Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't Rose Matefeo treat James Acaster badly when they were dating, or have I got that wrong?
---

To be fair, Jenny Eclair has always been that way; her character has barely changed since the eighties.
I don’t think she did. It was a different girlfriend of his that cheated on him with Rowan Atkinson. Might be what you’re thinking of?

Reactions: 5
I don’t think she did. It was a different girlfriend of his that cheated on him with Rowan Atkinson. Might be what you’re thinking of?
Yeah, maybe... I know he had a girlfriend leave him for Blackadder.
I'm sure he dated Rose though. I must be thinking of Ivo.

I cannot imagine those two having sex.

Yeah, maybe... I know he had a girlfriend leave him for Blackadder.
I'm sure he dated Rose though. I must be thinking of Ivo.

I cannot imagine those two having sex.
James and Rose were definitely together. Not sure about the break up though. There’s an image I didn’t need!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
James and Rose were definitely together. Not sure about the break up though. There’s an image I didn’t need!
I think James has said he had a breakdown after he split with Rose.
I loved Jennie’s laugh in the potato hat task, it was so genuine and happy

Reactions: 6
Jenny is being exactly herself. If you listen to her podcast she's always like that. Sweary, exasperated with herself, showoff when needed. Mumsie moment with Ivo giving him a hug. She looks like she is having a great time. It's really nice to see older ladies having fun!

Reactions: 7
Jenny is being exactly herself. If you listen to her podcast she's always like that. Sweary, exasperated with herself, showoff when needed. Mumsie moment with Ivo giving him a hug. She looks like she is having a great time. It's really nice to see older ladies having fun!
Indeed. I’m baffled by the suggestion that she’s ‘trying to be Jo Brand’. Aside from the fact that Jenny is exactly the same as she has been since the 90s, they have very different personas - Jenny is like a dotty auntie, Jo does exasperated ennui. Not remotely similar, beyond broad commonalities that arise from being the same sex, a similar age, and having likely had similar experiences of breaking into the ‘boys club’ of stand up 30 years ago.

Taskmaster tends to cast ‘types’ that are broadly similar: the older man who is crap at most of the tasks, the older woman who is a bit baffled by it all, the angry-ish younger man, the younger woman with a bit of ‘teenage’ stropiness …

Reactions: 12
For listeners of Ed's podcast, any guesses for who Jenny was exasperated got cast before her?

She said 3 years (or series?) before her (but might be 3 years before she was chosen, as they filmed a few series in batches recently, so might be longer ago).

Reactions: 1
Indeed. I’m baffled by the suggestion that she’s ‘trying to be Jo Brand’. Aside from the fact that Jenny is exactly the same as she has been since the 90s, they have very different personas - Jenny is like a dotty auntie, Jo does exasperated ennui. Not remotely similar, beyond broad commonalities that arise from being the same sex, a similar age, and having likely had similar experiences of breaking into the ‘boys club’ of stand up 30 years ago.
Yeah, Jo was very minimal energy. Often very amusingly so, but she was firmly unbothered by the whole experience, not even David Baddiel at his most frustrating broke her.

Jenny was having the Best Time Of Her Life in that top hat and potato task until the possibility she could be disqualified hit her, and then she sunk to the depths of despair in a Joe Wilkinson fashion. She's all highs and lows, no middle-ground, and that's fantastic on a show like Taskmaster.

Reactions: 12
I thought James A treated Rose M badly and then slagged her off in his book and standup without telling her? He then went out with Louise Ford who left him for Rowan Atkinson. He did a whole thing about being left for Mr Bean. Although out of the 2 I’d definitely choose Rowan as James strikes me as a misogynist. I like Ivo though, and I like Rose so happy if they’re together.
Back to this series - I love Kiell!!!

I thought James A treated Rose M badly and then slagged her off in his book and standup without telling her? He then went out with Louise Ford who left him for Rowan Atkinson. He did a whole thing about being left for Mr Bean. Although out of the 2 I’d definitely choose Rowan as James strikes me as a misogynist. I like Ivo though, and I like Rose so happy if they’re together.
Back to this series - I love Kiell!!!
I do get the impression that as far as relationships go, James Acaster is a sea of red flags. 🫤

Reactions: 4
Ivo has had me crying this episode, the weak coward 😂♥

• Haha
I’d love a thread about UK comedians to discuss all this kind of gossip, they all seem such good friends so must be weird when they all date each other!

Reactions: 14
Mae is utterly delightful, i've loved them since I saw an episode of Russell Howard's Good News.

Kiell is brilliant. A properly brilliant barmy comedian who is perfect for Taskmaster.

I utterly adore Ivo, love his blue shorts, he's got a lovely bum as he so delightfully showcased in the fight task. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Those of you discovering Mae for the first time, check out Feel Good, the sit com they wrote. It also stars former Taskmaster contestant Charlotte Ritchie and I loved it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Those of you discovering Mae for the first time, check out Feel Good, the sit com they wrote. It also stars former Taskmaster contestant Charlotte Ritchie and I loved it!
Did I read somewhere that they used to be an item too? Will definitely give it a watch. Really warmed to them.

I loved this show, it was so good.

• Heart
I’d love a thread about UK comedians to discuss all this kind of gossip, they all seem such good friends so must be weird when they all date each other!
Haha yes! I love when you notice them all hanging out together on insta or in a podcast when someone says ‘josh’ and you’re like I KNOW WHO YOU MEAN.
Ivo ran a semi successful Traitors themed NYE party that ed gamble and people went to. Sounds fab 😂

Jenny was the first female winner of the Perrier at Edinburg Fringe. It was quite the news item at the time.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else irrationality angry that taskmaster isn't on till 22:30 this week?? I use it as my marker to Friday, and I won't be able to stay up that late. Bah

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.