Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else irrationality angry that taskmaster isn't on till 22:30 this week?? I use it as my marker to Friday, and I won't be able to stay up that late. Bah
All for Scared of the Dark. Which is gonna be tit.

Has Danny Dyer presenting it and a load of 'hard geezer' blokes among the celeb cast. So I'm hoping they use that Steps song Scared of the Dark as the theme tune.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
For listeners of Ed's podcast, any guesses for who Jenny was exasperated got cast before her?

She said 3 years (or series?) before her (but might be 3 years before she was chosen, as they filmed a few series in batches recently, so might be longer ago).
She said it was 3 years ago so maybe Series 12. My guess is Victoria Coren Mitchell

Reactions: 2
I’m trying to think of people from the last 3-6 series (given that they batch cast/film them) who would have been contemporaries of Jenny’s from back in the day, so maybe Jo Brand, Richard Herring, or David Baddiel?

Reactions: 2
Ivo has a new podcast out which fans of that UK comedy scene will enjoy called Gig Pigs (at least I enjoy it!) The premise is pretty simple - he and Alex Early go to a live music gig with a comedy friend and then discuss it.

Reactions: 1
I thought James A treated Rose M badly and then slagged her off in his book and standup without telling her? He then went out with Louise Ford who left him for Rowan Atkinson. He did a whole thing about being left for Mr Bean. Although out of the 2 I’d definitely choose Rowan as James strikes me as a misogynist. I like Ivo though, and I like Rose so happy if they’re together.
Back to this series - I love Kiell!!!
He dated Louise Ford from 2012-2013, she’s the one who left him for Rowan Atkinson. He dated Rose from 2014-2017. When she dumped him he had a year long mental breakdown which he writes a lot about in Perfect Sound Whatever and also touches on briefly in Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999 (he doesn’t go into detail, unlike the Bean and Bake Off breakups, just says it was the worse one of them all and he didn’t want to break up). I’ve read the book, he talks a lot about how the breakup affected him but doesn’t explain the reason why she dumped him, just that he didn’t like himself and didn’t think he was ever worth her time and as a result wasn’t the boyfriend he could have been. And in Cold Lasagne he says after most breakups you realise it’s okay and you probably dodged a bullet, but after this one he realised he was the bullet that SHE dodged.

I think they were friends for a while after, she appeared on Hypothetical and they still have a lot of mutual friends, but according to Rose they fell out at some point and James never told her he was writing a book about their breakup, she found out from a stranger while riding public transport. Also, in the second of Starstruck there’s a toxic ex-boyfriend of Jessie’s who says he wants to be friends with her but is desperately trying to get her back, that seems very James-inspired.

Reactions: 8
I just watched episode 5 and I'm gobsmacked at how unfair that final studio task was to Frankie and Ivo: a ten point swing is pretty grim, especially when the team of three had a definite advantage in being able to shove everything into the fishing waders quicker, there being more hands on deck.

A pretty poor episode in general for me, the musical task was dull as ditchwater, save for the final reveal about Kiell. And Mae being a fake-psychic went on forever: a good concept, indifferently executed. (Sadly I'm finding Mae overall very boring, I love them as an actor, but on Taskmaster they are so quiet and blandly competent it's just no fun to watch. Give me a dangerous lunatic like Rhod Gilbert, a loveable eccentric like Wozniack or someone bogglingly useless like Victoria C-M any day)

Loving Frankie and Ivo during the spoon task though: just a pair of small boys having fun with a walkie-talkie, bless them.

Reactions: 11
I just watched episode 5 and I'm gobsmacked at how unfair that final studio task was to Frankie and Ivo
I don’t really enjoy team tasks as they’re often unfair - having an extra person can either be a benefit or a hindrance, depending on the nature of the task, but they’re always unbalanced.

I also don’t think Frankie is making much of an effort to disguise the fact that he doesn’t like Ivo, either in the studio or the team tasks.

Jenny & Ivo would have been better together, and Frankie with Kiel & Mae.

Reactions: 8
The ‘Rosalind’ songs episode was on Dave tonight - probably my favourite thing that ever happened on Taskmaster 🤩🤩🤩🤩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The ‘Rosalind’ songs episode was on Dave tonight - probably my favourite thing that ever happened on Taskmaster 🤩🤩🤩🤩
Most people always rave about Mark and Nish's song most, and it was great, but I will always crease when I remember Bob Mortimer mumbling his way through the song except on the line "Rosalind's a fuckin' nightmare!"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Most people always rave about Mark and Nish's song most, and it was great, but I will always crease when I remember Bob Mortimer mumbling his way through the song except on the line "Rosalind's a fuckin' nightmare!"
So funny 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I often find myself singing a few lines of "Rosalind's a bleeping nightmare” as I go about my day 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Really struggling to get into this series. Not finding the tasks particularly enjoyable, and don’t think the cast are really clicking/having interesting banter with one another. Haven’t seen Mae in their own stuff before, but on Taskmaster I have to say I’m not warming to them. Was hoping Frankie Boyle would be a bit more outrageous. Yeah, it’s just missing its usual charm.

Reactions: 5
Series 5 and series 9 are my favourites but I really liked 14 too. Have to agree about this series, it feels a bit lacklustre.

Reactions: 4
Now they edit the language out of the shows so that they can be shown on All4, maybe being explicitly graphic is frowned upon?
This doesn’t apply for Frankie Boyle though clearly…
Sarah Millican brought a dildo last year... sorry, it was a bangle Holder on the Bleeped version 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.