rob becket, romesh, Katherine Ryan, joe Wilkinson) have already been on so I guess they are running out of people to do it now 😂.. I’m waiting for champion of champions 🙌🏼

The speed at which they are churning out series doesn't help. You barely get time to digest one series, and the next one is already about to air.
that is true. They do churn them out very quickly, it can’t be fun for Greg and Alex to do all the time. I’ve noted a change in quality since they switched over to Channel 4 from Dave. Maybe they’re stricter on what goes out?

Glad it's not just me not enjoying this series. Don't mind Mike but everyone else is a bit meh.

Mike is 100% carrying this series. I think he’s fantastic. Have you guys watched Man Down? Him and Greg obviously have a great friendship already and I think that has helped this series as they really make each other laugh. Not really a fan of anyone else. I love Charlotte Ritchie I just think she’s a little too reserved

Jack Dee would be brilliant, Tom Davies, Jamie demitriou I think would be good.. to be honest all my favourite people (Bob Mortimer, Noel fielding, rob becket, romesh, Katherine Ryan, joe Wilkinson) have already been on so I guess they are running out of people to do it now 😂.. I’m waiting for champion of champions 🙌🏼
tom Davies and Jamie Demetriou would be two of my picks too! Love them both. I would love to see maybe Tamsin Greig or Mark Heap. Seeing as we had Daisy Cooper, Charlie would be a good shout too he’s so funny!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.