Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was a bit disappointed by the first episode - too many low effort/energy contestants for me this series. Morgana seems good fun though.

I loved last series and was in hysterics most episodes, so clearly we all like different things šŸ˜…
I agree. I know it was only the first episode but it wasnā€™t the best Iā€™ve ever seen and the team task at the end was rubbish in my opinion, even Greg seemed bored by it. Donā€™t like Morgana, I found the faux sexy thing irritating very quickly. Which is a shame because I like her acting generally. I think itā€™ll liven up as it goes along though.

Reactions: 1
Finally caught up with the first episode. Actually really enjoyed it. I've felt a bit meh about the past few, so was pleasant surprised. At the start I picked Morgana as my series winner and my husband picked Alan....
feeling smug

Reactions: 3
Watched it 3 times now (It takes me forever to watch shows and not loose interest midway through)
Love Guz, but I think it's because we're both from Cov I'm biased.
Not sure how I feel about Desiree atm but I think its because Americans just have a different kind of humour?
Really liking Morgana and Victoria the father christmas thing is my fav taskmaster quote going
Alan is a bit forgettable so far
The prize task was quite tit but I think after this amount of serieses they're running out of ideas

Reactions: 2
I think the last two series were dulled down by Covid. If you look back at the previous series clips of people touching and mucking about it was all so much easier to be silly. Now they have to be very careful.

I think Morgana will win the series but my heart belongs to Guz Khan* "Then brother, this is not sensible"

*I have a huge crush on him

My husband and I have rewatched all of Taskmaster since the start of the pandemic (we're halfway through S11) and I know S10 gets a lot of tit for various reasons but I do think it really suffered by being the first Covid-19 series - the uncertainty, the sweeping changes on and off screen etc

For Champion of Champions I hope Liza wins but tbh as long as the winner isn't Lou Sanders I'll be fine.

Reactions: 6
The tasks are still lacking for me. I do like this cast but couldn't believe it when the studio task came on last night as it felt like we'd flew through the ep without any decent tasks.

The group task going up the mountain was meh šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

I actually quite enjoyed season 10. Better than 8 at least.
I did find 8 stressful on the rewatch. I find Iain funny but he did act like a massive prick (although did at least recognise that). Paul Sinha broke my heart, although he has said that he would have been tit even if he was at full health. My Dad faced Paul Sinha on the Chase pre-illness and said he was a very kind and funny man and my Dad generally thinks everyone is a wanker for some reason. I found Lou Sanders a nightmare and knowing she won just annoyed me.
The saviours were Sian and Joe for me and I will always cherish for their overall vibes and their electro song.

But yeah. Series 8 didn't have the excuse of being slap bang in a pandemic.

Reactions: 7
I loved the show but not now, not now that they've taken Lisa Tarbuck's sublime task of Alex sitting on a cake with his bare bum and made it into a general task for everybody. That is such an affront to originality that it's put me off Taskmaster forever.

I actually rather like when you can see how previous seasons and tasks, and the way players respond to those tasks, influence the new series.

Reactions: 3
Not feeling this series so far, Guz Khan is the only one making me laugh, Victoria annoys me. Favourites of recent have been Daisy May Cooper and Mile Wozniak.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Guz trying to paint the space hopper was the highlight of the series so far from me.
ā€œSafety first broā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ’€

• Haha
So this first task is a) the one they nicked off Liza Tarbuck, and b) essentially ā€˜sploshingā€™. šŸ¤¢

And the ad break is a fake taskmaster task advertising Google Translate?

What the duck has happened to Taskmaster? It used to be amazing, now itā€™s a grubby Google shill recycling the better moments from earlier series.

is Liza getting royalties for the cake idea?

/ can Morgana and Greg just shag and get it over with please šŸ˜‚

• Haha
I enjoyed the goal keeper task and the final task, and other between (the ball across the corridor was to complex for me). I enjoy thd show, it's not always going to be classic (although the dart/balloon was up there for me). It's an hour of mindless fun for me, and fits the spot!

Reactions: 9
I enjoyed the goal keeper task and the final task, and other between (the ball across the corridor was to complex for me). I enjoy thd show, it's not always going to be classic (although the dart/balloon was up there for me). It's an hour of mindless fun for me, and fits the spot!
the balloon task actually really stressed me out šŸ˜‚ it was ā€œgood dartsā€

I think they purposely did the cake task on this ep because it was the 100th! Which makes sense - referencing one of the most iconic moments on the show on a milestone ep.

I still do really enjoy this show - I like the silliness and frivolity and the competitiveness that comes out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Really enjoyed this weekā€™s episode - was far more like the older series that seemed more genuine and where the contestants actually put effort in and came up with clever/funny solutions. The prize task was ace too - again, in the last few seasons itā€™s like they canā€™t be bothered to think up a good prize, but Desiree commissioning a painting etc. had old Taskmaster vibes. Thought Victoria buying Alan part of a ā€˜wrongā€™ season ticket and Gregā€™s reaction was hilarious too.

Reactions: 14
Not hating this series as much as the last two.

and also as your friendly local foreign taskmaster watcher- just finished the first Norwegian series and really enjoyed it, on YouTube with subtitles it still worked.

cannot get on with Finland though- they sit around like theyā€™re on a chat show and have a rotating 5th person.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.