Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Lee really the most trustworthy of comedians though? As @runningbutnotinfluencing said it's definitely the case that some panel shows have writers. But I don't think Taskmaster is like that.

I'd wager he's resentful he hasn't been on a series.
You know Brigit Christie is his wife? Blew my mind! Loved her on TM but not a fan of his. Also, no way it's scripted, I agree!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It’s not scripted.

Surely the nuggets of gold such as Iain Stirling being genuinely mortified, “YOU BREACHED IT WITH YOUR EYES (poppa don’t breach)” in S1, DMC just creasing laughing with everything, knappet naming the stage, and Bobs lower back issues are just a few examples of that.

obviously Alex and Greg’s stuff follows a script, otherwise it would be chaos!

Reactions: 8
That's why this show works and why comedians work best. The quick off the cuff quips and lack of worry about looking silly make this the gem it is.

Reactions: 11
It’s not scripted.

Surely the nuggets of gold such as Iain Stirling being genuinely mortified, “YOU BREACHED IT WITH YOUR EYES (poppa don’t breach)” in S1, DMC just creasing laughing with everything, knappet naming the stage, and Bobs lower back issues are just a few examples of that.

obviously Alex and Greg’s stuff follows a script, otherwise it would be chaos!
Let's not forget James Acaster's classic "Oh, just open it you pussy!" and the moments after with Gregg.
Alex particularly looked panicked and even said "Greg, don't!" when he stood up.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm a big fan of the show and rewatch eps all the time, esp when I'm feeling down.

Individually, I liked Kiell and Jenny Eclair! Think they're going to be my favs this season.

But, hm... I've gotta give it a few eps to see if they have any cohesion because so far I don't feel any at all. My favourite series/seasons (5 and 12) all had a really cohesive group of people you could tell got along. My least favourite seasons are the ones where the comedy styles clashed, and I fear that's what we're going to get a bit here?

Also, I found the 'silent panting dance' task a tinge hard to watch, and I usually like a bit of cringe comedy.

Reactions: 6
Loving this series. Proper laugh out loud moments. Kiell and Ivo are just brilliant 😂

I am waiting for it to get going, the second ep was much better as I felt the tasks on ep 1 were a bit boring. The series will be a slow burner but every series I love it more than the previous one so this might just be a blip for me. I think in my head I was expecting Frankie to really go for it but I’m yet to see what I imagined

Reactions: 1
Loving this series. Proper laugh out loud moments. Kiell and Ivo are just brilliant 😂
Kiell is very funny. I like Mae too.
Can't warm to Jenny Éclair at all tbh. I can't put my finger on what it is about her I dislike though.

Reactions: 4
Can't warm to Jenny Éclair at all tbh. I can't put my finger on what it is about her I dislike though.
My 14 year old, who has no idea who Jenny eclair is, keeps asking if there is something wrong with her 😂😂

• Haha
Same. Jenny seems to be trying really hard to be the kooky one.
My 14 year old, who has no idea who Jenny eclair is, keeps asking if there is something wrong with her 😂😂
Now I don't know who she is either, I just know her name, don't know any of her work, so I don't know if that kooky quirky thing is part of her brand if you like.

But I'm not enjoying her so far.

Frankie isn't annoying me as much as I thought he would.

Ivo is a posh boy delight. Mae is just adorable. Kiell is bleeping nuts, but brilliant.

I love Mae and Kiell, I'm indifferent to Frankie and Ivo, and I can't stand Jenny Eclair - she reminds me of Su Pollard

Reactions: 4
Can't warm to Jenny, she's trying to be Jo Brand... there is only one JB!!!

The other 4 however are fab!

Love ❤ Ivo. Apparently he’s in a long term relationship with Rose Matefo who I really liked too. Didn’t know Kiell beforehand but liking him so far. First saw Mae in House of Games. Thought they’d be the run away winner initially. Stunning looking woman too! Frankie I’m not that keen on given some of his past material and don’t think his character/ way of thinking works that well for some of the more imaginative tasks.

Reactions: 2
Love ❤ Ivo. Apparently he’s in a long term relationship with Rose Matefo who I really liked too. Didn’t know Kiell beforehand but liking him so far. First saw Mae in House of Games. Thought they’d be the run away winner initially. Stunning looking woman too! Frankie I’m not that keen on given some of his past material and don’t think his character/ way of thinking works that well for some of the more imaginative tasks.
Didn't Rose Matefeo treat James Acaster badly when they were dating, or have I got that wrong?
---
Can't warm to Jenny, she's trying to be Jo Brand... there is only one JB!!!

The other 4 however are fab!
To be fair, Jenny Eclair has always been that way; her character has barely changed since the eighties.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.