Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately, David Mitchell has already said no!

That’s a shame :( Although it doesn’t surprise me. Personally I think he’d be great in it :)

I’m not really loving the new series so far. Usually, even when I’m not really excited by the line up, I’m pleasantly surprised once it gets started.
But this time I’m not hating it but not finding any stand out funny moments either.
Julian is quite good, in his usual detached, slightly dismissive way 😆
Lucy seems to have decided to play the slightly quirky one.
Sue Perkins strikes me as someone who has to work quite hard at being spontaneous.
Sam and Susan are both quite good fun.
But, I dunno - I still feel like I’m waiting for it to get going.

Reactions: 3
I would love to see a whole Ted Lasso TaskMaster they wouldn’t need to do it in character either as they seem to be such a fun group, I could see Jason taking it very seriously and being confused about the Britishness of it, Hannah would obviously get away with everything just by flirting with Greg and if you’ve seen Brett’s Sesame Street clip he would just bring so much infectious energy.

Phil Dunster could however come as Jamie Tartt, he would be an endless target for Greg as the weakest link.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I would love to see a whole Ted Lasso TaskMaster they wouldn’t need to do it in character either as they seem to be such a fun group, I could see Jason taking it very seriously and being confused about the Britishness of it, Hannah would obviously get away with everything just by flirting with Greg and if you’ve seen Brett’s Sesame Street clip he would just bring so much infectious energy.

Phil Dunster could however come as Jamie Tartt, he would be an endless target for Greg as the weakest link.
Coach Beard on Taskmaster would be amazing

Reactions: 4
Oh my god I've only watched ten mins of the first ep and Lucy. Shut uppppppppppp
I agree with you. I'm sure Jon has been on. Surely she's seen the programme? I don't find pretending to be dumb very funny or maybe it's just me

I agree with you. I'm sure Jon has been on. Surely she's seen the programme? I don't find pretending to be dumb very funny or maybe it's just me
No it all seems so fake and contrived, and it's just not funny. I don't know if I'm being mad but I feel like a few of the 'cast' and getting iritated too ?

No it all seems so fake and contrived, and it's just not funny. I don't know if I'm being mad but I feel like a few of the 'cast' and getting iritated too ?
I think Lucy does say some very funny things at times - but like you I find the whole ditzy vague quirky observations routine extremely grating.
I can't see Julian tolerating it really.

Reactions: 6
I think Lucy does say some very funny things at times - but like you I find the whole ditzy vague quirky observations routine extremely grating.
I can't see Julian tolerating it really.
Yeah I agree. I think the other comedians are genuinely quick and witty, where as her interactions seem to be long drawn out bits with no real punchline - the laughs are more of a 'is this woman this dumb' as opposed to 'wow Lucy is so funny'

Yeah I agree. I think the other comedians are genuinely quick and witty, where as her interactions seem to be long drawn out bits with no real punchline - the laughs are more of a 'is this woman this dumb' as opposed to 'wow Lucy is so funny'
There are some longer Lucy bits on Taskmaster IG and I just have to question … what is she?

Reactions: 1
Watching on plus one so not seen it all. But observations so far:
Julian is hilariously deadpan.
My entirely unsuitable crush on Sam increases.

• Haha
Didn't like that last task about nicknames. Seemed so wierd and open ended. I kept expecting there to be a hidden clue somewhere giving it structure.
And what is this 'have you found the hidden tasks?' thing Alex will randomly ask? I bet there will be a good reveal at some point.

Reactions: 5
I loved it when Julian got the camera men to sit on him and Alex 😂 when he said his nick name was duck pig u spit my tea out. Julian to win 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Listened to the podcast with Lucy.
She had a couple of tiny moments but largely was not her “ditzy” personality from on Taskmaster at all.
which just makes me dislike her on taskmaster even more as it’s a dialled up stupid act.

Ed Gamble, however, proper fanboys her and guffaws at everything.

Reactions: 7
Listened to the podcast with Lucy.
She had a couple of tiny moments but largely was not her “ditzy” personality from on Taskmaster at all.
which just makes me dislike her on taskmaster even more as it’s a dialled up stupid act.

Ed Gamble, however, proper fanboys her and guffaws at everything.
I like Ed, but he does this a lot and I wish he wouldn't haha

• Haha
I loved it when Julian got the camera men to sit on him and Alex 😂 when he said his nick name was duck pig u spit my tea out. Julian to win 😂
I’ve loved Julian ever since the days of Fanny the Wonder Dog, anyone who’s autobiography is entitled The Lick of Love is a winner in my book.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.