Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like David Mitchell please. Most of the others I’d have wanted have been on by now. But those couple of spoilers for next time are very exciting and I like the current line up too
Unfortunately, David Mitchell has already said no!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I would like David Mitchell please. Most of the others I’d have wanted have been on by now. But those couple of spoilers for next time are very exciting and I like the current line up too
He'd be great! I think he'd also work as a stand-in Taskmaster if Greg was ever busy/became a contestant for a special because of his withering put downs and utter disdain for everyone and everything 😂

I've given it some thought and Bill Bailey, Tamsin Greig, Stephen Mangan and Mark Heap would also be on my wishlist (not all at the same time, although I appreciate I've listed a strange Black Books/Green Wing crossover!)

Kathy Burke would also be sensational, although perhaps she'd be better on the New Zealand version due to her penchant for saying c*nt, as they don't censor it on there 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Looked up the spoilers and feel very vindicated that I’d guessed one of the contestants. I can’t wait to watch 17 now!!

Reactions: 4
There's a very, very sneaky reveal of one of the Series 17 cast members in the Guardian Cryptic Crossword today. It must be a setup for a Prize Task, as when the crossword is solved, a message in the columns reads "GREG PLEASE GIVE STEVE ALL FIVE POINTS"

The suspected person has a history of doing this sort of thing with crossword puzzles in their other work, and they are filming the studio sections today, so I can imagine the contestant hauling out the Guardian at a pivotal moment and casually handing the paper over to Greg with a devilish smile.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
There's a very, very sneaky reveal of one of the Series 17 cast members in the Guardian Cryptic Crossword today. It must be a setup for a Prize Task, as when the crossword is solved, a message in the columns reads "GREG PLEASE GIVE STEVE ALL FIVE POINTS"

The suspected person has a history of doing this sort of thing with crossword puzzles in their other work, and they are filming the studio sections today, so I can imagine the contestant hauling out the Guardian at a pivotal moment and casually handing the paper over to Greg with a devilish smile.
omg that's awesome!

The crossword in the Inside No.9 episode, The Riddle of the Sphynx, was also featured before the episode aired. It was highly criticised.

Reactions: 1
omg that's awesome!

The crossword in the Inside No.9 episode, The Riddle of the Sphynx, was also featured before the episode aired. It was highly criticised.
Was it? Don’t remember it being criticised at all, quite the opposite.
obviously also trying to avoid going into spoilers

Reactions: 1

Ooooh, I love that!!! And I love the tie-in with previous work of theirs. Definitely sounds like very very clever prize task shenanigans! 🤗
---
Yeah I listened to the episode of Brydon& that he was on and he said people didn't like it
It’s one of my absolute favourites!

I'm confused. I'm finding Sam's constantly baffled face so incredibly attractive 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Julian gives zero f*cks and I’m here for it. Him with the teeth and the short nasally one 😂
---
That was genius from
Susan!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Julian has clearly never watched an episode of this in his life and will be having words with his agent, he is a prime example of how to be rude without being offensive tho, the man is pure class.

I did want him to win until Susan’s mischief task, who knew you could make mice and fish out of it!

Reactions: 7
Last night's episode felt a bit flat; it had a few moments that did make me laugh but overall the tone just seemed odd. Maybe that's just me.

Unless his character is deeper than I thought Julian clearly regrets taking part, which is a shame.

Thank you!

Looking forward to seeing Steve Pemberton and Nick Mohammed! I haven’t heard of the other 3.
I find Mr Swallow bloody annoying but I hope he is funnier as himself.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.