Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mike Wozniak is quite adorable.
Is it just me or is Lee Mack coming across as a bit of a dick? And it pains me to say that because I like him and he was the one I would have been looking forward to seeing the most.

Didn't like him at first but he has grown on me, and the same for my boyfriend. Mike is our favourite though. My boyfriend has taken a real dislike to Sarah Kendall for some reason. He thinks she's trying to cover up how competitive she is.
Lee Mack was on my dream taskmaster line up and I have found him quite disappointing

I did however enjoy this week's episode

Reactions: 5
Lee Mack was on my dream taskmaster line up and I have found him quite disappointing

I did however enjoy this week's episode
I enjoyed most of the tasks this week but the plane safety message was so rubbish! I completely switched off for that segment as it was just not funny at all. Did thoroughly enjoy the simplicity of the standing one leg or two task though.

Reactions: 3
Find yourself someone who looks at you the way Greg looks at Sally Phillips in S5
We discovered Taskmaster last year during lockdown & binged them all. He bloody loved her...so did I tbf!!

Was it before or after he talked about his hemorrhoids that he was added to your list?! :LOL:
That episode was hilarious

yeah , i think alan carr would be good, i didnt think he would be any good on countdown does cats but he was actually very funny.

i think i see what you mean about Richard , i think it would be interesting to see him , but his personality, which i dont know if its an act or if he really is uncomfortable and awkward being on TV might mean he just cant put himself 100% into it. If he was to be how we usually see him then i think he would be very deadpan and maybe not right for something like this , it was a bit like Noel Fielding , on paper his crazy off the wall humour should have been perfect for finding interesting ways to do the tasks, whilst he wasnt a complete disaster i got a "too cool" vibe from him, i felt he didnt put much effort in which was a bit disappointing.

Charlotte is a good guest because of the way Greg takes the piss , i think ive laughed more this series at the way laughs at the way she does the tasks, this isnt Lee's usual thing but i find him funny anyway so he is better in the studio, Greg and Mike have an obvious friendship and it shows in Greg taking the piss, Sarah i had never heard of , but i'm getting used to her and she is at least putting 100% in.

Bob Mortimer will always be up there as my favourite all time person on this, weirdly James Acaster who i just dont like at all gave me one of my biggest laughs when he did the lift task , i remember being in tears of laughter for ages , which considering i didnt like him just shows sometimes the people we dont like can end up being better than those we like , i loved Greg taking him to one side as well like he was naughty child :D , i must watch that series again.
I bloody love Bob Mortimer. We binged his fishing program with Paul Whitehouse last year....I don't even like fishing! But he is just such a delight!

• Heart
Started watching S11 tonight. On episode 2 and Lee and Mike’s argument task had me crying 😂👏🏻

Reactions: 4
Been watching the old series with my husband and I think it’s 9 with Jo Brand and David Baddiel is definitely one of the better ones. It’s had me crying with laughter at least once an episode.

Been watching the old series with my husband and I think it’s 9 with Jo Brand and David Baddiel is definitely one of the better ones. It’s had me crying with laughter at least once an episode.
Honestly, Ed Gamble asking with resigned desperation "Have I been put on a team with David Baddiel?" Is legendary.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've being watching earlier series on E4 and have changed my mind on James Acaster. I think he is very funny. I laugh every time he ignores Alex and looks genuinely annoyed.
Just watching now the ones with Iain Stirling and he is so competitive in an unpleasant way. Really don't like him in this.

Reactions: 12
Ooh might be good I think. Alan Davies, though appearing jovial, can be quite pompous which could be entertaining.
This last series was not a classic at all.
Alan Davies, Guz Khan AND Victoria Coren Mitchell in one season? Jesus himself is blessing us with this lineup.

Reactions: 2
Just me who can’t stand VCM? Personally that new line up isn’t for me

Reactions: 4
Just me who can’t stand VCM? Personally that new line up isn’t for me
I like her in would I lie to you. In fairness I haven’t seen her in much else and I’m sort of basing it on that she’s smart and will find interesting ways around the tasks. I thought I’d like Lee Mack this series and wasn’t overly impressed so who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Who would annoy VCM most in team tasks I wonder? Maybe Alan? Like everyone else I love when team members cause each other frustration (Ed and David, James and Rhod etc). I think they've got a good line up for s12! Feels like a good mix of people.

I'm in the minority here. Both husband and I were very underwhelmed when we saw the line up.

Very happy! 4 out of 5 I like very much. I met Alan Davies once and he was so nice and genuine. VCM was a hoot on the Off Menu podcast so I think she'll be clever in some ways but maybe not all. I think this will be a great bunch to argue their case with Greg which this series sorely lacked.

Reactions: 1
Guz Khan is always funny on panel shows I've seen him on so I imagine he will be fun.

Although there’s been a couple dud tasks this series (though even the best series do) I’ve really enjoyed it as a whole. I loved how tit Charlotte was at tasks but how much she enjoyed herself, Mike and Lee were brilliant and although I’d never heard of Sarah before, she was so good at the tasks with a perfect mix of taking it really seriously and having fun. Cant stand Jamali though, I’d switch off on his tasks as he just winds me up.

Reactions: 9
I loved Charlotte as well because she threw herself into it so much. Clearly had the time of her life, was very tit. It's okay if they are tit if they embrace the bonkers of Taskmaster.

The S12 lineup is interesting, not sure how they are going to go down. But I at least know more of that lineup than I did of S11

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.