Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chiles' tea urn really made me laugh. Descaling is so satisfying. A really good line up I think! Everyone was a good sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
That was a great line up and Adrian was unexpectedly awesome! I'd like to have a series with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
These one off New Year shows are perfect - as we get to see people who wouldnt normally go on there as they are too busy - so hopefully the likes of Richard Ayoade or David Mitchell etc might be up for the 1 off episodes.
This years was epic loved it and last years was too, loved Rylan and Shirley and tonight Adrian and Baroness were hilarious!
My favourite series (and the one that introduced me to Taskmaster) was series 5 with Bob and Sally, loved all the line up and been addicted ever since. Didnt enjoy series 10 as much - got annoyed with Daisy and found Jonny and Richard just sort of faded into the background sadly. Also the series with Lisa Tarbuck wasnt the best but she thankfully saved it and a few good moments from the others.
Oh and I have weird crushes on Greg (without beard), Bob Mortimer (obviously), Russell Howard and Mike W!
Some of my favourite TV moments have come from Taskmaster but my standout favourites are the Rosalind songs and Lisa Tarbuck with the cake.
I am always disappointed with new line ups - as a lot of people I havent heard of - but once you start watching you just fall in love with them - like Guz and Mowan so I am open to seeing new faces now as often the show itself brings out the best in people.
I also enjoyed the Outsiders - did any of you watch it - a lot of ex Taskmaster people and it was great.

Would have loved to see people like Rick Mayall and Sean Lock but also Ade Edmondson, Vic Reeves, Jimmy Carr, David O'Doherty, Paul Merton, Ed Byrne, Dara Obriain, Jason Manford, Reginald D Hunter, Henning Weihn, Jack Dee, Paul Whitehouse, French / Saunders, Harry Enfield, Cathy Burke, Harry Hill, Ricky Gervais, Mickey Flannigan, Goodness Gracious Me cast, Miles Jupp, Bill Bailey, Jonathon Ross, Tom Allen - blimey I could go on forever!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I've just listened to the TM podcast!.He's really into the tea urn cleaning 🤣 ! And descaling kettles . Greg seemed quite taken with him. I can't believe he nailed it having barely seen any. He really knew how to be perfectly silly and how to engage Greg charmingly.

• Haha
Loves New Years Treat. Adrian was unexpectedly brilliant. Claudia was just Claudia as I expected, chaos. Lady Leshur, didn't really like her. Jonnie Peacock, loved then ambition with the pole (and kinda, definitely fancy Jonnie Peacock, so I was sad he unwell for the studio segment, but he was great). Baroness Warsi was great, up for a laugh and got stuck in.

Reactions: 4
LOVED Adrian, in fact they were all good. Even Baroness Warsi who I would've thought was a stiff Tory clearly enjoyed herself and was up for a laugh. Shows that they don't always need comedians on the show. Loved Claudia's brand of madness she brings to everything, she seems so bloody lovely.

I really loved the special! I found them all really entertaining… I would like Adrian on a full series, and I bloody love Claudia

Reactions: 3
These one off New Year shows are perfect - as we get to see people who wouldnt normally go on there as they are too busy - so hopefully the likes of Richard Ayoade or David Mitchell etc might be up for the 1 off episodes.
This years was epic loved it and last years was too, loved Rylan and Shirley and tonight Adrian and Baroness were hilarious!
My favourite series (and the one that introduced me to Taskmaster) was series 5 with Bob and Sally, loved all the line up and been addicted ever since. Didnt enjoy series 10 as much - got annoyed with Daisy and found Jonny and Richard just sort of faded into the background sadly. Also the series with Lisa Tarbuck wasnt the best but she thankfully saved it and a few good moments from the others.
Oh and I have weird crushes on Greg (without beard), Bob Mortimer (obviously), Russell Howard and Mike W!
Some of my favourite TV moments have come from Taskmaster but my standout favourites are the Rosalind songs and Lisa Tarbuck with the cake.
I am always disappointed with new line ups - as a lot of people I havent heard of - but once you start watching you just fall in love with them - like Guz and Mowan so I am open to seeing new faces now as often the show itself brings out the best in people.
I also enjoyed the Outsiders - did any of you watch it - a lot of ex Taskmaster people and it was great.

Would have loved to see people like Rick Mayall and Sean Lock but also Ade Edmondson, Vic Reeves, Jimmy Carr, David O'Doherty, Paul Merton, Ed Byrne, Dara Obriain, Jason Manford, Reginald D Hunter, Henning Weihn, Jack Dee, Paul Whitehouse, French / Saunders, Harry Enfield, Cathy Burke, Harry Hill, Ricky Gervais, Mickey Flannigan, Goodness Gracious Me cast, Miles Jupp, Bill Bailey, Jonathon Ross, Tom Allen - blimey I could go on forever!
I honestly think Ayoade would be GOLD (and eye candy). David Mitchell, Bill Bailey and Eddie Izzard would be ace too. Dawn French and Natasia Demetriou would be brilliant as well.

I love this show so much! Me and Mr Voltaire watch the repeats constantly. And any time my children see an old oak tree, they start singing Tree Wizard (though they've only seen the clean versions, obvs)

• Heart
Just read the next line up for next month is - Ardal O'Hanlon, Judi Love, Bridget Christie, Chris Ramsay and Sophie Dukor.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Chris Ramsay's false, over the top. laughing at everything will start to grate pretty quickly, and Judi Love just isn't funny...the rest should be good though

Reactions: 1
I like Chris Ramsay, Ardal O'Hanlon is a good actor, don't know whether he will be good on this or not. I don't get the love of Judi Love. Not sure about her.

The other two I don't really know anything about.

Judi Love does seem to be on TV a lot at the moment - does she have a talent that isn't obvious? She must be the new Mickey Flannagan who was everywhere about ten years ago and haven't seen or heard from him since (and all the better for it).

Reactions: 2
When I first saw the line up I didn't mind Judi love being announced but having watched her on a multitude of shows over Christmas and recently she is not remotely funny.
Every game show she just had the same shtick of not knowing how the game worked and it gets old fast.
I'm hoping she's not as bad in the taskmaster setting.

When I first saw the line up I didn't mind Judi love being announced but having watched her on a multitude of shows over Christmas and recently she is not remotely funny.
Every game show she just had the same shtick of not knowing how the game worked and it gets old fast.
I'm hoping she's not as bad in the taskmaster setting.
I’m thinking though some of the people I’ve enjoyed the most on shows like this aren’t that funny but because of the tasks it helps ALOT

Adrian Chiles and Syeeda Warsi were a revelation, so I’m keeping an open mind about everyone from now on. I think the nature of Taskmaster allows non-comedians’ natural funniness and personality to come through in a way that doesn’t often happen on traditional panel shows

• Heart
Adrian Chiles and Syeeda Warsi were a revelation, so I’m keeping an open mind about everyone from now on. I think the nature of Taskmaster allows non-comedians’ natural funniness and personality to come through in a way that doesn’t often happen on traditional panel shows
The specials prove that sometimes one of the 5 on a regular series doesn't need to be a comedian. Even Richard Osman on S1 (?) Showed it as well.

The specials prove that sometimes one of the 5 on a regular series doesn't need to be a comedian. Even Richard Osman on S1 (?) Showed it as well.
Paul from The Chase is still one of my fave TM contestants. Just due to the nature of the show it brings out a different side to them. Then you have people who I thought would be hilarious, like Lee Mack who fell flat (to me)

Rylan and Shirley Ballass too were epic - people didnt think much of them being on the show and they turned out to be wonderful.
A lot of previous series contestants I had not heard of and they now have a place in my heart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.