Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rylan and Shirley Ballass too were epic - people didnt think much of them being on the show and they turned out to be wonderful.
A lot of previous series contestants I had not heard of and they now have a place in my heart!
We need Rylan on a full series, he was brilliant

Reactions: 9
New series starts on the 14th of April 🙌🏼

Alex Horne fans - I’m very late to the party but just in case anyone else hadn’t watched No More Jockeys on YouTube I’d recommend it!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've always been a little in love with Greg. Always loved his height. BUT I never realised how tall 'little' Alex Horne was until seeing him on Bake Off. Fkn hell Greg must be a GIANT, because Alex is not that little 😄😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've always been a little in love with Greg. Always loved his height. BUT I never realised how tall 'little' Alex Horne was until seeing him on Bake Off. Fkn hell Greg must be a GIANT, because Alex is not that little 😄😄
Greg is six foot eight, Alex is a mere six foot two. Both giants to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Watched a few episodes but couldn’t be bothered to carry on due to all the adverts but started to watch again since they’ve put the full episodes on YouTube

Watched a few episodes but couldn’t be bothered to carry on due to all the adverts but started to watch again since they’ve put the full episodes on YouTube
Just realised they have always been on there I’d just clicked a new one when I realised 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
New series tonight. Only 15 minutes in but already Chris Ramsey is annoying me with his over the top 'look at me getting the joke and laughing'.
The rest OK. Too early to tell.

Reactions: 1
Hoping it’ll end up being a good series but it’s definitely one of those shows that started off better.

We’re currently rewatching and I laugh SO much watching the earlier series.

Reactions: 4
I thought it was a good start.

Chris' laugh is annoying but I think his childish streak will be good for the show

• Heart
Chris being obviously competitive then looking surprised when he scores well - ugh 🙄. I didn’t think i’d like Bridget Christie as she’s a bit marmite but she’s not been too bad. Love Ardal 😊

Reactions: 6
I don't want to say it but ... I'm getting bored of it. I think it's lost the spark it had.

I actually didn't mind Chris on the show, I'd been apprehensive about him on it as the SMA podcast has been a bit eh recently for me... I think I'll avoid his podcast whilst he's on the show so him and Rosie wont run Taskmasker for me 🤣

Listening to the podcast and they explain the extra duck! Was a task they filmed for COC2 where there was unlimited ducks, but they tweaked the task for this episode!

I feel like Chris Ramsey has watched it too much - he almost feels rehearsed in tasks. I wasn't sure what Bridget would be like but she really impressed me.
Did you notice them all insulting the Timberland boots in the duck task and Sophie had similar shoes on in the studio?!

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed that first episode. I struggled with the covid series' but this feels more like the beginning.

The studio task stressed me out. I felt sick watching it 🤣

• Haha
I enjoyed that first episode. I struggled with the covid series' but this feels more like the beginning.

The studio task stressed me out. I felt sick watching it 🤣
Haha, same, I would've been out first round, it was so stressful 😩

Hoping it’ll end up being a good series but it’s definitely one of those shows that started off better.

We’re currently rewatching and I laugh SO much watching the earlier series.
same! it (obviously) is a show that is completely based on how well the guests gel as a group and some of the earlier series are just amazing. the bob mortimer/nish kumar/etc is by far my favourite - i still get nish and mark’s “i’m always watching you do cool stuff” song in my head 🤣

words cannot express how much of a weird crush i have on greg davies though.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Have caught up, I don't actually mind Chris Ramsay, I like that he's obviously competitive. You kinda need someone to be.

Ardal is going to be the trademark older, dopey, don't give a duck. But he's going to be good. I wasn't sure what he was going to be like.

Judi Love can duck off. Why did we let her become a thing. She isn't funny. She isn't entertaining. I don't like her.

The other two I haven't yet made my mind up on because I don't know them before this show.

And the studio task is an instant classic for me. It was brilliant.

I loved judi! I’ve found her irritating on other shows but loved her in the tasks! Her chatting bollcocks might get toned down but I like the mix of personalities! The group tasks I reckon will be the making of this group as they’re all so different

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I loved judi! I’ve found her irritating on other shows but loved her in the tasks! Her chatting bollcocks might get toned down but I like the mix of personalities! The group tasks I reckon will be the making of this group as they’re all so different
totally agree I find Judi mega annoying - but in Taskmaster last night she was hilarious - all the expressions and looks she gave really made me laugh. Similar with Sophie - seen her in a couple of panel shows and found her dry but she is great in this. I loved the first episode - already this is better than series 10!

totally agree I find Judi mega annoying - but in Taskmaster last night she was hilarious - all the expressions and looks she gave really made me laugh. Similar with Sophie - seen her in a couple of panel shows and found her dry but she is great in this. I loved the first episode - already this is better than series 10!
Totally agree with everything you said.

Since the move to channel 4 the show went down hill. But this opening episode reminded me of older series and I actually laughed out loud at it for the first time in ages

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.