Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is this line up 😩 I don’t know if it’s the move to channel 4 or covid but something has taken the joy out of taskmaster lately 🥺 I’ve never even heard of the two women on there this series

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What is this line up 😩 I don’t know if it’s the move to channel 4 or covid but something has taken the joy out of taskmaster lately 🥺 I’ve never even heard of the two women on there this series
I’ve heard of Charlotte before. Only because she was in Fresh Meat with Jack Whitehall. She seems very reserved but not in the reserved but does funny things - just a bit bland.

Reactions: 1
I didn’t like Jamali- the way he pointed out that Charlotte wasn’t 3m away from the rat, even though he wasn’t 3m away!!!

I think it had to be the worst start to a series in the history of taskmaster, the money for contestants went on Lee mack , ive seen Charlotte in fresh meat , for the first half I thought Sarah Ferguson was doing it, and the second Carol Decker , either Would have been better than the woman I've never seen or heard of ever , never heard of the teacher in a suit guy either.

Jamali just seems like an aggressive prick who is he, he will spoil the whole thing, worst ever guest.

Lee mack won't be able to save this, im a massive fan of taskmaster but it could be the first time I won't bother to watch a series of taskmaster because of the first episode and guests , it was worse than appalling tbh

There is definitely something wrong with the casting in the last couple of series. It just isn't working. Mawaan had to save the last series. Lee Mack is the best hope for this.

Either they need to change the type of comedians they are going for. Or, they need to widen the net and do it like the New Year's Special and not cast just comedians.

Reactions: 4
I think it had to be the worst start to a series in the history of taskmaster, the money for contestants went on Lee mack , ive seen Charlotte in fresh meat , for the first half I thought Sarah Ferguson was doing it, and the second Carol Decker , either Would have been better than the woman I've never seen or heard of ever , never heard of the teacher in a suit guy either.

Jamali just seems like an aggressive prick who is he, he will spoil the whole thing, worst ever guest.

Lee mack won't be able to save this, im a massive fan of taskmaster but it could be the first time I won't bother to watch a series of taskmaster because of the first episode and guests , it was worse than appalling tbh
I was disappointed. I had looked forward to it and just found myself not even watching after a bit. It was so lacklustre.
It doesn't usually bother me I don't know half the guests, but they have to be interesting or engaging from the start.
Hopefully it will improve.
I would love to see Jack Dee on it. He has the right combination of clever and irritated.

Last edited:
I know it’s a good springboard for new comics, and like I said before I do end up warming to everyone in the end, but it does look a bit pathetic when they can only get one well known person on. Maybe they should only do one series a year if they can’t secure a good line up. Or, as said above, they should widen it and allow people other than comics to do it. Who would you guys like to see on there?

I really like it, I've binge watched my way from series one only recently. Some series are better than others as I prefer the contestants or know them more than others.

The tasks were better in the earlier series I think. I love the ones where they have to speak to a person, like the one where they had to find out the man's occupation but could only whisper 😂, also the one where they had to guess the pie fillings. So funny!

I think the people in the line ups hasn't mattered usually if the tasks are good and can bring things out in people comedians or not.

There wasn't one stand out good task in that first episode. The one with the plates was boring and had nothing to it and the one with the rat was tit.

Reactions: 5
I think the people in the line ups hasn't mattered usually if the tasks are good and can bring things out in people comedians or not.

There wasn't one stand out good task in that first episode. The one with the plates was boring and had nothing to it and the one with the rat was tit.
That's a fair point too. The tasks have been tit in recent series. It must be hard to keep coming up with good tasks, and the relentless rate at which series are being produced makes that even harder.

I know I’ve spoken about it before but definitely try the NZ series on YouTube if you can, the tasks don’t seem tired like ours and it shows you don’t need to know the people to enjoy the show (I only knew one of them [Madeline] before I watched). We are rewatching it now, we’ve rewatched the previous uk version a lot but I never want to see the last series again- I hope this current one warms up a bit!

Interesting comments. I actually really like this line up and much preferred the first episode to last series which I thought was crap.

Sarah Kendall is brilliant, seen her at Edinburgh Fringe twice.

I enjoyed it but I like it no matter the line up really. Charlotte was in Call The Midwife and Ghosts (which I highly recommend!)

Thank you for those who recommended the NZ series. We loved it!

not enjoying this at all tbh, Jamli seems determined to try and prove something to Greg, he is just wasting a place someone else could have had if he doesnt want to get into the spirit of the show , his moodiness and the way he speaks to people is disgusting, the way he speaks to Alex who is in on a joke so is probably ok with it is just vile, but as a viewer its just horrible to watch, he isnt even funny with it either, he just comes across disrespectful

not enjoying this at all tbh, Jamli seems determined to try and prove something to Greg, he is just wasting a place someone else could have had if he doesnt want to get into the spirit of the show , his moodiness and the way he speaks to people is disgusting, the way he speaks to Alex who is in on a joke so is probably ok with it is just vile, but as a viewer its just horrible to watch, he isnt even funny with it either, he just comes across disrespectful
I agree with you 100%. They should get Guz Khan for next series. He’d bring the show back to life.

I think Mike Wozniak is carrying the series so far.
i think Charlotte is nice, Greg has been teasing her which is funny.

i think thats what i liked last series with Greg taking the piss out of Katherine Parkinson, seeing her in tears of laughter was excellent, there is an outtake on the task where they had to look in locker, on the bit that went out you could see katherine had been laughing but nothing was mentioned , when you see the outtake Greg says there was a phantom trumper when they looked in the last locker, sure enough it was Katherine :D ,i think it was just a noise but it was hilarious and thats why Katherine had make up running down her face she couldnt stop laughing :D

Thats why Mike Wozniak and Greg are good because he teases him about looking like a school teacher, Greg has such a knack of taking the piss but not being nasty

Reactions: 7
I'm enjoying the latest series so far, just take it for what it is, a daft show. More enjoyable for me that much of what is on.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.