Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taskmaster is like friends in my go to TV show to stick on when I need something to cheer me up and make me laugh. I love it so much.

I was worried about the move to c4 and wasn't massively into this years line up but I did enjoy the first ep! Excited to see who will be the dud this year and be tit at everything. I am thinking katherine

Reactions: 4
Absolutely love Daisy and Johnny I think they’ve made this series so funny! Not finding Richard as annoying as I thought I would 😂

Reactions: 4
I can't work out how I feel about this series. Something just feels slightly not right about it. And I'm not liking the team tasks given some were filmed pre-social distancing and some with social distancing. Just makes them unfair.

Daisy and Johnny are just chaotic telly, brilliant.

Richard and Katherine are a bit meh, more so Katherine.

Mawaan, well, I love him. He is so gloriously tit but so adorable.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I can't work out how I feel about this series. Something just feels slightly not right about it. And I'm not liking the team tasks given some were filmed pre-social distancing and some with social distancing. Just makes them unfair.

Daisy and Johnny are just chaotic telly, brilliant.

Richard and Katherine are a bit meh, more so Katherine.

Mawaan, well, I love him. He is so gloriously tit but so adorable.
Katherine is not what I imagined tbh she’s pretty straight faced and reserved. Guess I’m just used to her manic performance as Jen in It Crowd 😂 i must remember that people are not their characters. I still like her but she’s a little bland. Yes I like Mawaan too he’s pretty funny.

Reactions: 2
I'm thoroughly enjoying it still. Johnny and Katherine are probably my favourites, they really crack me up, though the whole lineup is strong for me.

Loving this series so far. First time in ages I know who everyone is. Katherine annoys me. She’s tit at the tasks but doesn’t try rectify it by being funny. She’s really reserved.

love JV as always. Surprised at how funny I find daisy. Her and Johnny need to do more stuff together! They’ve got good banter. RH I (not so) secretly have always fancied.There’s just something about him I like. MR is brilliant.

I wasn't sure about this series because I only knew Johnny Vegas. But I'm enjoying it.

Was actually disappointed Greg didn't give a proper teacher-like lecture after the shambles of them all getting disqualified. Loved Mawaan being a little witch and snitching on Daisy. Turns out I've gone from not knowing who Mawaan is to absolutely adoring him. He tries so hard to find the depth or "secret" way through a task and usually ends up bleeping it up. But I love him, he's adorable and so cute.

What are opinions on the New Year's one-off special? Shirley Ballas, Rylan, Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Nicola Coughlan and John Hannah in the line up. I'm not sure about Shirley Ballas getting in to the Taskmastereyness of it. I'm sure Rylan will be great TV.

Reactions: 6
What are opinions on the New Year's one-off special? Shirley Ballas, Rylan, Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Nicola Coughlan and John Hannah in the line up. I'm not sure about Shirley Ballas getting in to the Taskmastereyness of it. I'm sure Rylan will be great TV.
I think Nicola and Rylan will have good banter together. Not too sure about the rest

I'm just catching up with this week's eps and I like the contestants this series but I feel like the tasks just aren't on the same level.

I know obviously if they're having to keep them in the house and distanced etc they will be harder but they just feel a bit meh

As funny as it was I had no idea what on earth was going on in the the task where they learned lines this week. It went on for ages and just didn't feel like a task.

Reactions: 5
I'm just catching up with this week's eps and I like the contestants this series but I feel like the tasks just aren't on the same level.

I know obviously if they're having to keep them in the house and distanced etc they will be harder but they just feel a bit meh

As funny as it was I had no idea what on earth was going on in the the task where they learned lines this week. It went on for ages and just didn't feel like a task.
I skipped that task. Seemed pointless

I love Taskmaster. Every year I dislike the new lot at the start but I always end up thinking they're brilliant. This one is no exception. Daisy is so funny - LOVE her and Johnny.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

That task was a waste of effort, I went to brush my teeth during that task, was far more interesting.

I was impressed at how well Richard had learnt all the parts when they showed him doing them all. Agree that up until then it was dull.

But then being a stand up comedian is really just another form of acting. Some of them throw in a few "topical" bits or some audience participation/banter to disguise it, but the majority of most stand-ups' acts is actually long ago pre-written pre-rehearsed learnt lines, much like any play.

I've really not warmed to this series, loved every other one previously. Not sure if it's the contestants, the tasks, or the social distancing, but it's not right IMO.

Reactions: 3
I thought this series started well with the first episode being really funny but now I’m just a bit meh with it. I think without Mawaan it would be so boring.

i also hate that the prize task is so rubbish now, everybody just bringing crap that is vaguely on theme.

i much prefer the old series’. It was my favourite show ever so it’s a shame!

I thought this series started well with the first episode being really funny but now I’m just a bit meh with it. I think without Mawaan it would be so boring.

i also hate that the prize task is so rubbish now, everybody just bringing crap that is vaguely on theme.

i much prefer the old series’. It was my favourite show ever so it’s a shame!
Mawaan is definitely saving this series.

Daisy's total lack of effort on the prize task is just so boring.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.