Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the actual premise of the show and also love greg but I find I'm put off by some of the smug self satisfied comedians that appear on it. They always seem so overly pleased with themselves.

I love Taskmaster. Every year I dislike the new lot at the start but I always end up thinking they're brilliant. This one is no exception. Daisy is so funny - LOVE her and Johnny.
I normally think that to..but I am really enjoying it as usual!

I always worry about Daisy being heavily pregnant 🙈

Reactions: 1
I cannot get over how dim Katherine is. I find myself just rolling my eyes at her, or shouting at the TV.

Final was a real anticlimax I thought, pretty dull episode. The rest of the series I enjoyed. Especially Marwaan, who was the only one I didn't previously know of, but some of his comments and faces were superb.

Looking forward to the Christmas Special instead.

I think it might have been my worst series. That last episode was just so boring! I hope that’s not a sign of things to come on channel 4! Covid probably didn’t help though.

not sure how I feel about next series line up- potentially good but I thought that about this one!

Final was a real anticlimax I thought, pretty dull episode. The rest of the series I enjoyed. Especially Marwaan, who was the only one I didn't previously know of, but some of his comments and faces were superb.

Looking forward to the Christmas Special instead.
I feel like a few of the episodes or tasks at least have fallen quite flat this series. Some tasks just haven't worked.

Mawaan saved the series for me. I don't think I would've enjoyed it at all without him.

Katherine just seemed like she has never watched an episode of Taskmaster.

The karaoke task was a real let down for me. I was hoping they would've at least made them sing Rosalind's a bleeping nightmare (one of my top five taskmaster moments), since they didn't have to write their own song.

Next series' line up is another huge question mark for me. Lee Mack being the only one I'm at all familiar with.

Champion of Champions Special is back though.

Well done to Richard. I'm going to go against the grain because I really enjoyed the series.

Katherine was my favourite, found her the most amusing.

“Am I the spider” had me howling!

Really enjoyed this series, would have preferred Daisy to win.

Reactions: 2
Rylan is honestly brilliant. Would honestly actually love a full series with this bunch. I'm actually enjoying it more than I did the whole of the last series somehow. Maybe it's because these lot aren't comedians so I didn't expect much.

Even Shirley has been a laugh with her innuendo.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Worked really well as a stand-alone episode I thought. No opportunity for the contestant choice to get stale like it did a bit with Daisy and Katherine. I can see why they kept the same contestants all series when it was low budget on Dave but presumably on C4 they have much bigger budget so could have more contestants. Maybe a halfway house move to a Masterchef style arrangement where the same competitors appear in 2 or 3 eps in a row and then it’s new sets of contestants every 2-3 eps with the last couple of eps of the series being the champions from earlier in the series?

Have just watched and really enjoyed Taskmaster New Zealand.

Here's a link to the 1st episode (all ten currently available) just in case anyone is interested.

• Wow
Have just watched and really enjoyed Taskmaster New Zealand.

Here's a link to the 1st episode (all ten currently available) just in case anyone is interested.

Oh thank you for this- I’d been wanting to watch thé NZ one but forgot about it. I weirdly watched so much New Zealand comedy in the first lockdown.

Just wanted to come back now I’ve watched the NZ series and say thanks so much to @Marj24 for jogging my memory to watch it and providing the link.

It was such a good series, great tasks (in the way ours used to be but no repeats of ours I don’t think) and good contestants who were all funny in different ways. Made me feel better after the last lacklustre UK series!

• Heart
Series 11 starts Thursday 11 March! Really looking forward to this.

Reactions: 5
I really enjoyed it! Must admit it’s one of the weakest line ups so far but I always end up warming to everyone in the end and it’s some much needed light relief right now

Possibly The Worst Line Up on the show so far...
Other than Mike Wozniak (who is bleeping amazing) and based on this clip, knows the taskmaster
VERY well indeed 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.